His new voice is shit

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=t7N67hn0TlA
vocaroo.com/i/s1dr3lkBcd7B
vocaroo.com/i/s1AYJkM05kQB
vocaroo.com/i/s1MOr7bDjprw
soundcloud.com/delivererofdarkness/akus-theme
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I haven't really heard it well enough to say.

and what are YOU going to do about it?

Aku: New phone who dis?

EXTRA THICK

Bring Mako back then

;_;

Greg Baldwin made an adequate replacement as Iroh, but he makes a terrible Aku. Baldwin's Mako imitation falls apart as soon as he has to be any semblance of bombastic and Aku is ALWAYS bombastic.

It was Greg or nothing, and in the final season it can't be nothing

Mark Hamill would do better.

You might want to sit down for this...

EXTRA SHITT

thats why he's going to be depressed and tired all the time

>2 lines
>Over a fucking phone
>Shit
Neck yourself immediately. Don't even hesitate.

I see. Please post some examples of Hamill's asian impersonation

Complaining about Baldwin's Aku, when we know the guy is trying his best, is kind of like complaining that an actor doesn't look nearly exactly like the historical figure he's playing. You can pick someone who looks pretty similar, and enhance that with make-up, but ultimately, the difference is physical and unchangeable.

If he's giving it his all, what else can you ask of him? He was probably the best they could have ever gotten.

what about aku user? I think in cases like this I'd probably look towards the masses. Hold a contest for christ sake.

He was pretty damn good. I guess they could have held a contest, but the familiarity with voice acting is still a hurdle. They need to be able to act AND not sound out of their depth. Plus, Mako really benefited from being an old man. Not that Greg's old, but he's like twice the age of what the average applicant would be.

I'm not gonna fault Baldwin too much unless he really fucks up.

And really, this is a tough act to follow:

youtube.com/watch?v=t7N67hn0TlA

Greg was literally Mako's understudy, he's the best that was available and I think he'll do the role justice.

>Not wanting Mako-Lich

out of their depth? What do you mean?

Came here to say that.

this should be brought up.

clearly at the end of the show, it's gonna be good.

I think we should bring back Dirk Richter.

vocaroo.com/i/s1dr3lkBcd7B

I miss Mako too but he's dead and the show is not going to get rid of its primary antagonist before it's time.

>vocaroo.com/i/s1dr3lkBcd7B
It's not a bad impression but I'm glad we got Baldwin over that

>literally just Joker or Ozai dressed as Aku
No thanks.

He's dead, Jim.

>vocaroo.com/i/s1dr3lkBcd7B
Bane? Seriously, that's shit.

You know the difference between how you feel traveling somewhere familiar and traveling somewhere you've never been before? Something like that. You're not nearly as at home, it's not as natural to you, you can't "let loose", so to speak.

And Mako has the edge because he's the one who came up with the voice, so he understand Aku's sound, vocal mannerisms, vocabulary, sentence structure, accent, and so on. There are many rules at play I'm certain he wasn't consciously aware of, and it would take some work to pull it apart and memorize the "rules". And then you have to record while remember them all, AND act well, which includes not sounding unaccustomed to your character or getting too hung up on the appearance of it that you neglect the finer aspects. And then you have to be bombastic and goofy as fuck, to play Aku. Some ad-libbing may also be involved.

Are you him? I'm incredibly flattered you'd take the time out of your day to record this to respond to me. Not even being sarcastic. You do a good job.

+Misread a line. +multitasking. (there is no voice synthesizer added or effects other than the "aku environment" hum.)

* forgot link
vocaroo.com/i/s1AYJkM05kQB

Yes.

We didn't even hear is voice properly retards

We've only heard like 5 seconds of it. And it was over the phone. Stop jumping to conclusions.

In all truth, the real problem is that I've only recently started and attempting to Mime Aku's voice patterns. Before this, the locals where I came from always wanted me to imitate other voices of individuals they knew that were in my vocal range.

A common one they knew from television was Mojo Jojo, which annoyingly stuck around as a party trick that people constantly requested, but I've been trying to phase it out because it emerges often in my other impressions if I'm not too focused.

Personally, I don't mind criticism simply because I prefer to know truthfully whether or not my attempts at replicating a voice sound authentic or not to be more than a simple, useless party trick.

ok then give me a better voice actor for Aku otehr than Mako
protip:you can't

How much Aku would you say we have to look forward to in the new series? I was worried they weren't going to use the character much until the final episode, and had even started wondering if they'd killed him off already.

He's a random user doing Aku impressions, user, I don't think he knows anymore than you or I.

IMO it felt pretty phoned in

He said he was Greg here:

You hit your stride in the louder, more hostile/over-the-top bits. Casual tone (as casual as Aku can be) needs some work, but I think it's that's you need to get more comfortable with it. Some of your laughs aren't up to par, but I've heard you nail them more often than not, I think.

Season 5 Aku will probably be more glum, but it's up to you if you wanna learn that Aku too.

Love ya, babe.

Lmao no way. Someone mentioned Akunon, he responded, and I asked if it was him. Not Greg.

Oh. Carry on, then.

Incidentally I had no idea Greg wasn't one of The Baldwins until now. I'm just messing it all up.

This clip is one I previously did after watching the new episode.

The only thing that isn't me is Scaramouche's voice as I clicked in a youtube clip in between.

