When did deadpool started to became a joke of a character...

When did deadpool started to became a joke of a character? i remenber he just to be funny and sometimes had great storys but it seems nowdays that hes just been trapped fighting shitty wacky characters and being trhown into avengers books for the sake of selling.

Daniel Way

Joe Kelly had its "lol random" moments, too.

He was created by Rob Liefeld as a parody of Deathstroke. He's literally always been a joke.

Daniel way.Deadpool had a goofy side but way made him a meme and a dated one at that

Yeah, but Joe Kelly didn't have Deadpool being Lol Random 24/7

>but it seems nowdays that hes just been trapped fighting shitty wacky characters

I'm not asking this to be confrontational or anything, but have you been reading his ongoing series at any point in the past five years or so? It sounds to me like you're responding more to seeing isolated panels posted on social media from his guest appearances and old stuff from ten years back than what's actually going on in his own series "nowadays."

Liefeld only "came up with" the design (I can't give him full credit) and he wasn't a parody but more of a homage or copy.

Yeah, but Kelly's use of humor was often there to provide levity to an otherwise-serious story, or to underscore the horror of the moment with Deadpool trying to cover it with irreverence.

At some point Deadpool went from being shitty Deathstroke ripoff to a compelling character who balanced comedy with drama, and then from that to a nonsensical meme-spouting idiot whose nature and tonal consistency changed (degraded would be a better word) from one writer to the next. Now and then we get some pretty great runs, though.

Deadpool, when written well, is my favorite Marvel character. When written poorly, he's my most-hated.

>he wasn't a parody but more of a homage or copy.

The proper term (and this is a useful one for capefags like us to know since it comes up so much) is "pastiche."

What about dughan pohse duo?
They fucked up most of deadpool mythos creating a new shitty cast gaving him a daughter getting rid of the voices of his head, and creating madcap.

Still he was a different type of character and has his groove back in the day, but now is normie random shit in every comic, and mostly gay jokes.

It was the moment Deadpool just appeared in a maid's dress without explanation that tipped me off about the meme nature.

This, Duggan has been trying to write a good DP run with drama and humor being balanced and thw Daniel Way dans hate it.

He even criticizes the lolrandumb shit when he has Deadpool get pissy because one of the Mercs impersonating him yells out the names of random Mexican dishes.

"I don't yell the names of Mexican food like I have turrets you know"

I remember the Posehn/Duggan run pretty much spent the first arc or two looking like a typical Daniel Way-esque premise, but was actually the beginning of a gradual scaleback of Deadpool dealing with ~SO WACKY~ situations and bringing the series back to its roots: Deadpool dealing with his roots, his failings, and his connections with others. It was a pleasant surprise at a time when I'd written off the series as doomed to terrible meme- and metahumor.

>What about dughan pohse duo?
>They fucked up most of deadpool mythos creating a new shitty cast gaving him a daughter getting rid of the voices of his head, and creating madcap
They literally saved the Deadpool mythos from Way's legacy. It was Way who ruined the original supporting cast

>voices of his head
That was Daniel Way who did the voices, they were never part of Deadpool's mythos or whatever (same goes for the dreaded Poolvision) and Madcap being trapped in DP's mind was the explanation Duggan made to get rid of it which I am glad for.

Also Duggan didn't create Madcap, he's an older character.

getting rid of taskmaster, bob and some others is really worth just to get that shitty retcon madcap and a daughter, deadpool now seems more like that shitty harley quinn solo series but whith a male shitard.

Those text boxes were so fucking disorienting for me as a guy who came back from Kelly and Simone's runs (didn't care for Simone's, but DP's had much, much worse since). I kept flipping through issues trying to figure out when his internal monologue stopped being his internal monologue and when a second set of boxes appeared. Near as I can tell, it just did one day apropos of nothing.

i loved them, fucking hated when they retconed the boxes whith that shitty subplot.

Let's not forget the current Spider-Man and Deadpool, Joe Kelly has been doing good by me

how does it feel to have shit taste?

ik but still is a shitty retcon you cant expect anyone to take seriouslty that explanation.

Also i hate the duggan run mostly because the silly plots, him fighting zombie presidents, ninja mimes etc.

>hates silly plots
>but likes the Way run
What?

Deadpool? More like fedpool