Itt: Marvel characters created within the last ten years that you actually like

itt: Marvel characters created within the last ten years that you actually like

there seems to be a lot of threads lately about the exact opposite sentiment, thought it would be nice to have a change of pace

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ljw8FMz17og
anyforums.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>It's a "I like scarred little girls." episode!

There's nothing wrong with genki psychopaths.

I have a bad sense of time. Who are the candidates? American Kaiju? That midget that Dr Spoctopus was giving his web fluid to? Kaine's mexican sidekick?

American Kaiju is like a year old. Ana Marconi debuted four years ago. Aracely is five.

>Ana Marconi debuted four years ago
Where has all the time gone?
youtube.com/watch?v=ljw8FMz17og

Those two young characters Claremont created for the Nightcrawler series. Also, Kid Loki and Leah. And maybe Aracely in Kaine's Scarlet Spider. The rest of the characters created in the past ten years suck big time.

I happen to really like Robbie Reyes

This is probably at least 50% because of the Gurihiru art, but despite having the lamest concept Gwenpool is actually a fun comic.
Better than Spider-Gwen, anyways

This too, although he's better if he doesn't cross over with anyone who isn't also a ghost rider imo. Plus I can listen to Carpenter Brut during the action sequences and it works perfectly.

I genuinely like Moon Girl and think she has untapped potential.

Guri knows how to draw a booty

When will Emma go back to wearing white?

my favorite comic character is Brian Michael 'The Writer?' Bendis

I know half of Sup Forums hates Damian but I like him along with Jon

It's very easy for writers to do Damian wrong, so I don't blame them. He was great with Dickbats.

This. Gwen is an awesome character in her own book; but no one else knows how to write her. I wish her name wasn't so bad either, people don't give her a chance because of it.

All in all, Doctor Rot was a fun little villain

Good shit, too bad her story is pretty much wrapped up. marvel will cancel it any second now.

Gabby is great, I like Bella as well if I'm being honest, Mania is always nice to see, Silk had the worst introduction but she got pretty enjoyable after Slott stopped writing her. Anna Marie isn't so bad.

Over at DC I know Baz and Jess have a good fee loyal fans, I also really liked Gotham and Gotham Girl until Pysco Pirate fucked them up. Also Jon Kent, people seem to love him.

>Better than Spider-Gwen, anyways

That's mainly cause Gwenpool actually feels more focused.

Will Damian always remain a manlet?

I still find it hilarious how there are comments from 3 years about Spock and anytime something new happens, someone will post on there. The guy who uploaded the video must be so confused.

Why is this theme associated with Superior Spider-Man?

Her origin is complete garbage and the way Slott wrote her is nothing short of awful. But at least they made a moderate successfully effort to make her likable only to be overshadowed by Spider-Gwen.

The original storytimes of 698-700 that Scanbro did had someone post that as the 'theme'. It went surprisingly well.

I like Robbie reyes

When was sun-girl created? I like her too even if she'll never appear again.

She was made for the new New Warriors.

>gay character with the ability to turn into a women

What a convenient power. Wonder who thought this up?

Robbie Reyes Ghost Rider.

Damian under Morrison is a top tier character.

I was gonna say "what, no Reyes?" But I guess you guys beat me to the punch.

It feels like a lot of the recent push characters have potential, but few of them ever actually use it. Even Robbie seems to be falling short of the impact he SHOULD have, despite his appearances being great anyway.

Kamala. Not perfect, but close.

Gabby is ok, sort of a dumb cutesy sidekick character but could be worse.

Viv is pretty cool. I'm hoping another writer uses her in something that isn't a fucking train wreck.

Khamala
Viv
Robbie
Gabby

I hope she goes full brainiac in the future.

Becomes the beacon of hope for all AI, with her grandfather/great grandfather Pymtron at her side.

Emma will never take gay Iceman to the buttplug store and teach him the secrets of anal dilation

What a missed opportunity, I wanted her as a teacher.Not crazy terrorist.

BUTT STUUUUFF

Even though Iam an X Men fan I like Iso and Aura from the nuhumans.
On the other side Inferno/Dante must be one of the most uninspired characters ever.

