Seeley brings us a Steve Trevor book synergy-timed release

dccomics.com/blog/2017/03/17/wonder-woman-steve-trevor-hits-shelves-this-june

>best boy getting a book

N I C E
I
C
E

>DC pushing Steve Trevor now

If there's one good thing that comes out of the WW movie it's this, Diana/Steve confirmed best ship

Wonder Woman with all that curves, only in this cover

Why the fuck does he have a beard. Isn't he supposed to be attractive to women?

Also I guess giving them both anatomically impossible spines is good for equality and all, but on either of them it still looks fucking stupid.

Beards are back in. You have to keep up with the trends.

And neither of those spines are impossible. Are you extremely obese? Those are normal twists.

>anatomically impossible spine

how inflexible are you fucks

Has Steve done anything since getting cucked by Superman? I vaguely remember him in Darkseid War when Grail tried to turn him into some weapon, but has he done anything since then?

>Why the fuck does he have a beard. Isn't he supposed to be attractive to women?
What did you mean by this?

They revealed that actually Superman was cucked by Steve. Also he's been in WW ongoing a lot but I got bored of it after a while.

Physically able people on Sup Forums. Truly a new day

Maybe it ain't the spine, but there's something seriously anatomically fucked up about both of them. Just look at how WW's left foot connects to the ground.

Maybe it's their legs. Definitely WW's legs. As for Steve, I don't know, but there's something fundamentally wrong here as well.

It's not the anatomy, it's just an awkward pose for a cover. Like something you'd only see if you pressed pause in the middle of something rather than an intentional power pose.

If you stand up right now you should be able to mimic both of them with minimal effort.

>I'm wrong but I don't want to say that. So here's some more things I'm wrong about and can't properly articulate.

More Rebirth blandness.

Hell yeah.

>Seeley

the lack of ground detail, and the fact that Steve's position suggest motion, but nothing else on the cover suggests that he should be moving.

Your mind sees a static image with little detail for what should be a moving image with much detail.

Too bad Rebirth Steve is boring as fuck

Makes sense, every trinity main love interest has had a solo comic except Steve

I conceded that I was wrong about the spine. But it's still fucking weird looking

I still maintain that there is something wrong with Wonder Woman's left leg (especially that foot), and that Steve Trevor's upper body is too small in proportion to his lower body.

I mean maybe I'm wrong about Trevor, maybe it's just those pockets look too big. But I still think there's some disconnect between the legs and torso here.

which is sad as shit considering how well Rucka generally writes soldier characters

Did Earth-2 Diana end up with Steve? I love the idea of all three heroes of the trinity having a decent future with their human love interest (Clark/Lois, Diana/Steve, Bruce/Selina). We need a Wonder kid to add to the Super Sons duo

With Pine outshining Gadot in the movie and being the only thing that stands out, maybe Steve will replace Wonder Woman in her own book

>special one-shot story

So it's fucking nothing
ARGUS mini was more relevant

Pre-Crisis Earth 2? They married and had a daughter

A story we can enjoy is never nothing.

I like Steve, but I don't think he's interested enough to read a book about him nor Seeley is a most read writer.

So Wonder Woman was fucking Steve while she was with Superman?

She wanted to and was thinking of him the whole time. But Clark did the same to her with Lois so it's cool.

Unless you are attempting to combat Sup Forums's misuse of the term but we're long past that and you clearly should have understood the context anyway based on the original question.

The Supes x Wondie pair was so weak and busted that not even the writers paid to push that shit gave much of a fuck.

>Steve is boring as fuck

Same as always then

hate to break it to you but the DCU didn't start with Crisis

Will Steve ever be not boring?

I'm convinced it was only done to show how bad it is but Johns got distracted (as he is wont to) and didn't bother to conclude it himself so Tomasi had to do it.

Knew that already champ.

I liked "likeable but dopey" golden age Steve

Why not just turn Steve into a girl?

yeah he should be moe as fuck

because then he's generic, dummy

/u/fags don't deserve to get anything due to how obnoxious they are

Seems like a lot of story possibilities with a Gung ho though kinda dim solider bf type character

Then again I liked when Lois was always trying to trick superman into marriage

Lois is different from most human love interests to me. Very proactive while the others are more passive I guess?

A lot of stories revolved around her (getting kidnapped/gaining super powers/trying to trick superman). Usually "human love interests" tend to be background characters

I guess Carol Ferris was important . She was Hal's boss and occasionally became a super villain

>white
>not Black
Oh muh Black Jesus. Why is DC so racist? I bet they don't even have Vagina Planes too.
*mic drop*

Again with big two doing synergy after the movie has already been released.

You mean we need to make it a Super Sons Trio?

>As for Steve, I don't know, but there's something fundamentally wrong here as well.

No trigger discipline

Nice

My body is fucking ready.

user, I like beards.
Only girly pussies like beardless men.
Hot men with beards give daddy vibes. That's hot. Makes great and manly daddies.

Shirtless Steve is great , keep it coming

Bumpsalot

What you're noticing, user, is two hard to notice problems, small ones, but uncanny for someone who has good visual memory, I guess.

First one is a "problem" of lighting. Notice both cross their legs one between each other? Back to back, like a real, badass pair. There is no shadow in neither of them that fits that posture, and both look like they're apart from each other when they're not. They're touching their hole backs, and Diana's leg and foot is crossing Steve legs below. There is no shadow there because the lasso, probably, but having a soft shadow in the floor doesn't help.

Second "problem" is the legs themselves. Both characters show slightly oversized and too large legs, and tights are as wide as their heads. Probably, it's that way to increase the feel of power and movement, but it is what it is. Also, her head is too small and her arms are to large, too.

It's not a bad drawing: I cannot draw better myself and am totally fine with this cover art: I like it. But I can see where someone else could have issues.

Most art usually has something going on it, specially if it's not heavily referenced.

Now that I see it again, I'm not sure about Diana's head. It may be fine and just be an effect of her arms being in that pose.

Trevbump

Their daughter ended up marrying Hawkman's son, and giving birth to Daniel (Gaiman's Sandman).

>That costume is awful
>The sheer balls to adventure in that monstrosity
I want my 'Errol Flynn' Steve Trevor back.
Patient uncle Steve zen soldier can go suck a dick.

Wonder woman looking good.

Yeah. The way you spell it out like that... I think you've nailed down what was bugging me in the first place.

The problem isn't so much the anatomical deficiencies. Many drawings have little flaws like that and it isn't a problem. In fact, I think the lack of perfection is why we love cartoons in the first place: they depict less and thereby evoke more. Like a good description in a work of literature that gives just enough details for us to imagine the whole.

But the anatomical deficiencies here PLUS the bad use of 3D spacing really throw things off.

You're right: it's the legs. Cut out Steve or Diana and whoever remained might look fine. But their feet connect to the ground in a way that makes them seem to crash into each other. Especially WW's left leg and Steve's right. If they really stood like that, they'd trip and get killed.

I'm not sure shadows would help though. Even if Diana was casting shade on her boyfriend, it'd still look kind of flat. But then again, no one but us art nerds seem to be noticing any of this. So maybe it really doesn't matter.