Toonami Ratings for 3/11/17

These are bigtime late, thank Nielson for that.

One Piece is being cancelled. It's last episode airs this Saturday. It will be replaced by Tokyo Ghoul at 1am the following Saturday. Everything else moves down. World record didn't help ya, huh?

Sand Whale and Me starts this Saturday at 12am. Each episode is a 5 minute short so it's just being squeezed in, nothing else changes.

Adult Swim is funding two new 6 episode seasons of FLCL. Expected release 2018.

We finally made it, this was the first week of the new Samurai Jack. Everyone had high expectations for its performance and its effect it would have on the rest of the block, and while it didn't beat AgK, it was the number 2 show of all cable, only being beat by a basketball game. That's pretty solid. The rest of the block though went all to shit. Kai fell under a million, Jojo plummeted to the 600k range, and everything stayed around that level of shit. Thank DST for that weird up and down.

11:00 Samurai Jack 1552 0.76 973
11:30 Dragon Ball Super 1251 0.57 733
12:00a Dragon Ball Z Kai: The Final Chapters 903 0.42 542
12:30a JoJo’s Bizarre Adventure 672 0.32 405
1:00a Mobile Suit Gundam Unicorn 569 0.26 339

1:30a Hunter X Hunter 569 0.26 337
3:00a Naruto: Shippuden 674 0.30 379
3:30a One Piece 657 0.28 364
4:00a Ghost in the Shell (r) 602 0.26 334

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/RichardEpcar/status/842511677526495232
tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/daily-ratings/saturday-cable-ratings-march-11-2017/
m.imgur.com/a/eQJiV
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Don't get to say this often, Family Guy btfo

8:00 Dragon Ball Super 0.51 865 0.28 000
8:30 American Dad (r) 0.47 721 0.27 000
9:00 Rick & Morty (r) 0.50 760 0.31 000
9:30 Rick & Morty (r) 0.57 873 0.35 000

10:00 Family Guy (r) 0.79 1264 0.56 000
10:30 Family Guy (r) 0.91 1468 0.66 000

gundam isn't doing well, neither is HxH

>Tokyo Ghoul at 1am
And the TV will be muted.

Short reruns from DST

4:30a American Dad (r) 617 0.28 360

5:00a King of the Hill (r) 657 0.30 387
5:30a King of the Hill (r) 598 0.26 339

Best

So what the hell happened with the ratings crash? And Tokyo Ghoul replacing One Piece? Is this for real?

>more people want to watch Ghost in the Shell that's aired for years at 4am then HxH

huh. who knew that people would only watch samurai jack and nothing else?
except...everyone.

can`t wait for toonami to eventually marathon the new samurai jack and get the most viewership in the history of toonami

Ghost in the Shell is good tho
unlike HxH past the first few arcs anyway

Tokyo Ghoul is okay. They should've kept with the manga ordering.

Re: is shit though after the 1st arc.

Odd drop from Jojo to HxH compared to last week IIRC

>funding a new season of Fooly Cooly
>New samurai Jack episodes

is cartoon network having their version of a midlife crises? Will we get a new season of Courage the Cowardly Dog out of it?

In one hour it's officially Toonami's 20th anniversary!

>Will we get a new season of Courage the Cowardly Dog out of it?
Didn't the creator of Courage try to get another seasons/reboot through with a CGI short a few years ago?

I would wager that drop in the middle and gain towards the end is a calculation error caused by DST. The real concern is the ratings nosedive starting at Jojo

>is cartoon network having their version of a midlife crises?
Not Cartoon Network, Adult Swim and CN are two different channels that are run at different times. [as] isn't beholden to CN and is pretty independent when it comes to their own autonomy and decision-making.

>calculation error caused by DST
I forgot entirely about DST. Seems like a reasonable explanation honestly.

Calling it now,Spider-Man for the April Fools day joke.

Someone red pill me on Tokyo Ghoul. The concept sounds great but anime fans either love it or despise it

Toonami related April Fools joke won't be till next year. This year AS has to make up for that pitiful attempt at humor from last year

>Samurai Jack becomes a massive success and Adult Swim ends up rebooting every show we grew up with in the 90's-00's
>Galactic Kids Next Door
>Symbionic Titan season 2
>Genndy directed Dexter's Lab Season 4
>Mission Hill season 2
>Birdgirl Attorney at Law
>Courage The Cowardly Dog 2
>Swat Cats
>Megas XLR
>Starts a new golden age of animation
Mite b cool.

Nah, The April Fool's joke this year was cancelling One Piece.

>Courage The Cowardly Dog
>on Adult Swim

>Jack comes back
>ratings hit WWE numbers right after it

Good job nostalgia niggers you've effectively killed the block

Where is the One Piece Guinness World Record user now?

>Symbionic Titan
>Megas XLR
Can't legally happen.

Time to drop them too. I think it's about time for some spring cleaning for this block.

