Do you buy the art books to your favorite animated movies Sup Forums? which ones do you own?

Do you buy the art books to your favorite animated movies Sup Forums? which ones do you own?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=tqlaPttudUc
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Studio_Ghibli_works
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yellow_badge
youtube.com/user/parkablogs/videos
parkablogs.com/content/list-of-art-books-reviewed
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I have the art book for the Book of Life, but that's it. I need more of these.

Zootopia, Moana, Mad Max Fury Road and Rogue One. Also got a bunch for games and might be a couple more movie ones lying around I'm forgetting.

Fallout 4 and Zootopia take my pic for most interesting and well put together 'art of' books out there.

I have the art book for ATLA and an old copy of Disney Animation: The Illusion of Life that my folks gifted to me.

Only the Zootopia book. Would buy more if I wasn't broke, I love this kind of stuff. Interested in buying the Ratatouille art book though.

Oh, and I own this. It's interesting but not worth the price.

>The city is made of Dragon Dildos

Horns my ass, they knew that they were doing

can't unsee
thanks

>world created by a furfag obsessed with bdsm collars

youtube.com/watch?v=tqlaPttudUc

It all adds up!

Any links for artbooks scans would be apreciated.

Anyone own any animation cells? I've always wanted one of Bianca from The Rescuers or Brisby from The Secret of Nimh but they're hard to find, and when you do find some the good ones are insanely expensive.

Only have these four. They're not that expensive, if you know where to look for them.

>Little artic foxes in bikini rubbing all over your body

This is the goal that our science should be investing in

i got the incredibles , monsters university, zootopia and the Godzilla 2014 one also have the pacific rim and some anime artbooks for psg and splatoon

I have a few artbooks even for movies I'm not super fond of just because the concept art's cool.

pretty much this, I love the Hotel Transylvania one but don't care much for the movie
though concept art can also make you mad at what could have been
or you surprisngly find artists you had no idea worked on the movie

like did you know Rebecca Sugar storyboarded for Hotel Transylvania or Thurop Van Orman drew concept art for The Little Prince?

I have the art book to Zootopia, Mass Effect and Pacific Rim. I should get more, but they're expensive.

Judy looks really hot here

The Art of Equestria. Will probably get the movie one, too.

I'd like to own the Zootopia one at some point.

How's the Avatar Artbook? Probably the only Sup Forums related thing I would like. Overall though, art books are a slippery slope and you could buy a bunch once you start to get in the habit.

never heard of those until recently.

i really dig the ones for Rango and Book of Life.

I want a few but

>$250+

Fuck that

what the fuck

Same, though I lucked out with Equestria as it sold out fast. Zootopia was what I waited out though, as my book stores said they sold out and it took months before they restocked.

Other than that, artbooks are a bit too expensive to collect-them-all. I only shelled out for Zootopia because of the "what could have been" stories featured in the documentary, and two more for vidya artbooks.

Search the Zootopia documentary. They have more where those came from.

>ywn really Jordan basketball grip a woman's face

>as it sold out fast
It's still available on Amazon for like half MSRP. I grabbed it a few months after it came out and there didn't seem to be any trouble. Is it a special edition or something?

I know my friend has one of those limited-run, hand-signed copies of the Zootopia book (for example), of which I'm a bit envious.

What makes Fallout 4 interesting though?

Nah, I just have troubles with online, mostly shit customs and stuff that's delivered in shambles or worse so I relied solely on local bookstores and collectors' shops. They mostly prioritize video games and Disney (including Star Wars)/Illumination artbooks far more than Sup Forums or other cartoons.

Or at least the sequel.

Der Mond: The Art of Neon Genesis Evangelion
Art Spiegelman's CO-MIX (that counts right?) (local book store for like $6 or $10AUD)
Watching the Watchmen (same)

Read the how to train your dragon one (library)

>Jewish allegory in a kid's movie

fucking Disney getting more and more cocky

there's not a single sign Disney want to invest in Zootopia franchise.Forget about it.

