How can we save the fantastic four?

How can we save the fantastic four?

Kill Ike Perlmutter.

I really wish I could come up with a better idea.

It has no business being a movie, absolutely works as a cartoon or mini series.

And doing that is the way to save the book, finding an external audience for it to bring the book back.

>Kill an immortal jew demigod
Yeah, sure.

Leave them to me, because hey, how bad can it be?

>demigod
Oh come on, user. Let's not use hyperbole here. He's an immortal jew-reptilian crossbreed, former Mossad Spy/Assassin, and third highest shareholder of one of the most powerful media conglomerates in the world. He's also best friends with The President and a member of his Shadow Council.

So I hope you understand, there is no stopping him. All hope lies in him wanting to promote the FF of his own free will, which would only happen if they got the rights back without him having to spend a penny of Marvel's money to get it.

>which would only happen if they got the rights back without him having to spend a penny of Marvel's money to get it.

It might actually happen.

Leave them be. No one screams "How do we save Sherlock Holmes stories?". They tried to continue, others wrote stories and after so many years, they just gave up and no other stories were produced (safe for really small-time writer ones who abuse the fact that the character is copyright free).

Sometimes fiction runs its course and must be left to the side so that other fiction may take its place.

Fox isn't going to just let the rights revert. If they don't think Marvel will pay, they'll just make another movie to prolong the rights. Their best hope is Marvel Studios paying the bill and I don't think Feige has much interest in the F4.

>abuse the fact that the character is copyright free
>abuse

You're the worst kind of person.

>No one screams "How do we save Sherlock Holmes stories?".

That's because they already have the TV show that's currently in it's fourth season.

Its quality is debatable, but it's surviving. Who's to say the Fantastic Four can't do the same?

I meant it in the way that small-time writers with no imagination publish Sherlock stories to get easy sales while they have no imagination of their own. They're abusing a well known character to get easy sales while doing little input of their own.

Wait ten years and then start a cartoon.

But FOX will further poison the brand with another shitty movie before then...

Holy shit sorry for the horrible English; went for a cup of coffee mid-reply and ended up writing a mess.

But the Fantastic Four aren't gone because they were failing. Even at their lowest point, they were still selling respectably. They went from having two books and selling at the top of the charts, even beating out Batman in a couple of the months, to having two books and selling decently despite one of those two being shit, to only having one book which still sold decently well up to its final issue, to not having anything. Over the course of 3 runs and ~5 years they went from top selling property to not existing despite never actually having their books hit cancellation numbers.

The F4 may not be the Avengers or the X-men or Spider-man, but they always had a fanbase that kept their books above the cancellation line.

Oh, I know this, believe me (I own all the Kirby, Byrne and Hickman omnis). However, sometimes there's no story to tell and seriously I don't know WHO I would trust with writing them atm.

I would rather prefer for a writer who seems to write good sci-fi to come and say he actively wants to write the FF than give it to someone who'll write whatever.

>I don't know WHO I would trust with writing them atm
Ewing seems born for the role, but we all know that if they came back, it'd be Bendis writing it.

I miss the F4

>Ewing
ZzZzZzZzZzZzZz

23 Fantastic Four 645 $5.99 Marvel 39,389

See, maybe it's cause I grew up reading one-off books rather than comics where there's always stories but I really believe them not having an ongoing right now is not that much of a disaster.

They have a billion great stories. Like with any book, you can revisit them at any time. Maybe more will be written in the future. For now? I'd rather avoid Bendis.

Wait until Marvel gets desperate enough. The great thing about DC's Rebirth is that it is creating competition for Marvel and forcing them to actually sell comics people want. That's how the X-men were saved (remember when there were no x-titles as part of marvel NOWer?). When more titles start to fail, they'll have to bring the F4 back. Because no matter what Brevoort says, the F4 sold well enough to keep around. Certainly better than Captain Marvel's millionth relaunch attempt.

If I want good one-off stories, then that's what I go outside the Big 2 for. The general appeal of the Big 2 properties is that it never really ends. It may not be good, but it'll always be there. I don't need a particularly notable or ground-breaking F4 book. Just something that I can spend 15-20 minutes on a month when I want to check in on the current adventures of the first family.

I really want them to come back
>remembers that Reed being smart was retconned into autism
>remembers those white costumes
>remembers that it was just the Valeria show
>remembers that Doom has lost all equity as a credible villain
>remembers that there is nobody at Marvel trustworthy to write the FF...except PAD but they keep him in a bubble for old times sake.

Nevermind...let them stay & I'll live with my memories of the runs I enjoyed.

Teen Titans Go show

its the only way to re introduce them to kiddies

they might comeback at the end of Secret Empire since it's a bunch of Cosmic Cube bullshit, and they'll need someone smart to put the genie back in the bottle.

>remembers that Reed being smart was retconned into autism

In an OGN that's likely not canon

>remembers those white costumes

That they ditched a long time ago.

Also, sorry you have bad taste in costumes

>remembers that it was just the Valeria show
Not really outside of FF

>remembers that Doom has lost all equity as a credible villain

Implying Doom is a villain

>remembers that there is nobody at Marvel trustworthy to write the FF

Except Ewing, Loveness, maaaaaaaybe Duggan and Thompson.

Hell, I'd even take Slott and Waid if it meant keeping the franchise out of Bendis' hands