I tried my best to nail down the first bit of the 'phone' portion I heard as best I could, but I was so focused on hitting that "who is this" that I mangled the rest and another user heard and called me out on the "like mojo behind aku" sound.

Being able to find the precise tone isn't a hard thing to do. Memorizing the pitch and learning to maintain the vocal range of a particular character just takes a bit of time. Roughly 30 to 40 full hours of practice.

I don't have any knowledge of how long it takes pros to pull it off, but I'm guessing (maybe?) more seasoned vets could manage this in possibly just an hour or two of practice.

Besides, imitation is just a sincere form of flattery, but being able to bring your own strengths to the performance to add to the character should be what counts the most. I could try to imitate Mako as much as I like, but thn people would only be satisfied with retreading of exact lines and no experimentation outside of that confort zone due to being aware of the VA's passing. I felt the same way about the passing of the passing of Heihachi's VA.

I love your approach.

>"aku environment" hum

WHERE CAN ONE FIND THIS

I NEED IT FOR REASONS

In the beginning of S1E1

Oh

I had hoped there exists a separate sound file of it somewhere

>I am Aku the Shapeshi- Look I can't do this now just, just fight my kids or something foolish samurai

You know what you could do to step up your game even more if you wanted? Add those creaky wood noises to your recordings where Aku would make a showy gesture. Quiet fire noises for his brows might be a step too far, however.

there's an aku user? any samples?

Oops, nevermind.
Yeah, I'm sorry bud, but that doesn't even come close.

We need to bring back voice threads. I'd love to do even the most amateur of VAing

>sci-fi samurai
Star Wars isn't even sci-fi, man

WHO THE FUCK HAD SEX WITH AKU?!?!
HOW THE FUCK DO YOU HAVE SEX WITH AKU?!?!

sorry, sci-fantasy, then

I wonder

He has been known to shape shift.

Only fantasy
Star Wars doesn't have science, unlike Star Trek

Well he knocked up Azula/GreyDeLisle
As to how
>shapeshifting master of darkness
>shapeshifts into a dick
>shoves his entire body into her

So he masturbated himself some kids?

He can turn into anything even men. He turned into a guy fucked bitches and they got pregnant. Do you need Sup Forums to wipe your ass while we're at it.

>Well he knocked up Azula/GreyDeLisle
Are we sure Grey DeLisle isn't Aku?

Maybe they're the daughters of some unknown shmock and say they were Aku's, the lady might be insane for all we know

Well Aku was a woman before but he sounded different.

Is this really gonna be the final season of Samurai Jack? I'm not ready for this fucking ride. Episode 1 was too fucking good.

How many episodes are left?

9 more user.

Buckle up because it's a wild ride. Episode 2 Jack vs Aku's daughters

I'm expecting Aku to have no idea about the daughters of Aku and their crazy fan girl mother.
>" we are the daughters of Aku!"
>" my whaaaaaaat??!"

So? He's taken plenty of forms he usually has a different voice each time

>bitches about not being worshipped enough
>is oblivious to those that actually worship him

What an ass

He is pure evil, after all. All part of his plan.

I keep forgetting to post the links I create.

When I said "this clip is a previous one I did", I meant this link in this post.[spoiler/]
vocaroo.com/i/s1MOr7bDjprw

I thought he did an amazing job with Iroh and realized Mako was replaced only when they addressed it within the show.

I'm also vouching for him. Especially when I saw the Samurai Jack Q&A with Tartakovsky and his wife when he had brought Mako's daughter and Grandson toa voice session of Greg's Aku and even they had approved of him. especially with the daughter shedding a tear from what Genndy said.

It's just E3-E2 on synths
soundcloud.com/delivererofdarkness/akus-theme

Checked for truth, I agree.
I was caught a little off guard at first, because I didn't expect Aku to answer the phone. But the "WHO IS THIS" is on point.

what better way to be evil than to demand something, then forget about it after it's done.

>"here you go, great lord aku! We have constructed this great tower as you requested of us! several of our greatest died in its creation, but we hope it is to your liking"
>"oh right, I asked you to make a tower. I completely forgot. Whatever."

>"Hmm, right, the tower. Yes......"
>gives it a half-assed inspection
>(flatly) "I want another one of these one orbit from now."
>"Yes, Lord."
>Aku immediately shifts his focus to something else

Sounds someone needs to wipe the spit off their mic.

That's not entirely out of the realm of possibility.
From this Saturday's episode, we can tell Aku's psyche is veritably splintered; He is literally his own therapist attempting to reason himself back to health. It is conceivable to suggest the cult leader might be a lesser aspect of Aku- more specifically, his dominant side that wants to return him to his former glory. Some kind of overarching therapy subplot...

>Iroh meets Aku
What happens?

Iroh is aku

It sounds like Bane doing aku

On the topic of Aku's voice, I'm currently marathoning Samurai Jack for the first time. About halfway through Jack versus Aku. Why wasn't the whole show this good? The exchanges in the beginning were golden.

How about we give him more than 2 sentences before deciding?

Budget constraints meant most episodes had to be padded with a whole lotta nothing.

I hate when everyone lies and says, "Oh man you can never replace Mako but we got somebody who is as close as we are going to get".

But then you hear Aku on that phone and it just sounds like a generic old man voice.

Its just lazy casting. I guarantee you if they did an open call to anyone on the internet who can do a good Mako impression you would probably find a decent enough pool to find someone better than Greg Baldwin.