AQUAMAN DELAYED TO CHRISTMAS 2018

variety.com/2017/film/box-office/aquaman-1202010406/

DC WINS AGAIN

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/6E5m_XtCX3c
youtube.com/watch?v=7GGBVv3Cty8
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

So they're sliding into the Christmas time when there's no Star Wars movie. Neat.

Disney will put a Star Wars movie there. Warner will be forced to move.

Yeah, because Disney cares more about the competence than about releasing the SW movie. Try again, shill.

If there is, they'd have to start working on it now. So there's nothing coming. There's a Han Solo film in 2018, but that's in the start of the summer. Episode 8 is December of this year and Episode 9 is 2019. It's a good move to slot Aquaman at thus time since it's open. They'll make more money here than the previous date.

This. The reason Han Solo comes out in May is because they're going to do two a year

Soon Disney will dominate every month even more than they do now

Why is Han Solo in the summer?
Disney has to have something for that winter slot, the plan they had was a SW every December for the next like 4 years at least

coming out the same day as the animated Miles movie
is Marvel finished?

Disney can move Han Solo to Christmas if they want. Mouse takes no prisoners

Thanks for the Gmail account.

>next like 4 years
for the next eternity

Here's your cent. Don't spend it too soon, Ike might want it back.

I would laugh my ass off if the animated Miles movie makes more than this

Aquaman should have cast a better lead

Christ.

Enjoy your worthless oscar it'll be all you have left when we take your March record this weekend

>We

What is wrong with you people and your console wars

Christmas is a good time to get the family audience but I'm not sure if families want a grity and murky fishman movie in the holidays.
Fucking Christ they really are going to flood the whole industry with mediocre and lackluster blockbuster crap.

Chris Evans laughing.webm

>we
Holy shit. Either the shill meme is real or this is just a really, really sad case of someone basing their life and identity on the fortunes of a soulless conglomerate. Regardless LOL.

I wonder what's getting fast tracked or is WB about to go full and total rebirth after JL

>going to

>we
Disney only cares about your money, user. You're not really part of the team.

It's called "cold feet".

Probably a good idea, bu that leaves the rest of 2018 empty, doesn't it?

I don't think they will reboot, but I can see them using Justice League to end the current Darkseid story and set up something else through the solo movies.

Hopefully not involving Snyder.

All will be forgiven if this is the credits song:
youtu.be/6E5m_XtCX3c

Or maybe he's trolling your dumb ass

>Obvious slip from some pathetic loser self-identifying with a business company.
>I-it's trolling, guys. R-really.
What other companies do you project your pitiful life victories on, man? Apple?

DC

Full Reboot is coming!!!

Thanks

Sure sounds like they are coming to a head to decide whether or not to continue the DCEU depending on the reception of WW and JL.

>I'm not sure if families want a grity and murky fishman movie in the holidays.
Well, would you think releasing a gritty pulpy double feature on Easter weekend would be a good plan for success?

Never gonna happen

After JL you're never going to see another DC movie again

Not gonna see it; don't care.

I gave up on the DCEU with BvS.

>we
I never knew two letters could explain so much about the average Disney shill.

who gives a shit about this flick

I have a really, really bad feeling about Justice League considering how little we've heard about it.

That could have something to do with the fact that just about nobody is looking forward to seeing it, but I can't shake this sinking feeling that WB is trying to hide something from us.

The DC cinematic universe is fucking hot garbage.
The really should scrap this shit for the next decade and hope the stink has worn off by then.

I think part of it is that last year, BvS was being hyped and promoted for months leading up to it. That's unusual for a movie to get THAT much promotion so early -- promotion for Civil War didn't start to ramp up until a couple months before, around the Super Bowl. Heavy GotG2 promotion is just now starting to spin up.

With how that blew up in their face, I can see them taking a more reserved approach with Justice League. Plus it would look weird if they promoted JL hard right now considering WW comes out first.

Bullshit. I'm hyped as fuck for it. I'm digging Snyder's Superman saga and am looking forward to seeing the third part in Justice League

The reason why they're probably waiting to release a trailer is because of Wonder Woman. I imagine we'll see a Justice League trailer a month to a few weeks before Wonder Woman comes out so some of the hype for Justice League carries over to Wonder Woman.

They would need at least two decades and to have the rights sold to a company that has made at least one good movie in the entire time they've existed to even come close to getting people to see another DC movie

And even then it would be a flop

You make a good point. When BvS finally came out, it felt like "Damn, this took forever", which compounded how shit it was.

Well, people with taste as shit as yours are the tiny minority.

And The Flash STILL has no director

>I'm hyped as fuck for it.
I am too, bro.

Not true.
Batman and Robin killed comic movies until X-Men came out and redeemed them.
Of course DC comic movies didn't get redeemed until Batman Begins and that was close to a decade after Batman and Robin

>getting cold feet again
oh boy

That's ok, it has no script either.

And these are at least twice as bad as Batman and Robin and there's about to be 5 of them

Shit forget two decades it's going to take a fucking century

I just...knew what t was gonna be but I still love it

This is DC continuing to be cowards, this isn't neat. They should have stood their ground against BvS vs Captain America 3. Now they're running yet again.

Batman and Robin killed comic movies for like a year then blade came out, and X-men only 2 years later

Was Blade even advertised as a comic movie?
I doubt most people realized that.
Regardless, DC movies were dead for about a decade

I want a good Aquaman movie
Why can't WB get their shit together?

Has it occurred to any of you how unlikely it is that any of these movies outside of maybe Affleck's Batman will be good?

