IRON FIST NETFLIX

>new thread

Glad I didn't make the thread cause this is a really good OP image

So is this as bad as critics say it is ?
I'm planning on watching this tonight and i just want to know.

Danny is about to give her the iron fist.

No. It's a slow burn with a bit too much corporate drama, but it's at worst mediocre. Half the critics super obviously watched the first episode, saw Danny was white, and bailed.

It definitely isn't that bad. The first couple episodes are mediocre but it really picks up after that. I really like what they're doing in a few unique ways i didn't expect, and was enjoying it by episode 3.

Why didn't marvel pay them off like usual?

No, it's extremely good
Many critics are mad cause he's a better martial artist than Asian martial artists. Skill transcends race.

>ward finding pop pop playing two guys 1 hammer
What a shit day for him.

Good to hear, I've been waiting to watch this for a while now.

>People want Iron Fist to be Asian
Isn't it that just as fucked up? Why would you change the white guy to an Asian guy? Wouldn't you be doing that just because of the martial arts and chi based powers?

The biggest problem with the series is all the corporate drama and lackluster fights.

probably the best mcu show yet

I'm only on the second episode. I'm not as hooked as I was on the other three series, the pacing is a bit off for my taste. Do the fights get better at all?

>Department of Entomology
>B-09-S
I get it

LMAO @ you

Only 3 episodes in.
I understand why they make the changes they did, but i'm sorry Iron fist had to have its mythology mangled to fit into the netflix MCU, but so far i've enjoyed it.
Though the wire-fu in episode one is horrible.

I'm thinking the fact everyone expected it to be bad will be better for it in the end. Also I never read Iron Fist and only knew him from the team up with Like Cage, but wasn't Danny ALWAYS white? Why is this TRIGGERING people? Is it cuz theyre fucking faggots who don't read or know comics and crave outrage? I have yet to watch it myself but I thought it was out for some time already and why it got such bad scores. But it turns out it JUST came out? Who were the ones bitching?

Yes, it basically is. Like i don't understand how these people think asians are underrepresented in cinema. A good chunk of the best movies ever made are chinese/japanese and feature only asians. There are fucking tons of excellent kung fu films with all asian casts.

Overall there is very little actual combat in the show. It also really doesn't help that the majority of it is lackluster.

>So is this as bad as critics say it is ?

Yes and no. It's not the kung fu fight show people wanted it to be. It plays more as a family/legal drama with a dirty hipster who does yoga.

>I'm planning on watching this tonight and i just want to know.

The first two episodes are really not very good.

A lot of the characters are very opaque and it takes until episode 3 for all the supporting characters to get fleshed out.

There's a weird dynamic where the Meachums, the villainous family that runs Rand corp, are the main characters along with Danny Rand.

Finn Jones is convincing as an acrobat, but not a martial artist.

It's really not as bad as the critics say. Sometimes I felt like they exaggerated. Some viewers don't like the fight scenes, I don't have a problem with them.

For sure. The plot really picks up, too. You should know whether you're on board by 3 or 4.

this user is trolling you.

Finn Jones is not in great shape and the choreography is pretty poor.

The show gets better from the first couple episodes.

Yes, Danny Rand has always been white although throughout time there have been other Iron Fists, mostly asian due to where K'un L'un appears although ethnicity is irrelevant. But Iron Fist was always meant to be an American send-up of asian cinema/kung fu movies which were big at the time of his creation. He's a love letter to the genre and essentially shows how much Americans love and are receptive to the culture.

My thing is Marvel should just push the nonwhite characters they already have. Companies worry about backlash for doing that, but I think they would have way fewer complaints from both sides.

>So is this as bad as critics say it is ?
Not at all. I personally feel its at least better than Jessica Jones but worse than the 1st half of Luke Cage.

>I'm planning on watching this tonight and i just want to know.
The 1st 3/4 episodes are trash tier. Luckily it picks up by 5 or so and has a pretty solid run until around episode 10.

So how long until we get the "completely unbiased" Sup Forums reviews claiming this is the best show of the year and literally all the criticisms were poisoned and lies?

The action really doesn't start picking up until ep 6. If you must, skip the in-between eps.

I like how despite basically being trained by the same guys, Danny and Matt manage to be foils to one another.

Matt's from a poorer background and his teacher was an unapologetic bastard, but Stick's training coupled with his having to cope in NYC without his father made him into a responsible, savvy, and functional member of society who can afford salt to new situations like the Hand pretty easily. Even blind, he strides towards the future though his past often tries to drag him down.

