Do you like Captains by Spencer Sup Forums?

I liked Sam Cap

IMO, good ideas, bad execution. I find both books terribly boring and slow.
The first 6 issues of Remender's Sam Cap were endlessly better. The fact he cut relationships with marvel and all his plots and characters where thrown to the wind is pretty sad.

I stopped after the remender secret wars mini
did they ever use his adopted son again

Hydra Cap is the best ongoing from the big 2 right now. Retards feel free to meme reply but it won't change the truth.

Where is that picture from?

That said, Spencer's Cap books suffer from immense pacing problems and Sam!Cap lost anything resembling plot and thematic coherence a while a ago. He also overdoes it with the monologuing and recapping on both books.

>werewolf Cap
Why have to remind me

Yes. SamCap kinda petered out a bit after Standoff, but I liked some stuff about it. Captain Hydra has been the only Marvel book able to get me genuinely excited to read the next issue besides Ultimates/Ultimates^2 from Marvel for the past year. It's a lot of mostly build-up, but frankly, I enjoy the build-up and politicking. Same reason I liked Hickman's New Avengers.

Overall, everything kinda hinges on Secret Empire but I'd still put it over Remender's run.

It's the last two issues of Sam and Steve's books before Secret Empire.

They made the white, blonde hair, blued eyes character a Nazi
They're just continuing with their white devil agenda

HYDRA =/= Nazi.

>>hydra cap is a nazi

Both are snail-paced and boring, but at least HydraCap has a direction, while Sam Cap doesn't.

Doesn't lick Deathstroke's boots.

Where did you get the coloured version of it? I only saw the black and white one before.

Spencer should have left Sam!Cap to another writer after Standoff and taken over Thunderbolts instead.

It's an metaphor

It's funny watching low-effort trolls pretend to like Hydracap because they know it upsets people.

Between spencer and whedon, we've had all the numale, liberal self-hate that these characters can handle.

>Be Spencer
>have an idea for the EDGIEST FANFIC EVER that you've been carrying around since your Limp Biskit phase in 8th grade.

>"Hey you guys, you know how Cap hates Nazis? Well what if Cap...WAS Nazis."

>Work for a company that cares more about generating clickbait headlines than actual stories

>They approve it

>Sup Forums, reddit, and half of Sup Forums love it because it pisses off SJW's

>But none of them actually read it.

I'm sorry to hear about your terminal shit taste.

I don't doubt that some people like it (it is not really bad written, after all), but the "I-it's the best ongoing right now REEEEE" is just being contrarian.

Hydra Cap has a huge problem that turns me off: it combines a fucking lot of writing with very little progress plot-wise. No book with this kind of flaw can be the best.

>make up shit about Sup Forums loving it
>be an expert on what Reddit likes

Maybe you should go back there?

The CW2: The Oath flash forward to the US under Hydra Cap shows concentration camps, obviously Nuremburg influenced rallies and other imagrey designed to bring the Nazi's to mind.

He might not have started the story as one, but alongside the reveal he actively helped the German war effort in WW2 its clear Spencer wants the reader to associate Cap and HYDRA with them.

>Hydra Cap has a huge problem that turns me off: it combines a fucking lot of writing with very little progress plot-wise. No book with this kind of flaw can be the best.

This. The book is building to something but it's doing it at a glacial pace. And yet the characters still feel weirdly underdeveloped which is weird because Spencer can do good character writing but I think it's suffering from his desire to deliver profound political commentary.

No. He never existed.

how come no one has made a shield that can also serve as a jet powered hang-glider?

Honestly, I enjoy both books for what they are. Mainly I enjoy the idea of a hero trying and failing to do good, but not giving up and an incredibly comptent villain manipulating everything from the shadows.

Suprisingly, Spencer manages to make both characters enduring in their own ways. Sam mainly as a guy who isn't as good as Steve or has the influence, but none the less is still trying. Captain Hydra is probably one of my favorite villains in the Big 2 and the Oath pretty much cemented that how great a villain he was with that monologue and the scenes he shared with the rest of the hero community.