Old Man Logan

How is ANAD Old Man Logan? I enjoyed the original Old Man Logan, and thr Logan movie made me remember how much I'm a sucker for old grizzled versions of heroes.

>inb4 "it's shit"

I don't care if you say it's shit, just give me reasons

It's actually really great and the only place that OML is written well. Every other book he's in, he's basically normal Wolverine.

That's good to hear. I've been debating picking up the trades, but have been on the fence because I don't care for ANAD marvel very much. Can his comic be read on its own, or are there some tie ins I should read?

So far it's been crossover free.

Fantastic. Appreciate the input, user. The quality consistent? I'm already sold on the series, just want to know if there are any cons that I should watch out for.

It's meandering shit with terrible characterization (muh future timeline 99% of the time), repetitive plots (as in he never fucking learns his lesson), no stakes (since we know his efforts to change shit doesn't matter), horrible obsession to do superfluous flashbacks to the future timeline with little meaning, poor structuring, etc. Overall it's a completely forgettable book, and anybody saying the opposite has little to no standards. Sorrentino's art is the only redeeming factor and that alone does not support an otherwise mediocre at best comic. Even Laura's solo book has more going for it, and even that book is rather trite reading experience.

Well good it's getting a new writer who I hear is pretty good.

I appreciate your input, user. But....

>anybody saying the opposite has little to no standards

In other words,

>if you like something that I don't, you're wrong

Your opinion has been disregarded, but your points have been noted.

It's a character study, not an event driven book of shared universe importance. I hate this notion that a book has to be "important" to the grand scheme of things for it to matter. It's just looking deeper into the head of Old Man Logan while having some really stand out art.

It doesn't offer any kind of character study, unless you count going on endlessly about a moot subject like whether or not his future is happening in this timeline like a broken record. To add insult to injury he even forgets his one lesson (that it can't happen) at the end of every arc.

You learn nothing new or intricate about him, or his motivations. He does nothing interesting as an older alternative version of Wolverine. Instead he's just a grey haired, dumbed down version of the real deal who's angry. If anything it's character regression, one that goes literally nowhere. He shows nothing resembling an appealing and multilayered personality, or growth and maturity as a character. The book is nothing but a string of increasingly repetitive cliches and uneventful stories about how he's kinda of a whiny loser. And it's pretty clear that's entirely unintentional, rather than any type of clever theme. It's offensive bad case of wasted potential.

You could have had him be more pacifistic, struggling to care about shit, subtly trying to figure out small ways he might use his potential future knowledge to advance some kind of an agenda, feeling out of place at the X-men, but instead it goes straight to "nope, just gonna try and kill few people, oh wait, can't kill the Hulk since he's dead already, I guess I'm out of options."

And don't get me started on those stupid and inane vampire and brood stories.

Actually bretty good. Art is fantastic and it feels just like a Wolverine story.

Probably the only title I thoroughly enjoy reading from the shitshow that is ANAD

I like it, it's worth a read.

It's honestly not good. The writing is just boring, if you know anything about Lemire, this is a miss.

Are you a retard or do you think repetitive plots and terrible characterization aren't massive flaws in a character drive book? Because a plot driven series can survive with those, but character driven can't.

It's getting a new writer though so hopefully he can fix any problems Lemire has had.

It's going to have art by Deodato. I'd rather punch walls than read a Deodato comic.

OP here. Appreciating all the input, even the autisticly aggressive posts.

At this point for whatever reason he's considered one of Marvel's A-list artists with Land.

the Marvel marketing term is "fan favorite"

>it's a time jump anesthesia episode

Oh thank god, an opinion on girlverine.
Has it entered "decent" territory yet? I put it down when she was getting triggered by internet trolls

It's gotten better, she recently just had an arc fighting Kimura

'bout damned time they killed that completely pointless character off because, honestly, where was that whole thing going?