Amazing Spider-Man

>This is real
Remember when Spider-Man use to be good and not cringe-inducing garbage? I miss the good ol days....

>Slott will never leave ASM

This is fucking embarrassing.

Wasted trips

Also, this isn't half as bad as Pants on Head Retarded, or Remove all of your white blood cells. This reads more like he's taking a jab, a bit poorly mind you, at the pc Era and mentality that seems to effect only comic and cartoon related subjects.

>nearly three years after its end, Slott still can't let go of Superior Spider-Man
>after calling himself Doctor Octopus, Superior Spider-Man and Superior Octopus, Otto will one day become Doctor Spider-Man

It's not Crazy Town Banana Pants! either.

>This reads more like he's taking a jab, a bit poorly mind you, at the pc Era and mentality
Marvel is not that self aware. I'm not sure why there are still people that defend this trash.

I think it's funny. Is it not supposed to be funny?

I thought it was pretty funny too.

Don't laugh at things anons, you'll offend the other anons who read this and Champions like it's not satire.

Go away, Slott

Read the latest issue of Venom. Spiderman makes an appearance and next to that burning dumpster fire this is shakespeare.

Seems like HK is in need of diversity and multi-culti.

Pretty good typical Spider gag.
Grow up.

It's a good line, but it feels like a line that Peter would say just to blow off steam, not really meaning any of it, which his final comment on it seems to indicate he means it seriously.

I can't even tell when SJW bullshit is serious or not anymore.

i think he's just joking? chill

Marvel is still deeply entrenched in the age of SJWs, nothing of value is being put out now.

Your totally missing the point.

This is a sideways jab at all those people who cry "Racist!" over stuff that makes logical sense.

Like when Resident Evil 5 was in Africa and people said it was racist that the main characters were chased around by hoards of black zombies, because it was a bad visual.

Objectively wrong

Isn't his entire rogue gallery white?

I'm more upset with what they did to Bobbi

Yeah, it was one of the few times Slott got a chuckle out of me. Now it's suddenly not OK to make fun of SJWs? The same thing happened in Spencer's Cap. Guy makes a joke at the SJW's expense and Sup Forums flips the fuck out over it for some reason?

OML is ending and Lemirebis now retiring from capes because of it. Get ready for OML to be feminized in the future.

Are these two going to bone?

all but like 3 of them.

A JOKE?! IN MY SPIDERMAN?!?!

You've clearly never seen Slott's social media. This is the kind of shit he bitches about constantly.

They will. Then Bobbi will let everyone believe Spidey raped her. Then she'll kill him.

Has Slott ever explained what the deal is with his hard-on for Doc Ock?

Feels like he can't go 2 or 3 storylines without bringing Otto into it.
It's really weird.

> nostalgia

Fucking cancer

But comics are social mediums between me and my outside view of the real world

The last panel ruins the joke, or at least makes it less funny, really went on for too long.

That or this isn't a joke and I'm going to go kill myself

This. It was meant as comedy, but came off as sincere white guilt instead.

At this point, I would welcome Peter dying and Miles taking over. At least then Peter won't be literally raped by Slott anymore. Just sayin.

Otto is one of the main characters of Slott's solo run. He was prominent from the very beginning of Big Time.

Yes but why?

He's one of Spider-Man's major foes. That's like asking why Brainiac appears in Superman books.

Being a major foe is different from being a main character.

The way he appears so regularly since Superior ended feels really forced.
I don't buy that he's there any other reason that Slott's got an obsession with him.

Slott should get a Doc Ock ongoing and make someone else write Spider-Man. But not Bendis, he'll try to kill him and make Miles the main Spidey.

Why is it so hard to find a writer who just likes Peter?

Maybe Zdarsky can save us?

Most of them quit or don't have as much pull as Bendis. Bendis has a lot of power (even Axel literally admitted he offers every character to him first). Slott is the only one with more power than him because ASM sells more than all of Marvel's comics (sand maybe Star Wars). Because of this, he has a lot of pull.

To me it seems like Dan Slott is getting bored of writing Spider-Man.

It feels like he's been bored for awhile. And that he's running out of ideas. I mean, Clone Saga again? What's next, is he going to redo Maximum Carnage?

This is hilarious, what are you taking about.

A terrible joke is stretched out for an entire page. Brava.

Slott doesn't have more power than him. The only thing Slott has power over is ASM, but outside of that, he has shit for pull. He's allowed to have his corner to play in and people can't mess with that, but while Slott gets one piece of pizza all to himself, Bendis gets all the other pieces.

Whether this is supposed to be a joke or some sort of political commentary, it was an odd sentiment and a bit of a mouthful. Quite bizarre.

It was a joke and poking fun at the people that would actually get offended by this.

>this is what passes as quality writing nowadays
I miss Shooter