You forgot to capitalize "there's" and add space between your sentences. I instinctively doubt you, and my hope remains intact.

I own the art books for Treasure Planet and Rise of the Guardians.

And Final Fantasy.

Is the TI one good?

I was gonna say, that one really looks like a prehensile penis.

i have the wreck-it ralph book on top of some anime artbooks

I always buy the art of books They were basically supplemental textbooks for me while I was getting an animation degree since I do character design/visual development.

So far I have:

>Kung Fu Panda 1 &2
>ParaNorman
>Kubo
>Zootopia
>Wreck-it Ralph
>Bolt
>Moana
>Disney Archives Layout and Disney Archives Design
>The Art of Walt Disney (this was a super old book and found it at a library sale for like $2
>The Croods
>Avatar: The Last Airbender, Korra Books 1 and 3

Plus artbooks from animation and concept artists and other art of books from vidya games. I still have a ton on my wishlist that I need to get ordered but I usually try to save them as gift ideas my wife can get me for my b-day/Xmas.

Forgot to add Art of The Boxtrolls to that list.

I have some. Funny thing is I could have sworn I also had the Frozen one...

Goddamn, that's a good Disney shelf.

This she got the 'i know you masturbate thinking of me' look
Not Sup Forums, but i want Hyrule historia

It's probably what I would run in for if my house caught fire.

There's not a single sign Disney want to invest in Zootopia franchise. Forget about it.

Well shit.

Aw, I'm envious of your ability to splurge on Infinity figurines and art books and also sad Infinity is dead now.

>Made over a billion dollareedoos

The day that Jews stop loving money is literally the day Zootopia is dropped by Disney

Wouldn't the Jews be the prey that collared the preds?

I have a lot of the early Pixar ones and they're great, even the Cars one. Full of tidbits about the movie and character design. I proceeded to be disappointed with the Inside Out one, which had a lot less commentary and robbed the drawings of their context.

Remember to report horsefuckers

like that would do anything.

>there's not a single sign Disney want to invest in Zootopia franchise.Forget about it.

Nigger, Disney made sequels for evey shit that they ever owned straight to video or not and still make merch for 50 years old movies, they don't need to show signs

is there one for Feival Goes West? it's my favorite animated movie ever

>Jewish allegory

Preds are black people user

Nah, you can do it all by yourself

24 hours

For free

For 24 hours he gets one report ticket. VPNs would cost money for unlimited reporting and it would probably be detected as report spam.

does anyone have a link to the Ghibli ones? My brother is really into one of those movies so I might as well get print it out as a cool gift
I think it stars a girl, I have no idea

>I think it stars a girl
Good job. You narrowed it down to every Ghibli film ever.

Start here:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Studio_Ghibli_works

Also, just grab him one of the originals on Amazon or something. Odds are, you'll be able to find one for $20-$30.

Here are mine so far

Definitely want to get Princess and the frog next and the Laika ones

Kung Fu Panda 2 and 3, Rango, Book of Life and Kubo. I'd kill for the art book of the first Kung Fu Panda movie, but it's impossible to find nowadays, at least for a decent price.

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yellow_badge

Predators are minorities(Jews,blacks,gays etc.) and prey are the evil white people.

So...are you guys gonna post some scans or not?

SEE THAT MOUNTAIN

could someone upload a few of these? I used to have the one from HTTYD2 for about a year
beautiful painting

>what is google.

>what are books

I have this. It's basically half art book, half encyclopedia of the show. Place I got it from had a bunch of copies on sale for $15.

I don't have much shelf space so I'm trying to avoid buying stuff that I don't necessarily need, but I've still done impulse purchases on a few (Rio, Hotel Transylvania, Korra, and some art books about other than Sup Forums-stuff).

The art books that I have are too big to fit on a scanner. And if you want really good scans, you're often gonna have to damage the book's spine. Plus scanning is pretty tedious to do, anyway.
Considering these factors, what kind of incentive is there for anons to scan their art books for you?