>Courage
>On Adult Swim

I don't think I could watch that, normal Courage episodes gave me fucking nightmares as a kid.

>>Galactic Kids Next Door
GKND sounded like the worst bullshit/edgy piece of crap show that was as far from the source material as it could be. I'm sorry.

How about CN/Adult Swim try and create new things instead of rebooting old classics?

T W E N T Y
W
E
N
T
Y

Y E A R S
E
A
R
S

These are genuinely the most bizarre ratings in months so I'm assuming DST had something to do with it. I expect Jack to get better ratings over the next few weeks as word of mouth spreads.

For what it's worth I saw a lot of people on my twitter feed who normally don't watch Toonami tweeting about Jack, I think my favorite was a roomful of Final Round casuals stopping to watch the show.

that "the joke is there no april fools day joke ahaha were so good watch rick and morty on our reddit stream"

That's why there was a drop off. People were only there for Jack.

The dropoff wasn't normal. Super's ratings were within the norm but the middle of the block collapsed. The lowest ratings Unicorn and HxH had gotten before were in the low 600s. Ratings went back to normal with Naruto, One Piece somehow managed to get great retention even, guess people turned out after hearing it was ending its run.

ahahah they spent money advertising on non-turner networks and couldnt crack 2m.

they got less viewers then alvin and the chimpunks rerun.

seven nights of adultswim when?

I wonder how it will work. I'm assuming Toonami will at least maintain 11:30, so will the joke hit mid block?

twitter.com/RichardEpcar/status/842511677526495232

Slowly but surely, the Stardust Crusaders dub is making progress.

>DBZ under a million
>HxH didn't lose anyone from Gundam
>people came back for Naruto
It's like opposite day. Also, why the hell are people saying Naruto will be the next to go when this shit happens every other month? Isn't it on a really shitty filler arc now?

The west actually likes Naruto, unlike Rubberman and his band of circus freaks.

GKND was the logic sequel after the last season really

And the last season was the absolute fucking worst shit. I want to go back in time and make sure it never existed. End it at the previous season. Don't give a single shit if it leaves things open, every single part of the last season was awful and the very last episode was Warburton taking off his pants and shitting on the audience.
Not even the person you're replying to.

I genuinely don't understand how we are still using the rating system when the demographics advertisers are most interested in are mostly watching online.

>the normies don't give a shit about Buu Kai, considered the best part by DBZfags
>the normies don't care about Super anymore and fuck off before the actual unique plot starts after adapting the two movies, in fact losing interest before BoG's adaptation ends
>the normies don't care about Jojo anymore because, depending on how normie they are, Le Dio maymay they loved so much is gone, or the "Trump" character they hated so much actually won, and they can't get into Worst Jojo Joseph because he's not as much of a meme in the dub
This is just BTFOing every single established weebbase on Sup Forums, except maybe Sup Forumsjojo who rightfully hate Joseph.

>buu saga
>considered the best part by DBZfags

typically when you make a post you don't want to open with the most blatant of your horse shit

It isn't?
I thought it was, since Freiza Saga is mediocre and Cell Saga is ass.

>dropoff from some other show to DBZ

How's it taste fucker! Shoe's on the other foot now!

The only thing mediocre about the Freeza arc was the strange power scaling and the only thing shitty about the Cell arc was the poor pacing (which wasn't toriyama's fault), both of which Buu saga suffers from far worse.

Because with OP gone Naruto is now the lowest rated show on the block. As a bonus it has 500 episodes we will never get to even if it stays

Funimation made a huge mistake deciding to start the Super dub from the very beginning of the series. I don't think Americans will have the patience to sit through 2 arcs that are just worse recaps if the films that they already fully dubbed and released in theaters.

At this rate it's going to take 2 years to until the first tournament against Champa.

How about no.

Reboots are killing off creativity and originality in the entertainment industry.

Maybe they were banking on people not nowing the first two arcs are movie retellings with slight changes or even knowing what DBS was until the announcement.

They should have just played the movies and had the series go right into the Black arc.

>Adult Swim brings back The Boondicks.
It would be great.

>I find this Gundam extremely confusing
>After Jack and the Dragon Balls, the best thing I like his HxH

will the Kai Buu arc suffer from this as well?

Why? The fourth season was mediocre, and that was with Aaron ghostwriting.

>WWE numbers

Toonami would kill for low 3s and high 2s

I gotta put a brave face on.

Reminder that AS has NEVER rerun the 4th season until last week

Maybe it'll fix some of the shitty pacing, but the the power scaling canonically goes haywire.

>it was the number 2 show of all cable, only being beat by a basketball game.
It was a basketball game, then a shitty, kids awards show followed by Samurai Jack.

>not watching Tokyo Majin during Tokyo Ghoul

No, Jack was number 2

The Cell saga is only popular because of Gohanfags.

>mfw Naruto's ratings beat JoJo's Meme Adventure. Mobile Suite Gundam Robot Unicorn Attack. and Homo x Homo.
>And it's in filler.

