So what was the story behind this?

youtube.com/watch?v=7Fxls1XrcJc

It was a scam, I heard.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=H5ug4ePqALs
ksr-video.imgix.net/assets/001/685/173/b2a5646f1d80c722560f500470386fcc_h264_high.mp4
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Fuck off, shill. No one fell for it when you were poorly trying to hide the fact that it was a scam. No one is going to fall for it now that you're openly admitting it's a scam.

A lot of people got pissed because the voice actress who did Meowth was trans and the person voicing the trans girl kept denying that or saying it didn't count.

Cartoon scams thread?

Anybody remember when Legends of Oz was getting dozens of glowing reviews and every single one of them was an investor desperately trying to save the project to get even a small portion of their money back? That was fun times.

>Cartoon scams thread

Obligatory! How will Doug Walker react when he discover that the only time that one of the his heroes ever payed attention to him was to ask for help promoting a fake project?

Elaborate.

Looks like those Philips CD-I animations.

For real? That's real low.

G rated Sausage Party

Foodfight wasn't a scam, it was a project scraped back together after most of the work had been stolen with a laptop.

Back up your fucking data

>kept denying that or saying it didn't count.
Maddie Blaustein did better work than this fucking adam's apple-having freak ever will for the rest of his life.

Back in 2014 Don Bluth started a kickstarter for $550,000 to develop a pitch for a movie based on Dragon’s Lair. All the production was so gorilla mode and poor that they used a Doug Walker video to promote it. As you expect, the project was funded already in the first weeks

youtube.com/watch?v=H5ug4ePqALs

In the last minutes before the pools reaching the price, Don went full jew and changed the price for $250,000. The project was kicked from Kickstarter because this was against the rules, so he moved all the project to IndieGogo and never more updated about it.

Or is that just what they want you to think?

Sorry, i meant to say that he asked for more $250,000.

He couldn't have just added a stretch goal?

I don't understand. If the kickstarter met its goal, how would lowering the goal save money? He already met the goal, didn't he?

Not the user you're responding to but:
>Don Bluth made an appearance on Nostalgia Critic and Doug plugged his kickstarter for his new Double Dragon game with the intention of making a new movie or show, can't remember exactly. Was written off as a scam due to the fact Bluth hasn't made a good anything in twenty years and no studio would finance his project

He's trying to say that Bluth asked for another additional $250,000.

either way it did get released unlike everything else in the thread

>the voice actress who did Meowth was trans
That's disgusting. Little kids fucking watch Pokemon. They don't need to be hearing that shit.

It was the 4Kids version and she died like over 10 years ago.

It's kinda the same. Instead of spadinner and gay luigi you have forced tranny jokes, token characters and... Just gay

Did little kids not watch Pokemon back then? Are kids never going to see those episodes again or did they rerecord them?

Which means most of us were the little kids hearing it.
Really makes ya' think hmm?

She wasn't working the cartoon anymore at the time.

And fuck you, VA's have their own lifes like any other actor and they work on more than just one thing

>Are kids never going to see those episodes again
Not unless their nostalgic parents buy the older movies or the Indigo box set. Sometimes Cartoon Network would marathon old episodes when a new game was released (Johto Journeys when HeartGold/Soul Silver came out, for instance,) but I sincerely doubt Disney XD will. They have the Indigo season on the Disney XD app, though.

I didn't understand this post at all. At what time? What else was he working on that you felt the need to bring up the fact that people can work on multiple projects at the same time?
Well, that's good at least.

>tfw you weren't able to save our voice actors

Legends of Oz was released. It's on Netflix, and its crap. It just obviously didn't use all of the money the investors put in to make it while the producers ran off with their cash.

ksr-video.imgix.net/assets/001/685/173/b2a5646f1d80c722560f500470386fcc_h264_high.mp4

I hope you die soon, you edgy wannabe piece of shit.

Remember when someone tried to make a cartoon out of a meme?
Remember how a quarter of the profits was going to merchandising rather then the actual cartoon?
Remember how despite getting funded thousands of dollars not a single word of this development has been heard for two years?

Because I remember.
I remember laughing at all the idiots that fell for it.

Because I couldn't decipher your poorly written post? Gee, that's a bit extreme. I didn't realize it was some important code that my life depended upon.

What the shithead tumblrita is trying to say was that the VA didn't come out as trans until long after he stopped acting in the anime.

Did the thing ever recover or are they still trying to find a sugar mama or daddy?

Oh okay. Now this brings us to the original problem here and it really sounds like it doesn't count since he was just a guy at the time of the recording.

I don't understand what book was it? Pennyroyal Academy?

Nobody actually got pissed. It's the transgender community trying to rewrite history to seem like they've been victims of oppression since the beginning of time when in actuality the rest of the world couldn't give less of a shit about them in any sort of way.

I remember when this first became a thing, the officer herself thought it was sweet and liked it.

Then it got out of hand.

Well, to be fair Maddie Blaustein wasn't trans. She was genuine intersex i.e. "Congratulations Mrs. Blaustein! It's a...um...that's not what it's supposed to look like...let's say 'boy' for now."

Hardly comparable to trannies really.

Even if you think the image and filename is unrelated to the link, he zooms right in on the cover and title of the book.

Oh, I didn't know that comic ever made a book.

I mean, that's not true, but okay.

Right. It's not true that they're victims of oppression.

Well, that's fair. Very few copies were actually delivered, after all.

bait

>minority that was never oppressed
top kek

Nah man, read the thread. We've already had a thoughtful discussion on the subject.

>implying a minority that is less than 1% of the population could ever be relevant enough to be oppressed

And no, mean comments on the internet do not count as oppression.

I was more saying that if you want to get technical with things, Trans people aren't really free of not being oppressed or whatever since in the past, any hint of homosexuality got you a decent beating or death and in some places it still does. Even in America, we're still trying to figure out what room they should piss in.

>Even in America, we're still trying to figure out what room they should piss in.
No, THEY are.

They need to piss in the room made for whatever's between their fucking legs.

>Even in America, we're still trying to figure out what room they should piss in.

People actually fell for this drek? Oh, how rich!

Nobody cared what bathrooms you were pissing in two years ago, user. Stop falling for fabricated controversy.

>Killing people for being trans isn't oppression

Lol.

>2017
>dying for being a tranny anywhere in the developed world for reasons other than you killing yourself because deep down inside you know you aren't natural

>Nobody cared what bathrooms you were pissing in two years ago, user.
You wish people were that apathetic, user. Sure would make life a lot easier if everyone was as hands-off as you think you are so nobody has to feel bad about making anyone else feel bad.

>mean comments on the internet is murder
Yeah okay user.

And killing females in video games is rape.

When has this happened in modern times?

That's like niggers calling police "the white oppressors" because of shit that didn't even happen to their fucking grandparents.

I mean, yeah. No one cared until suddenly they did.

>(You)

Nice projection, but I'm not transsexual.

I lived in the bible belt all my life until I left for college. I was able to watch as my community grew to be more progressive and accepting towards gays and trannies over time. But they're still shat on for no reason other than because they're white and Christian. I think white Christians are as demonized as the transgender community thinks they themselves are.

I'm sure there are small towns in the midwest that still hate trans people (and gays by relation), but if you really think they're so oppressed that they're not allowed to use whatever bathrooms they want, then I'm strongly inclined to believe you've never left your house and you base your view on society solely by isolated news stories of psychopaths going on killing sprees.

Take this shit to Sup Forums

I liked the art and stuff but no way in hell was I gonna give it money.