Predicting the End of Samurai Jack

This post accurately predicts the ending of Samurai Jack.

Proceed with caution.

Jack stays in the future; sends Aku to the end of time.

Here’s what we know about the ending from Genndy:

>it’s the ending “we never knew we wanted”
>it will make us tear up/is bittersweet
>it might be more about Aku’s end than Jack’s

Here’s what we know about Jack in season 5:

>he’s haunted by his failure to be the heroic protector he vowed and trained to be; feels guilty
>he’s obsessed with the past
>he’s spent 50 years, two-thirds of his life, in the future, without aging
>Jack and Ashi are going to form a close bond

Jack needs to move on from his guilt, so that he can be happy and healthy, like he deserves. He’s obsessed with the past, but he clearly no longer belongs there. He additionally may decide he'd rather be with Ashi.

Here’s what we know about Aku in season 5:

>as Jack is haunted by his past, Aku is haunted by his future; he can never rest/his reign could be nearing its end because Jack could ambush him, or find a way back to the past and defeat him there at any moment, as far as he knows; Jack can’t die from old age and it’s extremely difficult to kill him, making him effectively nearly immortal, and Aku’s anxiety eternal
>he may have, or may form, a close bond with Ashi, as well

Aku, as the villain, ought to get his just desserts, and what better way to do that than use his fear of the future against him, and make his weapon against Jack, in the form of Ashi, a source of strength for Jack instead.

1/3

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=tui8hGKT3HY&t=21m21s
twitter.com/AnonBabble

2/3

Other information we have regarding Earth’s status in season 5:

>according to Jack, Aku destroyed all the portals to the past
>according to Genndy, the writers have not forgotten the Guardian and he will be addressed in season 5
>the Guardian’s portal was prophesized to only be used by one being
>the Guardian seemed to have gotten a message from the portal at the end of his episode, telling him not to kill Jack; we then see an image of an older Jack, with a beard and a crown

With this information and a basic understanding of creating satisfying story structure and closure, we can easily predict that:

>Jack will accept he cannot change the past, but he can change the future, thereby relieving himself of his burdensome guilt while simultaneously freeing the lives of those in the present and the future from Aku’s terror by defeating him. He may also realize he no longer belongs in feudal Japan, since he’s a far different person now than he was then.
>Aku’s fear of the future (and his weapon against Jack) will be used against him.
>Jack will use the portal, though in an unconventional way. He’s not the one that will go through it, Aku is, although he’ll be the one to force Aku in.
>Jack will preside over Earth as its fair leader, further righting his “wrong” of failing to protect people in the past, by caring for people in the present and future.
>The end is the anti-thesis of the beginning.

Thanks, we really needed a Samurai Jack thread. Because there's so little of them.

3/3

If you don’t believe me on the role reversal, further antithesis and parallelism between Jack and Aku includes:

>the obvious foil of Jack good and serious while clothed in white, and Aku being evil and silly in a black form
>Jack’s preoccupied with his past; Aku is preoccupied with his future
>Jack’s new armor and weapons are something akin to Aku’s shapeshifting
>Jack’s armor somewhat resembles Aku’s horns and spiked shoulders
>Jack loots weapons from his enemies after killing them; Aku can also used items used against him, like arrows and armor
>Aku spent earlier seasons essentially in hiding from Jack. Now that Jack’s lost his sword, he’s in hiding from Aku, who will soon learn of the sword’s absence, reigniting his bloodlust after decades of being in a stalemate
>Jack and Aku will likely have some sort of feud over Ashi, both being parental figures to her, despite hating each other

The most reasonable conclusion is that Jack stays in his present, and sends Aku far into the future through the Guardian’s portal. It meets Genndy’s clues, provides meaningful closure to Jack and Aku’s arcs, and hits all the right beats for a satisfying third-act, and it’s exactly what’s going to happen.

Screencap this.

I think Jack's dad is till alive. Igra's story about Aku imprisoning her father in a ring of fire for all eternity to pay for acting against Aku was clearly Aku alluding to what he did to the Emperor. If he's cursed Jack to not age for almost beating him he'd do the same to a warrior that managed to beat and seal him before.

Screencap this, OP. It's a good theory.

Screencap it yourself. Lazy cunts.

Ashi is Aku
Calling it

YOU'VE FOR-GOT-TEN YOUR

PUR

POSE

>Jack defeats Aku
>Goes back to the past and defeats Aku
>After this, he ages quickly and dies with a smile

It's your theory, asshole.

I'm not OP, retard.

