derivative-calculator.
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Product rule you brainlet.

>Sup Forums

Idris Elba

>see "e"
>L M A O how do I do dis
stop asking for help with your homework

jut type derivative calculator in google, there will be some links where it shows step by step i think

the answer is dubs

do it yourself or you're going to hit a point where you're really fucked because you never learned your shit
t. went up to calc 3 and learned nothing and then had to bust my ass stupid hard to avoid wasting 8 grand

can math actually be "hard" or is it just a matter of how much you payed attention in class?

Math is for losers

I forget, but like most math, figure out what rules apply to it, break it into pieces, and solve it in parts.

T H I S
H
I
S

I’m in pre calc and I want to kill myself. Fuck all this shit. Last math class I have to take tho

ask your janitor

Certain concepts can be quite complex but majority of math is certainly doable

how important is calc in computer science?

If you've never done formal proofs, you do not yet know pain

lol

Use a TI-89

the 3 'x-1's cancel out leaving 2 squared over 2 e. do the math, faggot

>R+3 d d !+T/You

Any monkey can solve a problem if they're given all the variables. Any difficulty in math comes from being able to create the function you need to solve in the first place.

nice. subtle.

I had a math prof literally quote that well almost: "Imagine Newton's pain." I can't really, never did upper level college math.

>payed attention
yup, that's all it is. anyone can learn it

Wolfram Alpha

just look up the chain rule for deriving, that's all you need to solve it. it's not hard, just takes time

You spent 8 grand for calc. Why not learnt it for free from MIT OCW or Something?

Math is actually quite racist, I mean like literally Hitler racist. They are going to stop teaching it soon and I'm glad.

take a (you)

@90808076 (OP)

I don't know.

>tfw have to learn proofs for shitty undergrad science course

Fucking why. I don't care. I just want to build cool shit and do experiments.

first derive 2x^2-4x+2/2x-1 multiply that with e^1/(x-1) then add the derivative of e^1(x-1) multiplied by 2x^2-4x+2/2x-1

I don't fucking remember. Still can't believe I managed to graduate undergrad with a minor in mathematics.

derivative-calculator. net/

f' = (2(x-1)e^(1/(x-1)))(2x-1)^-1)(2-2(2x-1)^-1*(x-1)-(x-1)^-2)
not gonna do the second

series of chain rule and product rule
then simplify at the end
anytime you're dealing with a fraction, rewrite the denominator to a negative power as it makes a lot easier to handle

If you ever have to do proofs or something that actually requires you to think, it can be tricky
For most people, all the math courses they're likely to take are piss easy and can be passed by rote memorization alone

How did I ever do this shit?

>anytime you're dealing with a fraction, rewrite the denominator to a negative power as it makes a lot easier to handle
quotient rule is way easier in some instances, like the one in the OP for example

Nobody remembers this kind of shit if you don't practice it for a while. I finished my CE major I don't remember shit either.

>How did I ever computed some shit using straightforward rules
yes it's impressive that you have done anything.

How good are the MIT OCW courses? I am planning a re learning math and lot of people seem to recommend them

Learn to love math. If there's anything I've learnt from my years of failure in college and work, it's guys who have are good at math especially shit like calc,linear algebra, Statistics and prob, Discrete math, etc... Who earn the big bucks.

Substitution. Set u = x-1.
It becomes 2(u^2)/2u * e^(1/u)
Then you can cancel the quotient, so you get u*e(1/u) (assuming u is never 0).
Then apply product rule to find d/du and so on.
When you're done don't forget to substitute x-1 back into u.

meh, there's more steps in quotient rule although it may eliminate some of the simplifying you do at the end

i find i do problems faster using product rule and then doing the braindead factoring/adding subtracting at the end for simplification

>It becomes 2(u^2)/2u * e^(1/u)
But that's wrong you fucking idiot. If you're making u = x -1, then 2u is 2x - 2, not 2x - 1

I don't hate math and I feel like I do well for where I'm at. I just don't have any keen interest in exploring the theoretical or rigorous side.

It's just a tool I want to use for more practical things. I don't understand why I have to focus so much on proofs and the like, when it's probably irrelevant for my future.

PEMDAS

lmao
fucking freshmen man
they pass calc 1 and think they're wiz's
they've yet to experience the crippling depression and anxiety of 2nd/3rd year

>bitching about 2nd/3rd year
>not the years after you graduate only to realise you just wasted your time on a useless degree
Children, all of you

what useless degree are we talking

Home economics

Engineering

Finance

>Set u = x-1
>2x-1 becomes 2u

I cleared most of my math exams either by cheating or rote learning and even I am not dumb enough to make this mistake.

>over analyzing everything
I bet you're just the life of the party.