Slott Spider-Epic Pt. 21

Starting with the Superior SPider-Man Annual #2 and then continuing on with more Slott.

Heading back home now!!!

Fuck off cuck

Just got here, whose the scalie lady?

Are we going to hit the last issue of superior? And get that juicy moment?

That's Carlie Cooper. Former Spidey GF and Police Forensics Person (I think)

Absolutely.

Why is it that every time villains tear up downtown or rob banks the police are powerless to stop them, yet whenever a hero goes rogue they start pulling out all the stops using every resources at their disposal. It makes no sense

And now Peter's come full circle.

While I do like this page, I'm still not quite certain how Peter got his memories back.

>I've done bridges. This time I thought I'd go with tunnels.
Wow

Aww snap.

Its kind of a paradox; as Spider-man was dying he got Ock to relive all his memories to understand that power and responsibility etc. Ock erased all of Peter's memories, but Ock still had the memory of Peter giving him all of his memories, so.. y'know. Its bullshit, but a lot of it is bullshit.

I'm trying to catch up, trying to look at thread 4. Desu archive is being unco-operative, better options?

>So much fun

>Shut up!
I know I shouldn't have but this got me to laugh really hard.

I like the version of Ock in these storylines where he realized he was trash and needs to either be better or acknowledge that Peter was better.

I love this page.

I've been dragging my ass when it comes to uploading things online so I'll continue tomorrow.

Desu tends to do that. There's nothing you can do but wait or download it yourself

Shame it didn't happen more often. He ranged from self reflective and guilt ridden, motivated to be better to
>I see everything in this city! Everything!
>That is my power! And my responsibility--
>To watch over and judge you all!

>Sheds a tear for Spock.
I hate you, Peter.

That's why I liked Superior Team-Up and the like so much. They really had him open his eyes, from the very first issue, to how shitty he was.

AND HE'S BACK LADIES AND GENTLEMEN!! Spock's wild ride ends in the next issue....for now.

Maybe Ock can get Anna to fall for him now that he has a new sexy body.

Welcom back, OP.

Are you planning to accomodate any of the other spidey-senpai books that ran a long side this?

If not do you mind giving the run down on which series you've read and enjoyed?

Thanks, man, soldier on.

I plan on doing Spider-Man 2099 accompanying

He wasn't trash, he could honestly handle some situations better than Peter, but Osborn sure as hell wasn't one of them.

Then again Peter couldn't deal with Osborn either in the past numerous times. Osborn being wary of true Peter at the end here and going "oh no, only you can beat me, my true rival"(sorta) seems like an odd interpretation in order to wank Peter and Osborn. I remember a time Osborn had Peter locked up in a basement for a few weeks and put Flash in a coma. Peter never deals with Osborn that well. Osborn's plans were a lot more simple in the past as well. "I'll kidnap a girl and throw her off a bridge in front of Spider-man", short and simple. Hard part about Osborn is that he's a dick about it, he makes it personal each time.

This story also ends on a cliffhanger that seems entirely forgotten later.

I meant he was trash back when he was Doc Ock himself, not Spider-man.

I plan on finishing the last bit of Superior Team Up, then I'm going to finish up Scarlet Spider. Afterward I'm going to start Slott's Volume 2 (including the learning to crawl -- not sure about all Spider-Verse tie ins but I'm working on it) and Spider-Man 2099 (both series). Then I'll go to Amazing Spider-Man 3 and then Clone Conspiracy.

In terms of series I've read and enjoyed, I've read most in depth and some of the more boring arcs in passing. All in all, here are my thoughts.

>Amazing Spider-Man Vol. 1 (Slott)
Definitely does not hold up as well as I hoped it would it's still far from terrible.

>Avenging Spider-Man (1-15)
A range of mediocre to good stories with a wide range of artists and writers.

>Avenging Spider-Man (15.1+)
The stronger half of the series.

>Superior Team UP
A fantastic continuation of Yost's work on Avenging.

>Scarlet Spider
Did I mention how awesome Yost is? He was also a produce on Earth's mightiest heroes.

>Superior Spider-Man
I'd argue one of the high points in Slott's entire catalog. It's stupid fun.

>Avenging Vol. 2
VERY UNDERWHELMING! Spider-Verse was stupid fun but this series definitely shows that Slott is running low on ideas.
>Venom (Remender)
Because of this series, if I ever get to choose and Avengers roster I'm putting him.

>Venom (Bunn)
Nowhere near on Remender's level but still a decent set of issues.

>Spider-Man 2099 (David)
I thought it would be terrible, and then I got one of the best Spider-Man stories ever.

>AMazing Spider-Man Vol. 3
I'm still forming an opinion.

See, as someone who didn't really like Superior because of how stupid everyone else acted, another reason I don't like it is that all this character development that we went through here is gone. Current Otto/Superior Octopus only has his memories up to the crossover with 2099 (and Spider-verse).

>Spider-Man 2099 (David)
>I thought it would be terrible, and then I got one of the best Spider-Man stories ever.
Peter David is great.

>That sounds just stupid enough to be right.

Miguel in a nutshell. And I love him for it.

Shit. You're right.

Which cover came first?

This little kid needs a bully.

Lot of consequences are hand-waves in one panel in this issue I'm noticing

Also every time I see Phil I remember how much they ruined him just to gain a one dimensional villain. They could have made him evil Peter Parker or something, since his backstory is the same even to the point of both having an Uncle Ben and power out of nowhere, except no one died for Phil to teach him regret. He started out being something between hero or villain, more neutral when it comes down to it but still wanted to protect some people around him.

But instead they just kinda made him, not so much.

The most glorious one panel hand wave has yet to come. Also Liz Allen is a milf

Probably one of the top five pages out of all of Slott's issues.

This is probably one of the worst pages of Slott's run bar none.

I am so glad Norman managed to get away. And the fact that he's not crazy now will make him a new monster entirely. I do wonder if he still has the Goblin fetish now that he's not crazy anymore

Yep. Not to mention Miguel is standing right there. How did he let a non powered Norman Osborn get away?

>We're supposed to go "OMG he said [No One Dies] again, squee so cool, Slott. So Cool, classic Spider-man, that's his catchphrase now"

It was shit at the time its shit now. I know he's trying to draw a parallel back trying to make this iconic for him, its supposed to make us feel relieved like he's really back saying his iconic line, its shit.

Slott, that is not a good line. Stop using it, it was bad ever since Massacre when you started doing it. It won't catch on, he's not Batman.

I can't believe that Slott couldn't think of a better way for Osborn to get away.

And before anybody says anything, I think I had spoilered all of the last pages initially and then decided to unspoiler and I guess I forgot a couple.

>How did he let a non powered Norman Osborn get away?
Too busy checking out Ms. Allen to notice.

I think so many comic writers go "lol its just comics, stop taking it seriously" to excuse to shittiest of writing they can pull off each time.

There are non shit comics with decent writing, those are the ones remembered. Not shit like X-men vs Inhumans which is just a cash in. Have shit planned out especially with the climax so readers aren't just annoyed. It takes everyone out of the experience. The point of stories is to create a fiction that draws people in long enough for them to believe it for a bit.