Characters with incomprehensible stories

Thundra's entire deal has been through so many retcons, alternate versions of the characters, sponatenous re-appearances of her home setting, no one knows what did and dint happen to which versions of Thundra at what times at all.

Other urls found in this thread:

writeups.org/thundra-marvel-comics-fantastic-4/
youtu.be/cIS1sp-HKAM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Hers doesn't top Wonder Girl's

writeups.org/thundra-marvel-comics-fantastic-4/
it tops Wonder Girl's

cheater

that's cheating

is she still invisible to symbiotes?

who knows?

>finishes reading
No, it doesn't

whats the deal with Wonder Girl

So why did every new writer invent an all new origin for Donna in the 90's anyway? What was wrong with just letting things be and making a current year story?

Yes it does, Wonder Girl actually had explanations for what happened, Thundra just had giant unexplained retcons left and right for decades and decades

Oh boy, an excuse to post this.

She was a continuity error from the very beginning, since the original Wonder Girl was just Teenage Diana.

youtu.be/cIS1sp-HKAM
A fag explains her origin.

is that bad if I liked Lobdell's Teen Titans a lot?

No amount of rewrites and retcons will make Carter's origin any less fucked.

DC just needs to quit it already. He's a guy with wings and he hits shit with a mace:the end.

The Legion have been through the ringer when it comes to rewriting origins, having gone through at least four or five major reboots to date and sometimes bringing back elements from previous versions, sometimes not, sometimes being totally different, to the point that even the Legionnaires themselves just plain don't know who or how or why or what the fuck.

There's been plenty of time altering chicanery, alternate universes, pocket dimensions, clones, future versions acting alongside past versions, retcons galore and a ton of other stuff that, even as a dedicated Legion fan, I can freely admit is more than a little head-spinning at times.

It's not impossible to follow, but it is challenging.

I feel like it's not really bad (or not any worse than most characters who have existed for over 50 years) if you focus on each individual character but becomes confusing due to the fact that there are so many of them on the team. Like even Mon-El isn't that bad and he's probably been retconned the most.

can I have a rundown on Mon-El?

Red pill me on Kang The Conqueror.

They already did in nu 52.

What's to redpill? He's iron lad but with like 8 incoherent time paradoxes unless he got retconned some time i forgot about

At least with Kang, he works with the time parodoxes. He made his own council of Kangs consisting of time paradox Kangs.

Originally crash lands on Earth, loses his memory, hangs out with Clark for a bit, gets infected by lead, regains his memory, has to get sent into the phantom zone, gets pulled out 1000 years later in Legion stuff and given a cure.

Next is probably the most complicated part but it involves a lot of bullshit dealing with attempting to erase the pocket dimension Superboy retcon by basically replacing Superboy in the Legion's continuity with Mon-El. Anyway he has some present day adventures (including being part of Vril Dox's L.E.G.I.O.N.) before the phantom zone stuff, leads to him settling planets and becoming a relevant historic figure. The Zero Hour LoSH reboot basically kept that part and got rid of the confusing circumstances related to the retcon.

Post-Infinite Crisis the original story is returned but he gets pulled out for a little while and spends some time on Earth as Superman while Clark is off on New Krypton. Also does the seeding planets thing near the end.

That's about it.

So what is his new one gonna be?

Probably just the classic origin again maybe with some present day adventures if they want. Both Superbro and Superdad had Legion adventures in their histories so it should be fine.

To make things even crazier, the original Wonder Girl was wiped out of canon by her creator, Robert Kanigher at the end of his run. The way he did it was like something out of Animal Man too.

>Wonder Girl

Wouldn't it be easier to just have her as Diana's adoptive teenage daughter/protege and leave it at that?

That's not really that complicated.