It's not like WB needs them to be good for their financial stability, at least not as far as they're concerned. As long as there's some decent action, they'll make money from stupid people and the Chinese market who couldn't give less of a fuck about plot, characters, dialogue etc.

Even if they didn't make money, WB has Fantastic Beasts and that Kaijuverse thing which appears to be shaping up pretty nicely. DC Films doesn't have a story group steering the ship or even just keeping it from crashing and burning like Marvel does. They have Geoff but not even he can reign in Snyder.

So if any of these are any good, it'll be a happy accident.

>outside of maybe Affleck's Batman will be good?
That won't be good.

and the Batman now has no script either
hell is that Harley Quin movie the only thing making progress?

>Affleck's Batman
>good

el o el

So are they really not gonna release anything in 2018 except Aquaman in December?

That seems like a weird choice, waiting 13 months between movies.

>hey have Geoff
Geoff is a yes man who was appointed to placate comic fanboys, he has no actual power.

Suicide Squad 2 is making some progress, apparently they just hired the screenwriter for Legend of Tarzan to do it.

Just shut up and enjoy the small DC free time we have

I mean haven't we suffered enough?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

>Why is Han Solo in the summer?
5/25 is the anniversary date for Star Wars.

>Disney will move a Hand Solo movie out of the Star Wars anniversary date for a pointless shitflinging fest that only the worst fanboys care about.
Right... Disney fans, everyone.

Yeah I'm not bummed about it, what they did so far is not my thing.

I just find it weird from a business perspective. How the hell did they manage to mishandle the production of these movies so bad? Announcing a movie slate and then losing directors and pushing everything back constantly. I can understand it happening for one movie, but it seems to happen with all of them now.

Man, what a stupid move. Typical WB.

>a month before Fantastic Beasts 2, when the last film wasn't that good but had crazy legs

>directly competing with Mary Poppins Returns, Ultimate Spider-Man, possibly Han Solo, and How The Grinch Stole Christmas

It should be moved UP, not back. Especially when that's going to be your ONLY DAMN DC MOVIE NEXT YEAR.

Yes that's right everyone is a Disney fan

Sorry you're all alone and stuck with this pile of shit

You're the "we" guy, aren't you?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Mah man. DChads know what's up.

The MonsterVerse hasn't taken off yet. Godzilla did okay, Kong had really low projections it was able to beat but won't make more than 400 million WW, barely breaking even.

Plus, honestly, if Kong is the direction they're going to take the rest of the series, I'm not looking forward to it.

>Burn Mother Fucker Burn
I guess Snyder still has the teenager audience at least.

"DChads" that WB has been fucking over for the past year and a half? "DChads" who have yet to get a real trailer for JUST-ass League?

Fantastic Beasts was a good movie though, aside the hackneyed twist with Johnny Depp.

Bad idea, should've pushed it to December 1st or something.

No it wasn't it's shit like everything WB makes

please watch our movies

>That seems like a weird choice, waiting 13 months between movies.
They're gearing up for the JL fallout

>when the last film wasn't that good but had crazy legs
Hey, I liked Fantastic Beasts. It was pretty great

>Aquaman is goint to be destroyed by Mary Fucking Poppins

>Watches the posts roll in as the IP count doesn't change.
I've never seen one Disneyshill so triggered.

>Up against a Star Wars movie

yeah DC wins again, wins another Razzy by that

jk, this is literally the only DCEU movie I'm hyped for because James Wan is a great director and the Han Solo film is something I'm going to avoid seeing with my life

Fuck you nigga, it was a spin-off that expanded lore in all the right ways. I was expecting Force Awakens level of mediocrity or Cursed Child level of retardation but what we got was a fun self contained story that expanded upon the original source material in a good way.

Except Johnny Depp, that was retarded.

Oh wait I'm the retard who doesn't know the Han Solo film got pushed forwards disregard any and all references to SW in this post

>Aquaman is goint to be destroyed by Mary Fucking Poppins

>DCHADS GONNA FREAK

>82 replies
>40 original IP's
>YOU CAN ONLY POST ONCE ON Sup Forums STOP POSTING

Han Solo is being done by the Lego Movie directors. They're pretty good at turning awful ideas into great films.

Also they did the original spec script for The Flash.

>implying they won't blame it on le mouseketeers

Literally SJW tiers of delusion

kek

>gave up when they released the best movie
Yeah I'm sure.

When one shill posts 50+ times to make a movie look bad, it's pretty sad.

>stop_disliking_what_i_like.ang

Don't need shills to make DC movies look bad, they do that on their own

Looks like you misspelled "good," friend.

DC has done more damage to their own brand than any shill could possibly have dreamed of. Hell, Disney should be giving them a stippand for doing so much to advertise their films by "competing."

>Aquaman
>Christmas

Man, I pity the Marketing Team.

youtube.com/watch?v=7GGBVv3Cty8

Then why superman outsold all marvel properties last year outside Spiderman?

Johns leadership and work with WB does kills any hype tho

>Then why superman outsold all marvel properties last year outside Spiderman?

Why, why, why do you guys even try? DClusionals have proven again and again they're willing to shoot to the stars to paint themselves as the victim and that any type of valid critiscism you give them they won't argue and just call you a cuck or a shill or a mouseketeer.

It will be a miracle if he doesn't tag us all and say samefag or some dumb shit

>Then why superman outsold all marvel properties last year outside Spiderman?
He obviously didn't outsell every Marvel property if Spiderman is beating him. Besides, everyone knows that DC only gives a shit about Batman, which is why Batman got top billing in his first appearance within the DCEU.

That's even assuming that what you're saying isn't wrong or hyperbole in the first place.