>Ashi redemption happens
>She eventually joins Jack and allows a relationship to grow
>The second last episode comes out
>Last five minutes are a love scene between Jack and Ashi
>They spend the last few minutes of the episode enjoying the after afterglow
>"Oh Jack, I need to tell you something?"
>"What is it?"
>Ashi begins to shapeshift
>"FOOLISH SAMURAI!"
>"AKU!"
>WATCHA!

I'm OP. Seems too smug to screencap my already ostentatious posts, but here ya go. Looks like someone else already beat me to it, though.

seems to follow some parts of the comic where Jack became King.

That happened? Shit lmao. Doesn't Genndy not like the comics? I was basing the "Jack takes Aku's place as ruler of Earth" from this picture of him in the future from the Guardian episode.

However, I just realized Jack is visibly pretty aged when he's not supposed to be able to do that now, unless something "frees" him in season 5. Or they just retcon the "Jack is old in the portal's picture" thing.

final issue of the comic

Does it include Aku being sent to the future? Because Genndy also said it's something that's never been done before. I should have written that in my post.

I could see that. I have a different idea that might strike more of that bittersweet tone.

>Jack makes it back to the past at great cost, Ashi, Scotsman, others die
>Jack returns to immediately after Aku flung him forward and strikes Aku down
>However, he cannot kill Aku outright
>He's still unaging from the time travel
>Jack resolves to stand guard over Aku for the rest of time so that he may never rise again; it's a lonely existence, but Jack finally resolves his guilt and is at peace
>Final shot is Ashi from the new, brighter future finding herself drawn to the area where Guardian Jack is stationed

I do like it potentially ending on a remake of the intro with the roles reversed. Aku being sent to a future where Jack's justice is law where he is constantly being hounded by heroes.

> Ashi and her sisters are descendants of Jack's sisters

>Trained his entire life to fight the ultimate evil: Aku
>These seven were trained their entire lives to fight the "ultimate evil": Samurai Jack
This has to be done on purpose.
If I didn't know the inevitable fight will be quick, brutal and with barely any words or none at all I'd bet the writers would use the similarities to cause Jack to fixate his seven sisters on them

Just how many episodes are we getting?

10. One already aired.

9 left

Jeez I wonder if the last 3 episode will just he a 3 parter

>three part finale
>just like the three part premiere

never

>Jack and Ashi are going to form a close bond

Get this cliche romance with ally of enemy shit out of here, Jack needs to vanquish any and all worshipers or spawn of Aku.

In his 50 years of being in the future, Jack is going to gut the daughters of Aku like any other robot.

>romance
Never said that. I to God hope it's parental and not romantic, but they're definitely working together.

Does this not look like Ashi being torn between her dual loyalties to two sworn enemies? What if they even have the same sort of relationship with her, that is, father-daughter? Really fires those synapses, huh.

oh my god my dyslexic moment

Anyway, that picture only strengthens my belief in my prediction, since it has very little to do with the ending if it's as I say it is, therefore they aren't afraid to show it.

Ashi's going to betray Jack in one last FOOLISH SAMURAI ruse by Aku and Jack will become the Ripper

Jack beats the guardian and goes back

he forms a bond with one of the girl's and with her help gets back

>BIG FLAMING EYEBROWS

Look, I just want to see him reunited with his family again and qt japanese princess girl.

I want to see him smile again, staying in the future doesn't seem like it will give me that. Not to mention his allies are now on deaths door, like Scotsman

>Jack defeats Aku
>before Aku dies, he does the screech thing again
>sends Jack even further into the future
>now Jack has to again find a way back to the past in an entirely new world

How mad would you be, Sup Forums?

AKU DESTORYED THE WAY BACK HOME JACK SAID IT HIMSELF.

WHY DOES NOBODY REMEBER THIS.
AKU COULDVE CHANGED THE FUTURE AGAIN- HE COULDVE KILLED THE GUARDIAN, DESTROYED THE PORTAL.

>Aku disguising as a woman for the third time in a row
>Jack still falls for it

Only one man can defeat the Guardian.

And Aku, my man, ain't that man.

