Characters like Mantis from Guardians of the Galaxy and Maz Kanata from Force Awakens are distinctly "asian coded"...

Characters like Mantis from Guardians of the Galaxy and Maz Kanata from Force Awakens are distinctly "asian coded" characters. That is, even though they're aliens in-universe, they're clearly stereotypically asian. My main question is, are there any "black coded" characters in modern superhero/scifi movies?
Also, how about characters coded with other races/nationalities?
How extreme are those stereotypes?

My breasts... megassa squeeze them!

>My main question is, are there any "black coded" characters in modern superhero/scifi movies?
Jar Jar Binks is a nigger

The fucking aliens from Episode one - the 'Japanese' ones

The alien on the left here is a total gook.

Also, Lucas had another black pilot that died in a crash.

I have never seen or heard a black person talk like Jar Jar Binks. Not even when trying to do an impression.

Brutish CGI aliens sometimes have Black accents if they're supposed to be a badass.

It's because Jar Jar Binks is a black man during the days of the Atlantic Slave Trade, dumbass. Learn your history. Also, ever heard of Ebonics?

Any examples? (checked)

>Asks this when Zoe Saldana is on the fucking same movie...
I think is time to go back OP.

Stereotypes only reflect cultural and ethnic statistic realities.

The gold aliens were obviously white

Who were they supposed to represent?

Gamora has a pretty generic personality though.

Based Lucas.

yes

That honestly didn't occur to me. Gamorrah's character struck me as belligerent and unpleasant, but not racialized.

They also had that "british accents to make them sound snooty" thing going on.

Orcs from lotr

That twin robots from Transformers

Rhinos in animated films.

Klingons I guess.
Any outwardly aggressive, physically imposing, tribal warrior race.

Ha ha golden.

You can't get comments like this anywhere else, it's why I moved here.

This. The Transformers movies have good examples of black CGI aliens.

He's a thinly veiled Rastafarian/Carribean stereotype, not really a typical American black person like you usually see in movies.

YOU HAVE TO GO BACK

Her eyes are disgusting.

Her nose is pathetic.

She's a weak and useless looking person overall.

I didn't read your post, but can we get her boobies up in here?

Godzilla.

Hello Drax

Jazz from the first transformers movie.

mean

What did Rowling mean by this?

making mantis east asian was a really dumb decision. east asians are incapable of real human emotions.

those nigger robots from transformers that Sup Forums posts

>Maz Kanata
>Asian
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAAHAHHAHA

>are there any "black coded" characters in modern superhero/scifi movies?
Killer Croc in Suicide Squad

Spotted the white piggu. I'm dating a white guy. Mad?

Upper class whites more precisely.

mantis is "asian-coded" in the sense that the actress is clearly asian or half-asian, sure i guess?

if you think asian when you see a non-human looking CGI yoda thing though though that's mostly on you. that holds even less water than all those people who accused Jar-Jar Binks of being racist against black people. at least in that case the actor was black

i see it

I can see how a rastafarian design may have been their starting point, but Jar Jar's character feels different enough to be his own thing

I feel like that was the point. Her character is bad at socialization but has empathy based superpowers. Making her an east asian stereotype helped play up her social disability/foreignness.

And bulls.

i cant unsee harvey weinstein there anymore.

that doesn't invalidate what i said.

>squinty eyed
>funny glasses
>literally yellow
>very honorabah ancient wisdom
>gives main charatcer a space katana from her collection of antiques

Faggot.

That she, like pretty much everyone, has a natural dislike and distrust of jews, that slips into her creative works without her knowing, a dislike and distrust she publicly suppresses because it's not vogue.

Yes! That's a good one. Croc usually has a cajun style to his character, though not necessarily black.

Isnt that actress just about the same level of JUST in her life as keanu?

>attractive female
>JUST

By JUST in her life I mean what happened to keanu where many dear people in their lives died.

Godzilla is as asian coded as King Kong is American coded - wait fuck you may have a point

>nobody remembers autobot jazz

nigga died sacrificing his life so the humans could escape

How the fuck is Maz Kanata asian coded? Shes more like an old black grandma. I mean shes was even voiced by Lupita.

Jazz, Mudflap and Skids definitely qualify. I remember some racial complaints about those characters when those movies came out, but they weren't particularly popular complaints if I remember right. It's also interesting that transformers is so high--grossing in spite of including possibly controversial stereotypes. Would those same complaints gain more traction if those movies were released today?

nigga died for no reason

The black woman in guardians of the galaxy was painted green because Chinese dont like seeing black people

nigga died a fuckin hero, show some respect

Was he the one who got torn in half? Or was that a Rhinox-type character in the second movie? I didn't even remember Jazz existed until after the movie when other people were talking about him, and he's been irrelevant ever since.

oy vey oy vey

Good. I don't like seeing niggers either.

t. Hispanic

Does anyone besides white women?

I'm sorry, but what kind of asian coded? I mean Chinese or Japanese or what? Do Koreans see Maz Kanata and see themselves or do they super pissed at how Japanese she looks and want to kill her for raping their ancestors?

the gungans are jamaican/generic caribbean islanders

In the comics she is LITERALLY a Vietnamese whore who learned kung fu then turned into a bug girl after fucking some alien

Are you retarded? He's clearly a spic.

>implying the common american perspective on asian cultures is nuanced enough for such things
See for the speedy summary

Futurama has loads of examples.

>implying white women like niggers
lol found the kike. Into the oven you go