What are some cool vidya references in cartoons and comics? Gif related is from the powerpuff girls

What are some cool vidya references in cartoons and comics? Gif related is from the powerpuff girls.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=YbapxbsErYM
youtube.com/watch?v=m_phpl4Lby4
youtube.com/watch?v=Auz79N5iDAY
youtube.com/watch?v=mjanxZiVkvU
youtube.com/watch?v=aiQJZAe9-H0
youtube.com/watch?v=shLt_HXNls0
youtube.com/watch?v=QhKLGfb34Ns
youtube.com/watch?v=hghol1iG2DQ
youtube.com/watch?v=HJ9_hX-v68M
youtube.com/watch?v=PMYMsZTwqRI
youtube.com/watch?v=P6BxQ4aXVyI
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Steven Universe has tons of them, can't post any because I'm at work right now but just watch it if you haven't

Always liked the Punch-Out sub-plot from The Simpsons

>watch Steven Universe

lol no

that Gumball one

Coconut Fred had a whole episode dedicated to Final Fantasy VII.

>i-i-i'm at work and definitely not still sitting at home like a typical worthless neet leeching off my parents pls watch tumblr universe oh god pls watch my shitty show
haha sanic so funny and epic!

King of the Hill has the principal playing Halo 2.
>Dang it I just got shot in the face.

Don't for get the grand theft auto episode where hank gets addicted to a game starring him.

There you go. I think this one came from Say Uncle, but idk.

Why is the Animation here unironically better then all of Steven Universe?

>Steven Universe

Fuck off.

Vidya is stupid and is for children.

Says the grown adult on the cartoons board.

Because it was done by the people that did uncle grandpa

>implying i'm grown
I did too many drugs during puberty and fucked that shit up real good. Now I'm a manlet with a baby face.

I don't know how you made that assumption from him just saying he's at work but sure.

That doesn't affect how old you actually are you neet

It does affect whether I'm "grown" or not, though.

People can be fully grown and be short. Stop being a faggot.

They still look like adults though. I'm not grown in any sense of the word. Unless age counts in and of itself, but that would just be time, not growth.

my only fond PPG memory

That Konami code

Not even that. There's literally an entire episode to Gumball meeting Ocho's plumber uncle Mario.

I missed that episode

Can't think of any. At least not any that aren't incredibly shallow or cringeworthy. Will you accept a comic reference in a vidya?

For some reason modern writers forget that subtly is a good thing. Look how nu-ppg handles references, it's disgusting.

They really don't wanna risk that the audience won't get it.

It's called The Uncle.

Always liked this as a kid, since OoT was my favorite game back then.

I swear I saw that episode but I don't remember this. Still great, though.

You sure sound like a fun, interesting person.

That's not actually an Aquaman reference is it? Are those just recolored Zora tops/pants?

Is that Chrono Trigger's Frog?

Treating the audience like they're idiots only alienates them even more. Lots of jokes I didn't get as a kid I end up loving later when I do get it. The writers shouldn't be punished for trying to be subtle.

Amethyst's messy room in SU was full of Animal Crossing furniture.

Gumball has like at least three references in every episode, when the episode isn't a videogame reference in itself.

I really like when they did the street fighter thing.
youtube.com/watch?v=YbapxbsErYM
Also, does the music sound really similar to guilies theme?

>Gumball is Chun-Li
kek

It does.

>tfw cartoons have finally moved on from Space Invaders parodies

You were a fetus at one point. You are now more developed that that.

If you aren't going to physically develop further, you are fully grown. Any immaturity is on you now.

You don't know me.

doesn't you brain continue to develop until you're in your mid twenties or something?

Why do people get so upset when someone mentions a cartoon that they don't like?

>Ctrl+F "Futurama"
>0 results found
disappointment

No it wasn't. It doesn't even matter because they're both outsourced to Koreans. You have no idea what you're talking about.

I mean, structurally the brain is always "developing" because each new memory or thought causes a structural change.

Fun fact: When you are born, your brain isn't fully myelinated. The first structures to myelinate are brainstem related, and the frontal cortex (where higher level thought is) is last.

It doesn't really finish until you are 11-12. For the first few months of your life, you really just are a reflex machine, as you can't have conscious thought.

(You)

Do video game cartoons count?

youtube.com/watch?v=m_phpl4Lby4
youtube.com/watch?v=Auz79N5iDAY

Same episode.
>Good god, I just stabbed a parking attendant! Where's the button to turn myself in?

Am I the only one who's really not enjoying BotW, so far? I got to Zora's Domain and just lost interest.

I think the main problem is that suffers from the same thing that made Sticker Star shit - no level up system. Like, there's no reason to ever fight anyone because all you'll do is break a weapon or two and get another once you're done, plus you run the risk of losing health for nothing.