If you're curious about any particular art book, this guy seems to buy tons of them, and he posts pretty helpful reviews+videoclips of them:
youtube.com/user/parkablogs/videos
parkablogs.com/content/list-of-art-books-reviewed

>parkablogs.com/content/list-of-art-books-reviewed
Saving this link for future reference. This seems like a good resource for finding out what is exactly in these books.

>I don't have much shelf space

That sucks man. I'm a bit of a book whore. My Disney/Pixar/Star Wars shelf is up there. This is my other "art of" shelf, with some old Paper Tiger books and stuff also.

I recently moved after over 10 years at my last place, and was mildly shocked at just how many books I had to shift.

I like that Dark Horse has their online store where they sell some art books digitally (mostly vidya-related, they've got for example that Last of Us -book in your picture). I don't mind having these kinds of books on my monitor rather than on my shelf. Takes less physical room to have everything on the computer, and it's easier to occasionally share stuff with others when it's already in a digital form.

the thing with the collars really disturbed me and I'm glad they didn't use that in the movie

Pussy. Nick with collar looks sexy, and shocked Finnick was hilarious.
>"I'm wearing a diaper! BZZZZZ"

Comedy gold. It should be in the movie in some form.

Man, I love those Chronicle Disney books.

Only have Magic: the Gathering art books, nothing Sup Forums related.

>what's a scanner?

me too. i'm never going to be attached to a fictional characters anymore, it was so fucked up.
it spawned creeps like this one and here i thought proffesionals work at Disney.

People disassemble books to scan them all the time, though. You're not going to get random anons scanning stuff in these threads on request, but still, they're out there.

>Fallout 4

too bad about the game

And what the fuck is so bad about the game, friend?

other user here, literally in the documentary there's some chick saying how hard it is not to be a white person and that she teaches her non-white son about white privilege which it followed up after a gay dude admitting just how much privilege he has as a white man.

Collar sub plot shit was all about oppression and shit before they cleaned up their act somewhat because liberal nonsense doesn't sell.

I'd like to see that idea used in the sequel, and for the sequel to be a prequel that focuses on Nick and his childhood/parents and how he ended up where he was when he met Judy.
I felt they went as far as they could with those two in zootopia and to try and go further with any.other adventure would feel forced.

Disney reached a point where they dont have to try anymore.that's why we're getting WiR 2 and Frozen 2.

..all because they couldnt figure out the ending,
according to the user who apparently worked on the movie.

a movie that was just one big accusation.

Depends on what you mean by "try."

Sequels to 3D animated movies are cheaper to make than sequels to 2D animated movies, because you've already done the legwork of modeling, rigging, and proprietary hair/lighting/whatever systems.

>We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.
-Walt Disney.

when he died he took creativity with him

It's pretty cool. Lots of neat information on the development of the series. Neat concept art and backgrounds.
The Korra ones are great too. You get a lot more art, though they lack the same interesting development stories.

and now jews are in charge, brilliant.

I'm just saying, we would've seen a lot more theatrical releases of 2D Disney sequels if it was as financially feasible as these 3D sequels are.

2D vs 3D debate is a can of worms tbhh.

True. Just wanted to comment on sequels specifically, but you're right.

whats thos 4 books all the way to the right ?

Art books only rarely, but I love those 'media tie in books' or whatever. I have Gravity Falls Journal 3 and Star and Marco's Guide to Every Dimension, along with a technicolor horse book or two, and I've been meaning to get something SU for a while.

Looks to be "Walt Disney Animation Studios: The Archive Series."

Off the top of my memory; Zootopia, The Princess and the Frog, Wreck it Ralph, Tangled, Frozen, BH6, Lilo and Stitch (that was a lucky find), Snow White, Rango, Wall-E, Inside Out, Adventure Time, Kiki's Delivery service, The Art and Flair of Mary, Blair and Kubo.

Next on my list are Bambi, Prince of Egypt and Song of the Sea I think.

What's the content of the Art of Megamind like.
Really fond of that film, wouldn't mind knowing more about it's development?