The Shape of Water, The Disaster Artist, Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri and Lady Bird

The Shape of Water, The Disaster Artist, Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri and Lady Bird.
Which one are you going to see first, Sup Forums?
Or which ones have you already seen?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=lJsMNIdd_z8
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I saw lady bird and billboards over thanksgiving weekend. billboards sucked, lady bird is actually good.

Lady Bird because Saoirse is perfect

>Which one are you going to see first, Sup Forums?
depends on hive-cm8

They are all shit. This board is full of redditards.

I've seen The Disaster Artist and I thought it was pretty good despite half the jokes being "DUDE HE SAID THE LINE LMAO". It was presented by Greg Sestero and he did a short Q&A after. I thought it was interesting how he spoke about Tommy still thinking The Room is a masterpiece even though he embraces the comedy which created its cult success, and the fact that he still wants to be taken seriously as an actor. The movie talks a bunch about Tommy wanting to be the hero of the story but people say they see him as a villain like Dracula. Which begs the question, why has no one cast Tommy in the role of a villain in a major film? I know he's hard to work with but if he's only acting and not directing surely they can just feed him lines, and at this point Tommy would put more asses in the cinema seats than Johnny Depp. I could have seen him as the man in black in an actual faithful Dark Tower adaption.

she has a gross overbite judging from that pic

Whichever one leaks first.

I'll see Shape of Water and Disaster Artist
Don't have any interest in the other two

I saw them all at TIFF. Three Bilboards > Ladybird > Shape of Water > The Disaster Artist, but they're all worthwhile films.

I also saw them all at TIFF, but I would rank them Lady Bird>Three Billboards>Disaster Artist> Shape of Water.
I also disagree that they're all worthwhile films, I thought Shape of Water and Disaster Artist were pretty bad.

I'm seeing Three Billboards tomorrow I think. Shape of Water isn't out yet. I've heard good things but I'm holding off on seeing the other two in theaters. I'll gladly hear an argument for how Lady Bird isn't as woefully generic as it looks in trailers.

It's probably because you have shit taste

I wanna watch all four but I'll probably watch The Disaster Artist first. I'm trying to play catch-up atm.

>likes del taco and james "hack" franco
you're the one with shit taste m8
Next time you're at TIFF try watching some good films instead of mainstream hollywood schlock

You know how I know that you are reddit?
>No The Square
>No The Killing of a...
>No The FUCKING Florida Project
Dude mumblecore and modern ed wood cinema tho LMAO XD!

>dude mumbleslut is my favorite direktor
kys

probably The Disaster Artist because my friend really wants to go and see it.

Billboards was pretty meh desu but Lady Bird was actually really good for how mediocre i was kinda expecting it to be

I chose Billboards over Lady Bird this weekend, did I miss out?

The movie was way more of a downer than I expected. I still enjoyed it, but it dragged in the middle and the ending was pretty dissatisfying but fit with the rest of the tone of the film. All the acting was spot on an I enjoyed watching everyone be a complete asshole the whole movie, but left me wanting more besides endless shit happening. Reminds me too much of life itself ;_;

I saw the Disaster Artist at a test screening in May, I loved it, honestly one of the funniest "mockumentary" style comedies I've seen. It reminded me a lot of Tropic Thunder. It was also full of heart and an honest depiction of Tommy. Its good
>tfw endless hype for shape of water

Probably Disaster Artist because I love that book but also because I live in an area where only wide release movies come out.

These are the frontrunners for the big awards this year right?

Or is some dumb film gonna butt in

She really doesn't.

Disaster Artist and Ladybird look good, although I'll probably check out Three Bilboards because it'll be up for Oscars and all that.

Probably won't bother with The Shape of Water, Del Toro is incredibly creative and has a great eye for visuals, but he has absolutely no skill as a story teller.

TDA and although I've been a Wiseau fan for about a decade now, I'm most excited for shape, but it won't be out until fucking february here

if these are the best films tis year has to offer then 2017 will have been a disaster

The Shape of Water remains to be seen. It got great reviews and got the Golden Lion, but it hasn't had much chatter since. It depends on how its wide release goes. It should get a Best Actress nod for Sally Hawkins at least.

Three Billboards and Lady Bird look like the favourites right now. Call Me By Your Name also.

Disaster Artist should be good for a handful of noms, and should be in contention for winning best Adapted Screenplay.

Put some effort into it.

Fuck Franco and fuck that meme movie.

The Post, a film in the current year about journalism directed by Spielberg and starring Hanks and Streep. Ultimate Oscarbait

PTA's Phantom Thread will also grab some nominations even though I'm not interested in the premise at all

The Post has not come out yet but it may bulldoze in and jump over all these films.

I saw Disaster Artist last week. I'm going to see it again before anything else.

Verdict?

It's great! They leave out a lot of Greg's backstory from then book but this movie isn't about Greg. Franco does a really good job at portraying Tommy. The end credit scene is Tommy played by Franco speaking to a party go-er played by Tommy Wiseau

Have there been rips of Lady Bird yet?

Probably cams

all shit except disaster artist

I haven't seen any of them but I like to pretend to be really elitist on an anonymous image board so I'll claim they're all bad.

Saw Three Billboards and Lady Bird on same day and loved both. Interested in seeing The Disaster Artist because I’m a big fan of the book. Shape of Water doesn’t really do it for me, but I’ll still see it.

Calm down fag. Though I did like The Florida Project. The Square bored me to tears, way less interesting than Force Majeure imo.