>Jack defeats Aku with Ashi's help
>They're about to enter the last time portal, which is in danger of collapse
>suddenly, Jack sees the Shadow Rider in the distance
>tells Ashi to go, to go back to the past and take his sword to defeat Aku, he's too far gone to ever fit in back in his old home and she can still have a good life in that kinder era
>last thing Ashi sees before she's sent back in Jack's place is the Samurai joyously engaging the Shadow Rider in combat
>Ashi arrives moments after Jack left and defeats Past Aku
>gives the Sword back to Jack's father and leaves to explore the world she helped save
>many years later, in the ruins of the Emperor's castle, the Sword rests in a dilapidated display, forgotten but untarnished by time
>someone takes it off its pedestal
>we don't see who, but we can hear the sound of wooden sandals walking down the steps as the screen fades to black

He looks like he's getting Jack to go balls deep this time.

youtube.com/watch?v=tui8hGKT3HY&t=21m21s

People who've seen the first three episodes say that Aku has low-expectations for the Daughters of Aku. Who wants to bet he'll change his tune after Ashi survives the massacre that wipes out her six sisters?

go away romancefag and teamupfags

he going to kill them all

See Ashi and Jack are teaming up, whether we like it or not.

And why introduce these characters/this cult, plus name one and give her some development, if it's just to kill them in a single episode? Scaramouche didn't get an episode of backstory before Jack whoops him, nor has any other SJ antagonist, aside from Aku, who is major and recurring.

Ashi will definitely assist Jack in his final fight against Aku and will be there for the farewell before he finally goes back to the past.

That aku actually sent jack further into the past in a planet where he ruled before he came to earth and all those people and locations that had connections with jack in the past was just aku trying to fuck with him
And when jack finally finds a way back to the past he is flung further and further away from his goal

Jack never literally goes back to the past. He just ends up going back to his past self. Series will end with Jack being heroic again and beating Aku, but at the same time being stuck in the future.

I think aku wont be killed (the emperor couldnt, even with the sword).

Jack will bind aku in some item and guard it for the rest of their eternal lives. Together. Bickering like an old couple.

>Jack will bind aku in some item
Yep, he puts him in his sword and throws through a portal into the future.

Jack might meet up with him later.

>it’s the ending “we never knew we wanted”
Easy. Jack never goes back to the past, he defeats Aku in the present (future). After all, everything we know and care about in the world has been the future world, not the past world. Getting back to the past would just be a story-book ending that nobody really wants. We'd much rather know that emoji doggos and Scotsman's hot granddaughter get to see the world grow slowly brighter, freed from Aku's darkness.

This has some interesting implications when you think about it, now that Jack's pretty much immortal.

Basically this would imply that their rivalry never ends, they essentially become the personification of good and evil and the constant battle that takes place between the two forces throughout eternity.

That would mean there would be long periods of time where one "rules" over the other in either a "good and prosperous" era, or an "evil and chaotic" era, until both of them meet up again to fight each other and repeat the process. So they basically they would become a source of conflicting balance within the universe.

That sounds real fuckin' neato actually.

Jack has Aku cornered, about to land the finishing blow. Aku offers to send Jack back to the past.
>I will not fall for your tricks.
>This is no trick, Samurai. Without me you will NEVER get to the past!
>That makes no sense, you would not benefit in any way.
>Samurai, you cannot change what has happened. If you return to the past, this future will still exist, but it will not be your future. You will have your future and I will have my future. Everyone's happy!
>::Jack thinks about his mother, his father, and the home as he knew it, but suddenly all the faces of the people of the land tormented by Aku flash before his eyes.::
>No....
>What!?
>No, you MUST be stopped. The people who have fallen by your law must be avenged! The future will not be Aku!
>YOU WILL NEVER GET TO THE PAST! YOU WILL NEVER SEE YOUR FAMILY AGAIN! YOU WILL NEVER SAVE THE ONES YOU LOST!
>::Jack strikes him down, sealing him again in the sword::
>CURSE YOU, SAMURAI!

I can see Jack traveling around the future world with Ashi undoing all of Aku's evil. But the only problem is that he's already been doing that for most of the series.

And as for him being the new ruler of earth? I just don't see it. I'd rather the guardian episode that showed Jack wearing a crown be retconned for personal reasons. I just don't like the design.

How butthurt will you be when he's killed off screen?

If Jack couldn't beat the Guardian I doubt Aku could

>Implying that's how powerlevels work in Samurai Jack.
Guardian can't do shit to Aku unless he can pull a weapon that can damage him out of his assAlthough I wouldn't bet against the idea that he could

>The Guardian could defeat Aku, if only he gave a shit about things other than guarding.
It's Tom Bombadil all over again.

you mean like some kind of.

some kind of yin and yang.

Actually fuck Aku and Jack are both pretty swirl-prone designs fuccckk was this kino all along.

It kinda makes sense that Jack would stay in the future. He no longer belongs in the past.