Angel Grove, I'm MMPR

Angel Grove, I'm MMPR

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.nz/#F!Mp8hVQ7K!tm2cp0d9_GZiZdGaXt1nXw
youtube.com/watch?v=QN9yb_oNtOA
youtube.com/watch?v=ofkJLPdB4os
latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-power-rangers-stabbing-plea-20170316-story.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

good for you

OP, this is not Sup Forums

That's some dry skin and cracked lips.

This is getting some Sentai vibes rather than actual PR.

Looks pretty Sup Forums to me

Give her a break, she's like 80 years old

I really didn't expect to enjoy the PR comic as much as I do. If they're allowed to do other seasons it could end up being the Kamen Rider Spirits of Power Rangers.

I've come for your grand power.

>it's an "/m/ is leaking" episode

I'd honestly be cool with PR and SS being canonically made into separate universes so they could do crossovers.

I know, right? I picked up the first trade last week and loved it, now I can't wait to get the next.

>Kamen Rider Spirits
How is that, by the way? I discovered it after seeing the art book and falling in love with it. I'm determined to get a copy, so long as it's affordable.

This would be neat. Didn't they do a "Powerful" Rangers parody in one series?

well if we're having another Power Rangers thread, might as well share some goodies;

Super Sentai Monster History
mega.nz/#F!Mp8hVQ7K!tm2cp0d9_GZiZdGaXt1nXw

Source me senpai

>Unofficial Sentai Akibaranger

To be fair /m/ needs a good draining

I still don't get this. Anyone who knows sentai exists, knows it came first. The rest of Americans just don't care about Japan.

That's the joke.

I really wish the pre-Zyuranger series would get official NA releases. It's cool that stuff like Dairanger, Kakuranger and the like is getting it but still.

Yeah, but is it making fun of ignorant people who claim Power Rangers came first?

Yo, thanks again for these. I just downloaded the parts I missed in the MMPR storytime thread.

So is the whole series as ridiculous as this?

Define ridiculous

youtube.com/watch?v=QN9yb_oNtOA

Season 1 and 2 where the best thing that happened to /m/ and /super sentai general/ in quite a while

>The Power of Delusion

Some dude on the PR reddit got the movie sequel comic and said the movie spoilers were misleading. That's sort of a relief.

>mfw Black and above won't appear

I wish somebody would for Kamen Rider as well. I've stooped to bootlegs.

Dino thunder beat season

>movie spoilers were misleading.
Tell me more

fucking dumb ass girly one has to have a ponytail which is perfect for grabbing by an enemy, defeats the purpose of the smooth helmets

Wrong. Best Season will forever be Power Rangers in Space

Honestly I'd stop after they get past Zeo. Turbo is retarded, Justin is a faggot, and Adam best ranger gets replaced by a mexican

give it time, we'll probably get them eventually

well I could see someone grabbing the license if the new PR movie does well enough, hopefully it'll be Shout Factory

you're welcome

somebody post the webm of the sentai music squad defeating a giant crab on /wsg/ and link it here please

I need it

I did the same for the first two Super Hero Taisen movies and got lucky. They're fantastic looking, both in terms of picture quality and production.

I'm pretty sure that what I got are just copies of the Japanese DVD release with excellent English subtitles added in. They have this little infomercial at the start of each explaining to kids that they should treat their discs well if they want to be able to watch movies on them, showing a monster coloring, scratching, and getting food on various discs to a little girl's chagrin. I thought that was kind of neat.

What is so good about Power Rangers in space? The faggots on twitch keep saying they are waiting for it during Turbo.

I am someone who stopped watching during the turbo series because I turned 6 and didn't even watch to the point where they switched rangers.

Still would. Even with her 8 kids in the room.

>SO THE RANGERS LIKE THE TWIN TIWERS HUH? WELL, LETS SEE HOW THEY LIKE THEM ONCE MY MONSTER IS DONE WITH THEM , MUSLIMIO ARISE!!!AHAHAHAHAHAHA

*twin towers

Damn it

How was the movie?

She looks like she is trying to get a heroin fix off the camera man.

>tfw what the costs would be

>Tie-in comics
>Ever truly "canon"

Kamen Rider Spirits is really neat in that it tries to explain stuff about the Showa Rider shows like Riderman in Tahiti, why they pose, and why the Great Leader keeps coming back. It also expands on stuff about ZX. The only downside is not much of it is translated.

>So is the whole series as ridiculous as this?

oh darling, you don't know the half of it.

So...uh did the rangers succesfully defend the towers in the pr universe?

If it makes you feel better the Kuuga manga has got you covered if you wanted the Heisei version of Spirits the only downsides are it's not translated and it's written by Inoue.

Great writing. Great villians. Great arcs. Great ratings.

Literally saved Power Rangers from cancellation

Bitch there's a live stream marathoning all the Power Rangers series on Twitch right now and there currently on Turbo, so stomach that season and wait until Space.

No, Ransik blew them up in his initial attack after coming back from the future. There were no active teams to stop him until Time Force got their morphers unlocked.

Bleeding Cool said that a ranger dies. But in the comic all five are alive, so it's probably referring to the team Rita killed in the past

Lightspeed Rescue and the Space Rangers (unless they were off-planet) were both on Earth and hadn't lost their powers, why didn't they do anything?

