4th time's the charm?

4th time's the charm?

DCEU has had 2 really good movies for comic book fans and 1 decent one that was well-received by normies. 4th might be for critics. Reddit Tomato upvotes here we go!

There's no Snyder trying to be deep and thoughtful, they didn't rush it like they did with Squad, and Gadot wasn't that bad in that spy comedy with Jon Hamm.
I'm cautiously optimistic, it'll take a few good movies in a row before I start to have faith in Warner not fucking things up.

>There's no Snyder trying to be deep and thoughtful
How is that a positive? I for one like to be treated like a non-retard and enjoy turning on my brain to watch movies. I feel like that makes the experience more enjoyable.

>How is that a positive?
Because Snyder isn't that good at it, the Superman=Jesus stuff in MoS and BvS had zero subtlety.

Doubt it.

The only one I can see being actually good is Aquaman. It's the only one that hasn't been plagued by bad luck of directors leaving, rewrites, Snyder and all that shit. Hopefully it stays that way.

>comic fans actually like the DCEU

Just stop this meme. BvS is for people who think they read DC comics

Yes the psych 101 monologue Lex Luthor gives about God and Man was truly thought provoking.

Sure need more of that in my capeshit movie about two cartoon characters punching each other.

>comic fans actually like the DCEU
>Just stop this meme.
You might be right. DC comics fans are the most autistic bunch of people I've ever encountered, they're obsessed with "NOT MUH" and "This character is not exactly like how he was when I was a child, it's terrible reeeee."

It's faggots like you who lose their shit at Man of Steel. Just because it's a different interpretation of Superman doesn't mean it's bad.

>DC is shit general #9873

And just because it is different it doesnt mean that it is good.

But really, if you are going to make your first and probably only cinematic universe, you should make the characters recognizable for the public.

Stop confusing DC with WB movies. Comic section has no say.

>It's wrong to demand an adaptation that stays true to the source material

Hmm I wonder why the MCU is doing so well

nigga, chances are i read a lot more comic than you and i love the films so far

If you like these films then you haven't read enough comics

>2 really good movies for comic book fans

now explain why the shows, comics and video games are shit

why

>Because Snyder isn't that good at it
I'd say he is. There's more to it than just religious analogues.

>the Superman=Jesus stuff in MoS and BvS had zero subtlety.
It's probably too subtle for you considering the point is that Superman ISN'T Jesus despite having many similarities. Turn on your brain, or do it the easy way and let DCEU analysts tell you what the things mean.

>Hmm I wonder why the MCU is doing so well
By straying from the source material. Last I checked, Jane is not Thor, Steve Rogers is not HYDRA, Iron Man is not a little black girl/Doctor Doom and Bruce Banner is not dead.

No, it's just the casuals who are NOT MUH. They read one comic, or more likely watch one cartoon, and suddenly think "THIS is the way it should be done and how it has always been!" The more comics you read, the more diversified you know the characters are.

1st time was the charm, then they fucked up

I don't think so, no.

>implying it was bad
Luthor has always been a pseudo-intellectual with terrible reasoning. Just because he's good at science doesn't mean he's good at philosophy. Go read a comic.

Suicide Squad wasn't that bad. It did what it had to do. I think the rhythm of "fans, normies, critics" is a good one that will keep the DCEU afloat while providing excellent content.

nigga, chances are i read a lot more comic than you and i hate the films so far

they arent even good films by themselves, much less good DC films

Nah, even Justice League Action Luthor is a better take on the character.

Read more comics until you like it. Problem solved. And I mean comics that are related, eg Superman and Batman.

I literally haven't met someone who has read as much or more comics than me (which is a fucking lot of superman) that has disliked MoS or hated BvS

Because once you understand all the iterations of Superman you give less of a fuck when it doesn't adhere to "muh" superman

>Suicide Squad wasn't that bad.
It really was that bad. I liked MoS, BvS had some good moments in it, but SS was straight up trash. I don't understand how anyone could like that shit.

read more comics then. nigga.

Yes, this time you'll be right and it'll flop.

1st, 2nd and 3rd times were charms too, one of them even got an Oscar

>inb4 "it was for makeup"

It's still an Oscar

I can see Man of steel levels of reception again if they try to make it about peace with over the top slow mo action, and don't trust pre screening at all.

true autism

you fake ass dceu fans and your delusions of fandom

fuck off autistic casuals

I'm not even going to dignify this stupid post with a decent response. You know how you're wrong.

This is so fucking wrong

Aquaman is my favorite Superhero. All I want is for his and Shazam's movie to be good.

SS sucked. I will admit that I that the begging was good. It got me wondering about how they were going to add on to the characters back story. But they it just turn into a orgy of point less fighting scenes and terrible "bonding" moments.

Fuck off cunt. MoS and BvS were kino.

At best we'll get a decent Steve Trevor movie dragged down by the inclusion of some talentless actress.

>4th time's the charm?
I believe it's,
THREE STRIKES, YOU'RE OUT

MCU does not follow the comics at all. You'd know that if you actually read some comics instead of following Buzzfeed headlines and looking at paid adverts on The View