Yet they say Shippuden is the one that needs to be removed out of the bunch instead of One Piece.

>At this rate it's going to take 2 years to until the first tournament against Champa.

Unless huge marathons come out of nowhere, we'll be there by late 2017. Do you remember how short the arcs are?

Everything except Jojo and Jack needs to be removed.
That's not even being biased for those shows. It's being biased against everything else. Because it's shit.
Put in fuckin' Madoka or something, I don't care, anything's better than what they have right now.

tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/daily-ratings/saturday-cable-ratings-march-11-2017/

Are we going by 18-49 demographics or by total viewers?

>Everything except Jojo and Jack needs to be removed.
>Implying JoJo doesn't need to be removed pronto.
JoJofags, come on.

I want this so bad... Why hasn't this happened yet?!

Toei probably wouldn't have let Funimation skip the episodes anyway.

Or, you know, because it was actually exciting.

>except Jojo
>the biggest ratings cancer of the night

Jojobrony detected

I'll be watching Tokyo Mew Mew during Tokyo Ghoul.

You guys deserve this

m.imgur.com/a/eQJiV

Total viewers means little. Key demo always is king

>Someone red pill me on Tokyo Ghoul

Read the manga. The anime is more than 50% filler (despite being only 24 episodes) and is one of the worst adaptions I've ever seen.

Basically, first season is average. Second season is a complete disaster, almost entirely filler (based on some ideas by the author which weren't good enough to get into the manga) an obvious rushjob because the studio couldn't wait until there was more manga to adapt. The result was a season so poorly received it basically destroyed the franchise. It's still a relatively popular manga but its potential to be more than that is basically dead.

Not quite SAO-level terrible, but it's close.

>One Piece's second to last night
>it beats Gundam, and Hunter X Hunter and is a hair from beating Jojo

YOU'VE MADE A HUGE MISTAKE

Usopp, why is your nose a small penis?

Gundam will probably just ride out the full 22 episodes. It's not worth it to ditch it when it's a short, standard length series.

HxH on the other hand...They were probably hoping it would have had the appeal Yu Yu Hakusho did on Toonami back in the day. They were wrong.
Both the waifu AND husbando game are much weaker than YYH, the setting isn't as fun, most of the villains are bland and unmemorable, and while Yusuke was a fun, likable son of a bitch street tough with a heart of gold, Gon just falls kind of flat in the personality department. Especially this early in the series.
Hell, YYH reruns would probably outperform HxH.

I don't see it lasting the full 148 episodes.

user, why is your penis a small penis?

>Gundam will probably just ride out the full 22 episodes. It's not worth it to ditch it when it's a short, standard length series.
Chances of IBO S2?

Gon is just Luffy on steroids.

fuck man. i`d be down for some YYH reruns than watching little kids getting molested by a clown.
that demon tournament arc still gets me erect.

>one freak night erases years of terrible ones

Considering they just last minute swapped Unicorn to 2am for the 25th, I'd say not high

I keep hearing this one bastard say "Surely they'll give IBO a better timeslot than 2am. It had better ratings than Unicorn."

Skipping over the fact that this dumbass constantly lies and throws fits in order to defend IBO, what a crock of shit. Toonami's ratings as a whole were higher back when IBO was airing and it wasn't because of the murderhobo. IBO was often pegged as the weak-link of the night that saw some pretty bad retention from it's lead-in. Not as bad as Jojo's, but people were calling for it to be moved later into the night.

I am a huge Gundam fan, but for fuck's sake let's be real here. IBO wasn't a draw for the block. The fact it generated little buzz outside of the Gundam fanbase should have been a huge warning sign. People aren't going to flock back to it just because Toonami airs season 2. The show had one chance to make it's mark, to get people hooked and it blew it.

Gundam isn't popular in the west. Don't know why people can't accept that.
>but it aired next to muh dbz 20 years ago
Yea and how often do you normies sharing gundam memes on facebook or remembering the Gundam games they played in the schoolyard? Oh right never because most people never gave a shit about Gundam, it just happened to be near the most popular anime in the west for awhile which gave it some temporary, artificial popularity

Too much lewd not enough implied rape.

I've been putting off getting the series on bluray but fuck I gotta.

>all this lewd for characters who were on screen less than 60 seconds
>series only premeried 6 days ago

Sup Forums is a spider, hiding in a toilet paper tube, waiting for the party to end so it can check it's web. This inane shit has nothing to do with it. Weeaboo are not Sup Forums.

By turning a profit at a lower cost.

Well, we had seen them quite awhile ago in the trailer, some of that stuff isn't brand new

How many more years of HxH?

>The Stardust Crusaders dub is making progress
That's awesome. Judging from the test episodes, the VA's they cast are perfect!

>Also, why the hell are people saying Naruto will be the next to go when this shit happens every other month?
Because it's ending next week in Japan.

why is it taking them so long?

Because like Free! Crunchyroll was probably holding the dub rights hostage.