Movie skuttlebutt

>Widow & Hawkeye replaced Ant-Man & Wasp in Avengers because Edgar Wright took too long!
Is there any concrete source to this or is it all assumption & memery?

ANTS.

How would Skuttlebutt appear in MCU?

Would Skuttlebutt's computer voice be voiced by Patrick Duffy?

After a reboot. :^)

A N T S

Wheadon confirmed it in an interview years ago that he originally wanted Pym and Janet in Avengers, but since Wright had plans for them he wasn't allowed to use them.

inb4 Ellen Mclain's GLaDOS voice
>yfw

Good. Whedon's a cancer.

A N T S

Sup Forums is cancer, whedon is just whedonisms

He wanted O5, which would have been great. But Wright fucked it all up. Baby driver looks like shit

ANTS

ANTS

ANTS

I've heard that Joss wanted Wasp but not that Edgar was specifically why she wasn't used.
I just can't see a studio with so much to risk at the time hedging their bets on fucking Ant-Man as an establishing franchise. Years later, sure. When they'd churned out a shittier sequel and still made billions. But as a foundation, when that's still a pipe dream? Nah m8. Doesn't compare to Cap/Thor/Hulk/RDJ.

user, this isn't some rumor. Ant-man, Iron man, Incredible Hulk and Runaways were the planned movies. Iron Man was a success so they scrapped Runaways for focusing purely on the Avengers and Edgar Wright took so fucking long with Ant-man that it kept getting pushed back and pushed back until finally Marvel said enoughs enough and Wright walked out.

I don't doubt you, but this sounds like interesting insight I'd like to delve more into so... Source?

ANTS

ANTS

That whole Widow&Hulk relationship they had going on in the Avengers is pretty embarrassing since it was so obvious that it was simply the Wasp&Hulk relationship tacked onto Widow since the Widow was the only female member of the team and with how Wasp wasn't even a thing.

Which was just made extra weird what with how Widow was always a killer and with an old history of cold killings for most of her life. And the Hulk was somehow meant to find warmth and be calmed by that?
With the Wasp it made sense since her innocence was always a notable trait of hers. And it was through that innocence and actual warmth that the Hulk could be calmed.

They really screwed it up by attempting to do the same thing using Widow instead of Wasp.

ANTS

ANTS

>he Wasp&Hulk relationship
This is news to me.
Guess I'm a casual today.
Elaboration please?

it's all bs these rumors came after Ant-man film. The way media buzzes about this shit we would have had sources link by now.

I thought the issue with Edgar Wright wasn't he took so long more than it was in his particular style rather than what became the marvel house style so there were constant rewrites?

It was a thing in the comics. Kind of like how they did it in the movie, but it made much more sense.
There was a time where the Wasp to an extent kind of served as Hulk's sanity anchor, so that he didn't go full rampage and making things worse as the Avengers were trying to do good.

ANTS

Long story short. They were fine with his style, until he took almost a decade to make his movie and the franchise had time to build its own identity before he could put his own mark on it.
After that fact, they wanted Wright to play ball and make something that would still make sense with the rest the of the franchise. Wright hated that so he bailed due to no longer being able to make the movie he wanted.

He had his chance. But when you're working with a franchise you can't just make your movie like it's in a vacuum.

We've known about the Ant-man movie since well before Avengers' release, you fuckin' dingus.

ANTS FOR THE ANT GOD
PYM PARTICLES FOR HIS SUIT

And that relates to the rumors in the other rumors how?

What's worse is what made him leave was the starting scene in the film. He was just that angry Stark was named drop. The flacon fight was added after he left.

Knowing Wright he was probably wanting to be able to say Ant-man could stand on his own as a film. I don't think he thought that through however since it was the 13th Marvel film. Even in a vaccum one could claim it's success was thanks to the trail of money making cape films.
I dislike he walk becuase where Antman was a success and Joss screw the pooch with AoU I fear executives were crush out even more creative control.

no, he was trying to make Pym the villain of the movie. He didn't want Hope or any Wasp to touch the movie, He wanted 11 people involved in the heist.

His plans were shit and when he got called out on it he bailed.

I understood this reference

ANTS

ANTS

All the more reason there should be a concrete report on the matter. Not just anons playing connect the dots.

What is there to report? Who fucking cares.

ANTS.