Why is it difficult to find conservative artists in the Sup Forums industry...

Why is it difficult to find conservative artists in the Sup Forums industry? The industry is basically all capitalism and competition, which are strong principles for conservatives. So why isn't it more balanced?

Other urls found in this thread:

blog.dilbert.com/post/146307088451/why-gun-control-cant-be-solved-in-the-usa
blog.dilbert.com/post/150919416661/why-i-switched-my-endorsement-from-clinton-to
theoutline.com/post/1080/scott-adams-dilbert-blog-worst
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Liberals currently dominate the industry by nature of where we are culturally.
Look at current Marlel runs which pride themselves on "diversity".

Liberals prevent the comseratives in getting jobs.

So tolerant.

Because comics are primarily art, and art is primarily made by artists, and the sort of people who are willing to take up art as a living probably went to college to help get there. I shouldn't need to tell you what art school campuses are like.

A to B to C to D to E.

Why do you make variations on this exact same thread every few days?

Why do mods allow thinly veiled Sup Forums threads on Sup Forums?

maybe artists are generally smart enough to know what capitalism means.
Protip: it doesnt mean anything a market does.

Why do you assume Sup Forums is one person?

I don't. I know there's quite a few Sup Forums invaders.

Oh look, this thread again.

Prepare for "muh Sup Forums boogeyman!!" responses.

>Why do mods allow thinly veiled Sup Forums threads on Sup Forums?

Why does the government allow you to dump garbage in a garbage dump?

It's not legal and they get the same response as that lady who refused to hand candy out to people who voted for Obama, ridicule and lawsuits.

Just stop Sup Forums You're not fooling anyone.

Conservatives aren't creative.
Also less of them.

Is Scott Adams actually conservative? I get the feeling that a lot of what he does is playing Devil's Advocate and trying to persuade people to think more critically about certain issues.

Oh look!
When everybody's Sup Forums, nobody is I guess.

Great response. Go back.

Liberalism is basically a religion at this point. Like Scientology where they believe in total Government control and a communist like spread of wealthy.

Ostensibly, it IS illegal, but assuming any employer's petulant enough to go through with it (and I 100% believe there are):
1. The effort and fees in getting through a legitimate trial to sue for unjust termination are usually prohibitive enough to turn people off the idea, and
2. Any employer who's not completely retarded knows what firing someone for their political beliefs leaves them open to, so instead they'll either disguise the firing on a trumped-up job offense or just make the employee's working life hell until he voluntarily quits.

There are just not as vocal as there louder liberal counter part, mostly because there's no benefit for doing so in the largely liberal field. If you tout SJW beliefs, you will get praised, if you spout conservative beliefs you will alienate yourself from contacts that can get you a job. It's really not that hard to figure out.

Yep no pol/ invasion here.

Art is liberal slanted, generally speaking, because in the past 100 years there's been a tight link between art, liberal arts colleges, academia, progressivism, and therefor leftism.

Liberals specifically (actual liberals, not the Sup Forums liberals who are actually far left) are tightly intertwined with the entertainment business because "muh capitalism", though there are also quite a few conservatives in the buisness as well.

This has become a self-sustaining issue. Because leftists rule the industry, they tend to keep out those outspoken on their right-leaning stances. So the right is as a whole dissuaded from making art.

I expected that a Trump victory would push Sup Forums to try and meme their way into a creative movement for the far right, though outside of high effort memes and the occasional e-celeb they've kept mainly to jerking off the classics of western civilization. Kind of dissappointing, I'd like to ser what kind of crap an artistic movement based on the altright would come up with.

He identifies as democratic.
blog.dilbert.com/post/146307088451/why-gun-control-cant-be-solved-in-the-usa
>"On average, Democrats (that’s my team*) use guns for shooting the innocent. We call that crime."
>"*I endorsed Clinton for president for my personal safety. I write about Trump’s powers of persuasion and it is not safe to live in California if people think you support Trump in any way. Also, I’m rich, so I don’t want anything to change in this country. The rest of you might have a different risk profile."

I don't think he is a Trump supporter so much as a person who is highly interested in the power of persuasion a person can have and likes to think critically about it and share his thoughts with other people. He shares all his theories from the point of view of a guy who spent a lot of working years in slow government jobs filled with bureaucratic nonsense.

Conservatives have spent the last 30-40 years making mocking people who pursue a career in the arts as future baristas and bums.

Cue conservatives avoiding these careers like the plague.

Funny that.

Because everyone is afraid of making a modern day duckman

It's not like conservatives dominate engineering (or STEM in general) or the medical field.

Artists don't control the industry and generally aren't the type to really comprehend business.
I say as an artist.

Correct. Liberals dominate STEM too.

He later switched his endorsement to Trump.

blog.dilbert.com/post/150919416661/why-i-switched-my-endorsement-from-clinton-to

I'm reminded of a really cool graph that showed which careers were dominated by people of certain ideologies. I'm gonna go find it.

Right so why would you expect them to waste their time making comics?
We don't really need another XKCD.

Artists tend to be thoughtful and curious. Conservatives are capable of neither.

Mods why the fuck is this thread still up?

Jordan Peterson said: "Liberals create things. Conservatives make those things work." A comic artist doesn't really need anyone to make things work. It's also a very hostile environment in general to people on the right. I've recently heard Colin Moriarty say he gets a lot of support from people in the video game business, but only privately. He said from heads of studios to the lowest worker. It's just that "coming out" in this sense would, they fear, adversely affect their careers so I think what you get is a lot of people being quiet. He did say that the only aspect of video games dominated by the left is the media which gives the rest an impression it's all like that.

Alright I found it.

Damn you beat me to it.

>muh oil
Can't make that shit up.

Conservatives very rarely are concerned with the arts desu. I can understand economic conservatism but social conservatives just seem to be a bunch of grumpy old white people

Because shockingly more than half of the posts in this thread have stayed on topic and kept it relevant to Sup Forums and not just a general Sup Forums thread. And because the mods are not like you who literally get triggered when they see the words "liberal" or "conservative" and immediately assume it's some Sup Forums infiltration trying to destroy Sup Forums or some shit.

>Democrat = Liberal

Wait there are Republican Yoga Instructors?

what the hell is a Petroleum Geologist Chef

>flight attendants demorats
>pilots republicunts

really makes you think

Like any of those denominations make more objective sense than calling yourself a dragonkin.

Conservatives lack both creativity and the drive to develop good skills. They believe everything should be handed to them because they were born white, rich, and male.

Stop making this thread.

Also way to give your topic a strong start by leading with the dilbert guy.

theoutline.com/post/1080/scott-adams-dilbert-blog-worst

Lot of art relies on government funding. Artists also realize they need social programs considering what they're paid.