Reboot Hey Arnold for today's audience

Reboot Hey Arnold for today's audience.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=HcxJpslyIO8
archiveofourown.org/works/7838134
archiveofourown.org/works/10190687
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>hey Mark we need you to market test the idea of a Hey Arnold reboot but we don't want to spend a lot of money on marketing or R&D
>I have an idea I can crowdsource ideas on Sup Forums, it worked for Gravity Falls so it can work for us
I hate you

-Hey Arnold, but everyone has smart phones.
-Eugene is openly homosexual.

Make Arnold a transgender. He already has the skirt for it.

make it more like Kids
youtube.com/watch?v=HcxJpslyIO8

Every episode is 11 minutes of somebody in the cast whining about something on the internet. Every episode is something new, and each character's personalities cause them to whine about a wide range of topics and events.

>not mr. simmons

It'd be nice if they didn't have to dodge censorship with him.

If the poison expired years ago then it wouldn't be too potent.

fuck you, you don't tell me what to do

It'd pretty much be the same show, but with more mobile long-distant communication and probably an episode about online bullying

Rhonda would be a hipster, Phoebe would be a huge sjw, and Harold would be one of those faggots who promotes haes.

what if hey arnold still on the air

what if stoop kid had smartphone

Do it like Riverdale.

Helga has a split personality that's like her sister, Arnold is fucking Mr. Simmons, Sid is murdered by Lila, Rhonda just makes a bunch of movie references and makes out with Helga.

This is what the youth of today want to see on television.

everyone is a nigger and the villian is white

Fuck a full reboot but have's a fanfic-tier episode anyway:
>Eugene's so frail because he's raised by an overbearing single mother
>every appearance he's made outside of school has simply been him sneaking out of the house
>Eugene's mother finds out and thinks Arnold & friends are part of some gang
>from then on, mother refuses to let Eugene even leave the house
>Arnold & co show up to try and prove that they're not bad people
>Eugene's mom just calls the police on them
>Eugene is homeschooled forever
>there is no happy ending

Ill be honest, when it comes to fanfics that are at this calibre, I would love to watch a canon 45 minute special of this

Just bring back MTV's downtown with younger characters

Arnold is now a lot stronger.

>crowdsource ideas on Sup Forums, it worked for Gravity Falls

Wait what?

That's just Eddie's back story from IT

Why ask us? Craig Barlett is already doing that.

Everyone has a smartphone
Mr. Simmons is openly gay
Big Bob mostly sells cell phones, still has one or two beepers in his store out of stubbornness
Olga is the same but always jittery from too much caffiene
No memes are brought up except for their version of Florida Man

Eugene has a Dad though, and he's also a big Jinx.

Okay.

Good job catching the joke pal

who gets RAPED?

Arnold is a proud transgender gender fluid protodyke fat beautiful otherkin with 15 different headmates.

Everyone else is as well.

All characters cry over everything because that shows feelings or some shit. Crying happens at the drop of a hat. In fact, if a character's eyes aren't perpetually moist they are being drawn wrong.

>Eugene has a Dad though, and he's also a big Jinx.
Eugene's dad died in a hilariously tragic incident which led the mom to become overbearing towards Eugene.

haes?

So everyone gets AIDS and shit?

It's exactly the same show, but update the technology a little. For example, Bob sells cell phones now.

>That episode where Harold joins the Meat Store

That episode today would be spongebob boating school tier and you know it

>Helga's family issues

>Her dad ignores her

>Her Mom is a subtle alcoholic

>Her sister is adored by her Parents but she secretly just wants to be best friends with Helga but her Bias from her parents makes it impossible

Actually, the censorship was for the best. His homosexuality wasn't the only defining thing about him. He just happen to be it.

one trans
one gay boy
one lesbian
one muslim
one white boy that everyone mocks from being white

you are welcome

arnol get ipad

Well LGBTism is becoming more prominent in children's shows so...

>Olga is the same but always jittery from too much caffiene

How would you even tell?

22 minutes of Lila whispering sweet things into your ear.

The same show, but created digitally.

>except for their version of Florida man

Yesssss

>people on this board actually believe kid's cartoons are turning into this

Why does nearly every Hey Arnold! thread start with that one image?

t. tumblr

>slight bust on helga
I love it

Why would I?

They did, It's called Clarence

>people pretend they aren't
The only difference between diversity today and diversity 20 years ago is that the applicant pool is larger. Unfortunately this means that staple "diverse" characters from the old days are being forgotten. Rest in peace blind people, deaf people, wheelchair-bound people, and Native Americans.

it's a good image

>one gay boy

So, make everyone a sex obsessed psychopath?