Danny was a son of privelege. Even losing his parents resulted in him winding up in K'un Lun, a place sequestered from larger human civilization. So while he underwent a similar regime to Matt's, arguably harsher in some respects, his upbringing was still sheltered, leaving him naieve and rigid in a lot of ways. The only reason he's as nice as he is is because he was nice going into K'un Lun and dealing with stresses beyond the physical causes that gentleness to often fray not helped by how he holds some of the excessively sterner attitudes of his adoptive home in high esteem due to how he lacked other potential role models. Even his asceticism is depicted as an indulgence rather than a virtue like it is with Matt as he grapples with people who have latched themselves onto things, places, and other persons out of duty and fondness (Colleen, Joy, etc), and there are those like Big Al who aren't living ruggedly out of their own volition. His fixation on the past is his own greatest weakness, wishing to vindicate the existence of his old life when it is anathema to much of the spiritual teachings he respects

Marvel can do no wrong!

>No, it's extremely good

See this is the problem with manchildren, they either think that something is shit or fucking perfect

I'm honestly not sure you will see a whole lot of blind praise for the show overall. I think at best you will see most people talk about it being better than the last half of Luke Cage and Jessica Jones.

Yes, that is why.

Is Shang Chi in it?

>He's a love letter to the genre and essentially shows how much Americans love and are receptive to the culture.

SO LET'S FUCKING SHIT ALL OVER THE FACT HE'S A WHITE CIS MALE. FUCK COS WHITE MALES. SCUM. SCUM.

Yeah people will falsely say it's better than Luke Cage.

So how long till all the critics backtrack?

Maybe not that bad but still a boring piece of shit. It's a chore to watch really. 4/10 at best

it's far from perfect but so far I'm finding it to be better than Luke Cage.

That can't be a mark of a good show if you can skip entire sets of episodes just to get to something good

This. Never a middle ground on here. Expect to see this show being hailed as better than DD all cause the mainstream critics hate it.

Its definitely better than eps 8-13 of Luke Cage.

As a competent show, LC is absolutely better. But I'm enjoying Iron Fist a lot more. I'm finding myself paying more attention to the show instead opening other tabs.

I got bored as fuck of Luke Cage by episode 5 and dropped it. There was good stuff but the episodes were dense and meandering.

Still watching IF but it starts weaker than LC for sure

Well really is right now too different?
The defenders highest member is B list, Luke and Danny are just below that, Jessica until her show came out was just Luke's wife and had a good mini a decade ago.
Would a Shang Shi or Daugher of the Dragons really be that far removed from Jessica Jones?

>it's better than the worst parts of a show

So then it sucks

Do you things get better for Colleen past episode 3? I felt really bad for her during that cage fight, compromising her morals to support her dojo. It was also one of the more brutal and realistic man vs. woman fights I've seen in a Sup Forums related production after being spoiled by LOGANand Wonder Woman trailers.

Is there atleast a somewhat neat kung fu plot?

If you only plan on watching this for just the action.

Its worse than Daredevil S1
Its worse than Daredevil S2
Its worse than eps 1-7 of Luke Cage
Its better than eps 8-13 of Luke cage
Its better than Jessica Jones

The show would have been so much better if it didn't take 6 entire episodes to find it footing.

The entire plot revolves around Rand wrapped up in corporate drama or tracking down heroine supplies.

>it's worse than DD s2

Must be horrific in that case since ninjas are what made that season suck so much

>That can't be a mark of a good show if you can skip entire sets of episodes just to get to something good

Iron Fist is not a great show. It's definitely not front-loaded the way the other Netflix shows are.

I really did not enjoy the first two episodes. When Danny starts using his powers it massages a lot of problems.

And thank god the actress playing Colleen Wing is hot.

Good point. Too bad Marvel doesn't have TV and Movie rights for Mutants because there is a shit ton of diversity in X-Men... also I want Darwin not to be dead.

Kung Fu Captain America hunts down Triad Hydra with escalating martial arts violence

>Colleen's pajama booty
She's cute!

I liked her in this boy shorts pajamas.

I don't care enough to watch this, spoil everything for me.

>ey I'm walkin here!
most New York show yet

>I'm the only one that can stop the Hand

wew buddy I have some bad news for you

THIS

Asians are the majority of the world's population. How the fuck are they NOT represented? And they're racist fucktards to begin with.

>Movies set in America should have a majority Asian cast because China is populous.

>id eat ice cream for breakfast
>and lunch
Pure Wesley is probably gonna die, he's TOO pure

>we worked really hard to get a lot of money while you were off surviving in the Himalayas
Lol, what a fucking bitch.

That's not what I was talking about you dense shithead. I was saying that it's bullshit that asspained Asians complain about MUH REPRESENTATION when they make tons of martial arts flicks full of only Asian people.

