Has any supposedly "super intelligent character" ever impressed you with a well-thought plan or feat of intelligence...

Has any supposedly "super intelligent character" ever impressed you with a well-thought plan or feat of intelligence? The only examples I can think of are "All-Star Superman" Lex Luthor and "Red Son" Lex Luthor.

Other urls found in this thread:

fanfiction.net/s/10360716/1/The-Metropolitan-Man
twitter.com/AnonBabble

The guy knew he would die, he died three times, the third time was after he hijacked the universe.

Brainiacs 2 and 5 have managed to pull off some clever tricks over the years. Not so much 3, though not for lack of trying. And the less said about either version of 4, the better.

No, because a fictional character is only ever as smart as their writer. And comic book writers are dumb as rocks.

Nah, it's always the more 'dumb' characters that don't brag about their intelligence that always impresses me. Especially when you notice the slight change in music to indicate a betrayal or a sleight of hand a couple of seconds before it finishes.

Let's have a list of the ones that stick in mind

Navy jacking the red eye ship and trying to kill Steven while laughing manically.
Tammy at the wedding.
The two riddle wyrms in Samurai Jack
IKRA
Anything Nox did in Wakfu I guess
'...We are the kyoshi warriors'
'How did you know it was a fake chaos emerald?'
'Let me show you a video', even if it relies on waaaay too much chance and emotional damage.
Half of Joey's mindtricks in Yugioh, but not Sup Forums related.

There's others, and these are mostly single clever moves rather than full plans, but yeah.

Lex Luthor in metropolitan man.

fanfiction.net/s/10360716/1/The-Metropolitan-Man

Who's that suave motherfucker in Invincible who conquerors the earth with Ironman robots? His plan was more common sense taking his gimmick to it's ultimate conclusion but he thought it through and made contingencies for possible failure. And he won which never happens so there you go.

>"So... How did you know it was the fake emeral-"Tails!"
>"Ha! Because you just told me, fox boy!"
>play Dark story, turns out he already knew anyway and did that just to dick with Tails
Damn.

You are right. See the pic related.

>Be a team of the most intelligent characters
>Never do anything more intelligent than common sense
>Sometimes do dumb shit that simple common sense would prevent

You would have to be very intelligent to properly write super intelligent characters.

These are comic book writers not saying anything about the art form just the minds that could make that character sing are elsewhere

Adrian Veidt / Ozymandias from Watchmen... the last two chapters knocked me for six the first time I read them.

Especially, even though it's quite simple, the fact he doesn't let some final battle affect his plans... Actually puts him far ahead of 90% of villains

>tfw there will never be an intellegent character that uses "Show, don't tell" instead of expostion.

Because then readers won't know what the fuck happened

I've seen a rock kill a man, so they can't be that dumb

this deserves its own mini
something in Fleischer style

true, the only difference between magic and science in fiction is the amount exposition.

Shut up, Croc, you are drunk

Obligatory.

>"All-Star Superman" Lex Luthor
It's been a while since I read this but didn't he just use a bunch of science-is-magic bullshit like his 'perfect cocktail' ruse? Maybe I'm not remembering it clear enough but I thought that was pretty contrived.

I think he's referring to how Lex tricked Superman into flying too close to the sun to save that ship. Superman ended up with super cancer but he, and the reader, didn't know Lex was behind the whole thing until the end.

>implying a filthy Greek has ever impressed anyone

Oh, yeah, that was really smart. I feel dumb for not even noticing that.

and as such YJ's Lex you played the Light and the heroes for chumps

Greg's KEIKAKU characters are some of my favorites