Has Eva been in anything since Bendis' X-Men run?

Not trolling either. I feel too many wrote her off because of some early comics and never looked back. I will admit I only recently binged the comic so that probably helps but this comic is legit good and especially in this new arc is my favorite Marvel title. Followed by Gwenpool

Morrison is a mid-tier Damian writer at best and in the beginning was one of the worst.

Kamala is pretty cool. Too bad CW2 and all the crossover team-up did so much harm to her.

Cw2 ruined damn near all of Marvel's lineup, and was just all around horrible. The old guard characters that have been around for half a century will always be safe, but newer characters are at risk of being scapegoated for the line wide sales drop, so it's got me nervous. Hopefully the TV and videogame appearances will be enough to keep her relevant during all this Bullshit.

Forget-Me-Not and Santi Sardina were pretty cool.

MvC Infinite will save her.

Yeah, Gwenpool was a huge dark horse for me. I was expecting her to be an annoying twerp who only existed to be a more violent GIR.

I'm really glad they gave her the depth and challenges she needed to grow up and be likable.

Damian is great, it just really, really sucks how he's not allowed to have any character development and every time he does it just gets ignored by the next writer in line.

Good choice.
I hope she goes Technomancer

Damian doesn't count, he was created more than a decade ago.

I kinda like these ridiculous mustache twirlers.

Nope. I want her back.

Huh, you're right. He debuted in September 2006 so he just barely misses the 10-year window.

There are so many tiny little anatomical errors in this picture that it's frustrating to look at. This is why we always double check our sketch before moving into the lining phase.

They'd be fun played for camp in a book that's self aware enough to recognize its own tone.
Honestly though, these are the villains the Champions deserve, since they're exactly as blatant and one-dimensional as the book itself.

I really like Robbie Reyes and I wish his book would take off. I know everyone blames the shitty Co4 crossover for his current solo's failure, but his sales numbers were never good, even with based Tradd on art.

I like Kamala, but only in her own book. When written by anyone else, she's an obnoxious mouthpiece.

Aracely is great, especially when teamed up with Kaine. Too bad Yost and To's New Warriors sales figures were just as bad as ANGR's, if not worse.

Most of the rest can just die somewhere.

He's also not Marvel. DC tends to handle their new characters and legacies better in general, unlike the recent crop of new Marvel characters. Which is probably why OP specified Marvel for this thread.

>Yost and To's New Warriors sales figures
Man, the book was shit. It deserved to fail because it wasn't good. I wanted it to be good, but they shit the bed.

I don't disagree with you. The first arc was a fucking mess and wasn't even close to new reader friendly, which was the whole fucking point of Marvel NOW! to begin with.

It was still disappointing to see how bad it turned out. The New Warriors brand as a whole has just been shat on since their first run ended.

How on fucking earth would Bendis think he's in any way responsible for Avengers?

He is/was on the creative consultant board for those movies. It's unsure how much input he had, but it seems obvious that he had some.

The Captain being canon again was one of the few good things to come out of recent Marvel.

Too bad Marvel doesn't seem to share that sentiment.

>Cancel the book after failing to find artists for it so the fucking writer had to take over on art for the last couple issues
>Bring it back to coincide with a plot line on Aos
>Surprise, it's just a 6-issue stealth mini
>Surprise, we're cancelling it even earlier
I don't think I've ever been so angry about a comic in my life.

Bump

You colda said "I like Kamala", or "Kid Kaiju is neat".

It didn't have to be "Bump".

You are forgetting the part where she is cute and I want to place my penis adjacent to her womb

I ship it.

Robbie Reyes.

>Name is literally "horrible" on finnish
wow

She should have been the "female Thor".

Miles and that's it, and I'm trying my best to keep liking him despite marvel's shit writing teams.

I love Mania and wish she was in more things.

CW2 ruined everyone user, even the patience of the readers.

kamala, sam, robbie & sun girl from that new warriors relaunch are probably my favorites of the bunch.

as far as books go i really liked all the edgy spiderman books we got.