I don't know, I'm just really not feeling it with this one.

is that real

>the dog does a hadoken motion
>shoryuken comes out
wtf

more or less, is an imaginary side character introduced in garnet's universe

>Buttercup playing Pitfall
>Bubbles helping

This isn't a video game reference. It's not even a video game comic.

>comics
Gunnerkrigg Court has some of the characters play video games, but not as part of any plot.

I prefer the edit.

>I swear I saw that episode but I don't remember this. Still great, though.
Cause it was much smaller, on a screen. That gif I'm pretty sure was posted on IJQ's Tumblr.

How did the writers know about Breath of the Wild two years in advance!?

I think it was the Steven Universe/ Uncle Grandpa crossover.

>Zelda
>Level up system

wew lad

wasted t b h f a m

Wew indeed

Forgetting Zelda 2?

>shitty post in a shitty dead thread
>WASTED.jpg

W E W L A D
E
W
L
A
D

Why the fuck did you go into a Zelda game expecting a level up system, this isn't fucking Dark Souls
Sextuplets here is right, it's entirely your fault for being retarded

W H Y

>Pitfall
>N64

Does he? That's cool, remember what episode?

When did Zelda go back to the Zelda 2 level up system

I don't remember them ever doing that

Check em

youtube.com/watch?v=mjanxZiVkvU

And then

youtube.com/watch?v=aiQJZAe9-H0

KEK has spoken!
Shadilay!

You misunderstood his point. There's no reason to fight enemies, you just break your weapons, and get shittier weapons in return. IF the game had a leveling system for example, that issue would be negated and there would be more of a point in killing things. Instead of just avoiding their camp because you don't care about it.
Which is similar to how in Sticker Star, all of your attacks were consumable items, and the only thing you got from expending them was money to buy more attacks. It was pointless.

You do however need monster parts to upgrade armor, so there is some point to and progression from killing random monsters.

Look, this is coming from a guy who has completed every 3D entry in the series multiple times over. In every other, including the 2D variations, when you kill an enemy you get hearts and rubees - two things that actually matter.

In BotW, you get some random shit you're never going to use, so you sell it to a shop. Or if you need health, you climb a bunch of trees and get something you would've normally gotten from just killing an enemy. It just adds an unneccessary step that serves no purpose.

Like, I love the concept they had going - an open world Zelda game - but the execution was just so goddamn poor that everything feels like a chore with no reward. You pick up a weapon, break it on an enemy, pick up another weapon, rinse and repeat.

youtube.com/watch?v=shLt_HXNls0

Enemies should just drop ruppees (in addition to their guts and shit)

That way killing shit has a purpose: buy good weapons, arrows, armor, etc.

Instead the best way to get through the game is to simply fly over trashmobs and save your weapons for bosses.

youtube.com/watch?v=QhKLGfb34Ns

See, this is exactly how I got to my first giant beast (or whatever they're called). Instead of taking the path laid out for you to Zora's Domain, I basically just swam around every group of baddies and fought maybe two enemies tops. Other than that, it was just a boring hike with no action.

If I had had a reason, or at least the resources, I would've gladly taken my time and cleared out every enemy whilst looking for treasure and secret areas, but instead I had to tip toe through like a fourth of the game.

If I wanted to play a game that way, I'd just try my hands at one of those TES speedruns that all the rage nowadays.

youtube.com/watch?v=hghol1iG2DQ

Well played Tartakovsky.

Heres how they could have fixed the durability systems
>Instead of having all the weapons break after three or four enemies, have your equipped weapon suffer wear and tear over time. Doing less damage as it gets to be in worse conditions.
>You have a whetstone that can provide basic repairs in the field, and you can take it to town to repair it fully at a blacksmith.
>They never fully break. Just get less effective.

Not vidya but this always cracked me up

Pretty much this.

Even something as simple as this would've made the game exponentially better. I mean, the whole point of having a diverse arsenal of weapons is to poke around until you find the one you like, not use it on two enemies then say goodbye to it forever.

NOt posting the superior clip

youtube.com/watch?v=HJ9_hX-v68M

user im disappointed.

Gumball is literally the wildwest of refrences.
>The Tale of Zelmore

But it still didn't have a level up system

Holy shit

>banana cactaur
>straight out off ff7 summoning animation

I should check this out

I'm enjoying it, but it's not as amazing as everyone wants you to believe it is. Jim Sterling got it right

One of my favorites. I guffawed when the aired.

Kinda Streetfighter mixed with moba
youtube.com/watch?v=PMYMsZTwqRI

So Monster Hunter?

>Banana Joe is a Cactuar
That's good shit.

Any clips of the actual mech fight?

Sure, but thats more Godzilla, so i didnt post them
youtube.com/watch?v=P6BxQ4aXVyI

> Kills fairy

> Loses three hearts

Worth it.

>only having an N64