Make it like Boondocks

wot

Agreed

Clarence isn't the same show as Arnold, but the two are fairly close.

Its called Steven Universe

>Episode 12: Eugene is struggling with letting everyone know his sexuality, he cannot sleep or eat and Arnold is becoming concerned about him. Only to find out that he is actually gay. Arnold helps him feel better and come out to the class the next day and he is not made fun of but celebrated by the whole class.

>Episode 16: The new girl Fatima moves to Bartlett from Iran and is very shy because she is Muslim and wears a hijab covering her hair. Some of the kids make fun of her at first while others are terrified of her possibly being a terrorist.

>Episode 19: Arnold stumbles upon what he thought was an abandoned apartment but turned out to be inhabited by Gushy Gams, a trans woman who has lived in hiding for 14 years in fear of resentment from the neighborhood. Arnold convinces her to come out of her apartment and see all Bartlett has to offer. The neighborhood folks are turned off at first but Arnold and Gerald dress up in drag to make him feel more welcome. Soon they learn that Grandpa was also trans back in the day before he had to hide it because of horrible society of his day.

>Episode 23: Phoebe has a friend on skype that she talks to every day. One day her online pal wants to meet her irl, Phoebe agrees to meet her in a dark and strange side of town alone.

Everyone's either gay/bi, disabled or has one of those made-up diseases like aspergers

No, steven universe is a reboot of King of the Hill.

I went to high school with the girl who drew this fanart, btw

is this how kids spent their childhood?
jesus christ and I was sitting in front of the computer and tv all my childhood
what I did miss...

>That episode where Harold is only a bully because of his abusive home life with his Trump-supporting parents

Clarence is Recess with Down's Syndrome.

Guess Wolfgang is Bowers then.
>"You fucked up big time. So I'm going to carve my name intro your stomach, football head."
>everyone laughed but for Wolfgang who thrust his knife, watching with morbid sastifaction as the blood slowly ran down Arnold's body.
>the laughter died in a flash after Arnold cried in pain.

Didn't Hey Arnold have all of those except NA?

>everyone has smartphones, laptops, tech is updated, etc.
>fashion is still the same because thriftcore is hip
>episodes tackle issues such as identity politics, racism, current events
>celebrity characters are all famous musicians and actors from the 90s
>arnold runs the boarding house, flip a coin for which ever grandparent is still alive

>Gerald gets shot by the police by accident
>Arnold stages a protest
>Gerald is cool with it and understands it was an accident
>Everyone is mad that Gerald isn't mad
>Eugene accidentally squirts a cop at the protest with Ketchup after grabbing a hot dog
>Other cop sees the red and thinks he got shot
>SHOTS FIRED
>Eugene dies
>No one cares

Skirts defenitely suit her.
Phoebe is cute!
Also, budding breasts on Helga

One gay boy

There can be a Muslim kid, they just need to not be one of those tired-ass, thrown-in-to-teach-a-lesson characters.
Even when the show addressed things like Harold's Judaism, they treated it with respect and reverence apart from the kids stealing Harold's yarmulke. But that's how they always act so it's funny. Harold steals a ham and his Rabbi is like "Hey, stealing is bad also you're Jewish, you can't eat that anyway." It stems from Harold's already established traits of always being hungry and just being a dumb, thoughtless kid.
Even growing up, I felt really talked down to when they made a Muslim character for the sole purpose of being just Muslim. Like they did with whatsherface on Proud Family. Harold was a fully fleshed out character with a personality, different arcs, and he wasn't just there to be the Jewish kid.
If there's gonna be a Muslim kid, they should just be a kid. A kid who stands out on their own, has their own quirks, and bounces well off the characters. Make Fatima a rebel or a bully. A compulsive liar, a copy-cat, someone who insults others when they try to get close to her. The lessons you get from her shouldn't be solely about her religion but about her actions, just like everyone else on the show.

Yeah user you're gonna have to explain this

I can't remember Helga being deaf.

Hear.
Hear.

I think any of these would do

archiveofourown.org/works/7838134

archiveofourown.org/works/10190687

Ideas for GF came from Tumblr but it's largely assumed the story boarders browsed the generals here and stole ideas as the show went on.

>heavy sex - Arnold fucks helga
>as someone said,y'all get 2013 smartphones (S3)

user I think you have internalized islamophobia

Are you suggesting that teenagers these days have more sex than teenagers when you were a kid. Because studies very much show the opposite is true. You just missed out.