Lightspeed Rescue hadn't lost the morphers but their entire base was fucked after the finale, as were all of their zords. They probably had no means of getting there in time to stop Ransik given their town is confirmed to be on the west coast.

Space Rangers were likely travelling around with Andros off-world like you suggested.

That sounds like the Hibiki episode of Kamen Rider Decade.
youtube.com/watch?v=ofkJLPdB4os

Decade was a fucking weird series of Kamen Rider. It took W to tone down on the weirdness.

Also if you given the chance of bring Kamen Rider to the west and succeed of making it a hit, what series would you do?

It looks about as easy to grab as those gun holsters they all have.

Also I'm pretty sure the purpose of the smooth helmets is to protect their heads from impact and hide their faces.

>Ransik
>Not based Zedd

You need to get your shit together pal

They already tried once Black and it didn't take. The series is WAY too Japanese now to even be able to get a Saban traetment

Ransik was the only active villain in 2001, Zedd was purified 3 years earlier

Where was the good boy Zedd in the magic power rangers series?

I'd probably go with Faiz and slap it on the CW, it has as much drama as a show on that network anyway. The only issue would be the footage and how old it is.

According to the Super Legends game, motherfucker was so evil that he overcame zordons purified wave, went back to the past and created himself

That was part of an arc where history kept changing, pushing the cast into various alternate universes. One such universe was a world where Super Sentai was an adaptation of the american "Powerful" Rangers.

The protagonists, who are major Sentai fans and decided to start their own "unofficial" Sentai team, are naturally horrified by this.

>Pros
Tommy's inclusion is actually questioned
Zord action has been great
Lord Drakkon

Ranger Sentries

So far is having a great job fleshing out the cast
Fucking amazing cover art

>Cons
Most original monsters look generic and dull
AU Rita's method of taking over Earth risks looking more dated than the MMPR 90's tropes

I like it

The climax was hype
It was the culmination of the character development of the real stars of the show since season 1

I just discovered that Viz is translating the current Ultraman manga (which I'd also love some opinions on, since I've just started the first Ultraman series on DVD), so maybe we'll someday get that as well.

latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-power-rangers-stabbing-plea-20170316-story.html

This was a bit surprising to hear about, it isn't from the original MMPR but it's still weird.

Most of the Showa-era series have good (or at least serviceable) subs now at least.

To be fair MMPR is retarded as hell, and I say this as someone that grew up watching it and has thick nostalgia goggles for it. Yet these comics have made MMPR fucking good. Imagine a season that's just flat out bad, like Turbo for example, getting this treatment and made into someone good?

Hell I don't even like Turbo that much but I'd still rank it over MMPR, only reason people rank MMPR as high as they do is due to both nostalgia and it being first.

The Ultraman fans I know who have read it say it's great, go pick it up.

Take Fourze and just straight dub it.

Show it on Toonami and promote the fact it's got the same writer as Kill La Kill.

>Ransik blew them up in his initial attack after coming back from the future.

Really or are you just memeing? I honestly don't remember much about Time Force.

You mean Black RX
And J
And ZO

Then they tried again with Ryuki

Gaim and have it promote health eating habits

so fucking juicy

I would honestly love it if they aired Gaim and promoted it like it was a wholesome Saturday morning kids show about teaching kids to eat more fruit.

>They already tried once Black and it didn't take.
But wasn't that because Saban's take was terrible? I mean Ferbus alone...

Speaking of which, what is with Saban's obsession with inserting poorly made midget aliens into their adaptations?

Awesome. The art looks incredible and caught my interest along with being a legacy story and direct sequel to the original series, so I don't have to watch every Ultraman to know what's going on.

I could get behind that.

Daily reminder that Adam and Bulk both work on mightymagiswords

Silver Ranger and awesome music. My most vivid memory of PR is Goldar playing cards in a saloon on a wild west world or some shit.

That and the Dragonzord ripping off that candy cane looking factory pipe and eating it in MMPR.

GO POWER RANGERS GOOOOOOOOO. IN SPACE!

If I take off those masks, will you die?

Their costumes will never stop bothering me because slapping the white and blue onto the Red Ranger perfectly mimics the Flag, but it clashes on Green.
They should have made his belt and neck covered in Gold $ signs instead.

Speaking of Bulk, that reminds me I was watching Megas XLR and you can probably guess where I'm going with this with the various mecha, sentai and mahou shoujo references wondered if Jamie and Coop were inspired by/meant to be alt version of Bulk and Skull.

>That and the Dragonzord ripping off that candy cane looking factory pipe and eating it in MMPR.
I just saw that scene watching the GWE DVD last night.

>tfw the original pink ranger hates the fact that she was a power ranger and actively gets mad whenever people bring it up around her

Why can't they all be as cool as Adam

I would unironically read an unapologetic gritty, 90's X-men comic book take on Power Rangers where they play the concept completely straight.

who do they voice?

Interesting line of thought, but they're probably just the classic Thin and Fat Duo as far back as at least Abbot and Costello.

Didn't she get over it?

it would be extremely morphinominal

JDF convinced her to don the costume as part of a fundraiser for some movie she was making, which led to video of her running all over her back yard whooping and giggling in a new Pink Ranger suit, yelling "No, I won't take it off! You can't make me!"

You're a mighty guy.