Any fight scenes on youtube/vimeo/whatever yet?

I really don't care about the Netflix shows outside of Daredevil S1, so I can't be bothered to watch 13 episodes of this.

>I was saying that it's bullshit that asspained Asians complain about MUH REPRESENTATION when they make tons of martial arts flicks full of only Asian people.

America is a melting pot country of immigrants. China is not.

And that argument is moronic. Chinese people should have to go back to China to make movies about themselves?

>takes two episodes to convince your best friends who you are
>takes 30 seconds to convince a lawyer who you met when they were an intern and you were a child
This is more of an indictment on how poorly Danny handled the situation with Ward and Joy, but still.

The US is majority white. The culture in movies and shows is predominantly white. Most of the famous actors that people like are white and even non-whites like watching non-whites. This shit isn't rocket science.

Asians are the most privileged crybabies ever. They've got their own culture to fall back on if they don't have representation. Now these fuckwits shit up everyone else's fun like this and the Ghost in the Shell movie.

> Now these fuckwits shit up everyone else's fun like this and the Ghost in the Shell movie.

I'm getting increasingly tired of these retarded idea that representation means no white people in anything ever, like somehow giving in to increased representation means the elimination of white media.

>but slippery slope

Shove it up your ass. Minorities are asking for an absurdly small piece of the pie here.

>martial arts character
>make the show about boardroom meetings

Who thought this was a good idea?

I wouldn't mind people laughing at other people enjoying things if you actually laughed, like if you actually got a second's joy from it. But I bet you didn't laugh, or even chuckle at that pleb's poor taste. You just wrote something nasty and didn't even stop to tweak your nipples at the schadenfrauder, and that's what really gets me about trolls.

>Minorities are asking for an absurdly small piece of the pie here.
But it's something that they already had for decades.

You must be false flagging.

How much surgery did she have?

Sort of, it shifts from cultural appropriation to 'regaining cultural heritage'

Or so the argument goes.

>Is there any vanilla?
Oh fuck please no

aw fuck

thats what i said

Personally I'm fine with races being swapped as long as a majority of the story doesn't focus on them being that race, which shouldn't happen unless the director is trying to make commentary. Honestly if they casted Steven Yeun I wouldn't be mad at all.

This a million times. Made it to ep7 before not caring enough to finish, this show is just so generic and boring with no sense of style on what it wants to be. It like they took the elements of the other Marvel shows that made them work and tried borrowing chunks of them to make so some of mongoloid show to say, "Here its everything you liked before all in one right?!"

Hopefully Defenders cleans up the problems. Its not unwatchable but it feels like a complete throwaway show.

>something they already had for decades
"No"

JJ is still the best of them all though. Yes, it wanders a bit and should have cut 2-3 episodes but thats the case with DD and LC.

But i found it easy to identify with JJ except for the rapey parts.

>Any fight scenes on youtube/vimeo/whatever yet?

Imagine a ballerina slapping and throwing people.

I can't shake the feeling that the only reason this show exists is to set up a fourth Defender. Daredevil, Jessica Jones, and Luke Cage all seemed to have their own identity and reasons for existing outside of a shared universe, yet Iron Fist only seems to be here to check in the boxes.

But it dealt with feminist ideas, user.

That clearly means it's the work of the devil and you're a beta cuck for liking it. Or something.

Now that the dust has settled and DCucks bribery meme has been proven false how will they ever recover? Also what did they mean by this?

it only took 3

That's what happened with Captain America. They needed something to lead directly into The Avengers and the result was... meh.

Maybe Iron Fist will get his Winter Soldier redemption.

>Floyd Mayweather shit
kek

I really hate this "slow 6 episodes" meme.

ABC has finally tried to make a show that gets gradually better, unlike premature ejaculation that was literally every show before Iron Fist, and people claim it's second coming of Anti-christ.

Hell, first episode was all right, it set tone just all right.

>That's what happened with Captain America.
No, that's what happened with Iron Man II.

Probable surgeries: face lift or botox, eyelid surgery

Possible surgeries: nose job, cheek fillers, lip fillers, jaw resizing, brow lift, hairline repositioning

...You do know there are Asians that live in the US right? Compared to the number of Asians that live in the US they aren't even remotely representated equally in media. But closet racist retards like you will always scream OVER REPRESENTATION Regardless.

Asians outside the US like me don't care because we're poor. Danny's race is a First World Problem.

Nah. They were just bitching about SJW bullshit. It's also pretty evident that many of those critics didn't even watch past the first episode.

anyone else kinda disappointed with the
Netflix version of Davos

So...what you're saying is i coukd convince her to get a tit job as well?