But you just admitted to watching mainstream films at tiff, so it is hypocrical for you to demean others for doing as you do.

Big three I think are Dunkirk, Darkest Hour, and Call Me By Your Name right now. We’ll see where CMBYN stands if it wins all the Gothams tonight like Moonlight did last year.

Saw Three Billboards, pretty good, not fantastic.
On the fence about lady bird, coming of age teen girl movies ehhhh. But sersh is waifu
Seeing shape of water next week
Probably see disaster artist at some point
Still wanting to see Florida project but it's far from me

Darkest Hour has gotten somewhat meh reviews in the end, other than Oldman's performance. I'd say it's the frontunner for Best Actor and a contender for Cinematography but out of the running for anything else.

Which are the first awards to really indicate which the big Oscar contenders are?

Sauce?

the guild awards
SAG, WGA, DGA, PGA

>But sersh is waifu
Your opinions have zero meaning.

What is Lady Bird even about? It looks like one of those generic dead-pan slice of life kind of movies with a slightly autistic protagonist.

I'll see what ever comes up on VoD first.

Sounds like you already made up your mind from attempting to be snooty

I actually haven't made up my mind, but those are the vibes I get from the trailers.

The Disaster Artist and the rest can fucking burn!!!FACT!!!

Only one I've seen so far is Shape. Not sure why Franco piss poor attempt at cashing in on a meme film is being put next to the others.

>I haven't seen it
>But I'm claiming it's "piss poor"

>american movies

To be fair the trailer is total garbage

National Board of Review tomorrow might line up as well

One Mexican writer/director and one Irish writer/director.

What’s your country then so we can laugh at your shit films?

european union

Shape of water pls

Im not going to SEE any of them. They all suck by the way.

*country

3 billboards 10/10
Ladybird 8/10

Whichever one gets uploaded online in decent quality first desu.

if that's how you want to define bildungsroman then yes you're spot on

Lady Bird is so delayed here I'll probably catch it as a VOD download first :|

Kinda wanna see 'Disaster Artist' but no one will go with me because all my friends and family despise Franco. 'Florida Project' is playing around here and I could probably drag someone to see that, but I dunno.

all /soycore/

They're not that accurate usually

I've seen lady bird and three billboards. Thought lady bird was great but I can see why the premise would be boring for people. Three billboards annoyed me. The script was so weak and it felt like the whole movie was just setting up dumbass people to get epically owned by frances mcdormand. Weird revengey ending and a sort of bizarre redemption character arc for one of the characters. Kind of confusing motivations from a lot of characters, I dont know, just didn't really feel it.

For movies that OP should have mentioned:
florida project is absolutely incredible, it should win best picture bar none right now. The killing of a sacred deer is good but not for everyone, you should probably be familiar with the directors style before going into it or you might get put off.

That she is, user. That she is.

>immediately notice the queen of spades
I fucking hate this place

Lady Bird was ok, wasn't as good as I was expecting, kind of sick of coming of age movies. 3 Billboards looks interesting, Disaster Artist is retarded meme shit for Redditors and Del Toro is shit so i'm not watching Shape of Water.

Ronan has a sex scene where she keeps her bra on.

The movie sucked.

is she bottomless at least

It's implied but under a sheet. Then shes got her panties back on next shot. I mean it's kinda hot but damn bitch just get nude already

>Who spends their first time on top?

If anyone says anything other than three billboards leave this fucking board. Now.

>The Square bored me to tears
>Lady Bird on same day and loved both
You retarded, son?

>Shape of Water
Director is a sappy bloviating hack. He turns Creature from the Black Lagoon into a faux-whimsical romance with a hint of beastiality and muh evil white military. Critics please clap. He's a 15 year old Hispanic who's so passionate it's racist to stomp on his lazy dreams.

>The Disaster Artist
James Franco dedicating two hours to skewering an idiot gentile filmmaker, along with his normie, homo brother. A movie made for "comedy insiders" and shilled by the JewYork hipsters at A21. Franco is overexposed and aging badly.

>Three Boardboards
From the mind behind In Bruges, always gets a pass. But this has a whiff of (SHW?) Oscar pandering, and his dig-knap movie was a sophomore slump.

>Lady Bird
Yung Greta goes Oy Vey, I'm too talented for Cracker Town, inspiring a phone-generation to be even more entitled. Moving to NYC as an act of rebellion is as cliche as wearing a CBGB shirt and a fedora. Urban Outfitters wallpaper in the year of the Wall.

This.

>CMBYN is best movie of 2017
A pedo movie but set in Europe so it's okay. Kys.

>that le subtle Cannibal Ox poster
>so "aughts"talgia
Greta, get raped.

>pedo

Even in the US a 17 year old dating a 24 year old isn't pedo. The age of consent in most of America is 16.

We all have overbites user
youtube.com/watch?v=lJsMNIdd_z8

>moving to NYC as an act of rebellion

Yes an act that she quickly learns from by the end. She embraces her new life but at the same time learns to love her old home.

Yes, she became a Hollywood "indie" darling, it's not a big surprise how it ends. Or fun to watch. The female "Rushmore" is how it's being sold. Vomit.

its a solid album tho.

It's a solid album, a time capsule, but it's so annoying seeing its poster in a Greta Gerwig movie, it's blatant short hand bait for NY critics to take hook line sinker, especially because a female directed....a film about her angsty growing pains into a hot blonde with something to say!
Lady Bird risks becoming the new Garden State.

neat

Another mediocre year for Oscars?