ITT: writers that are completely up their own ass

ITT: writers that are completely up their own ass

Pic related

Alan Moore isn't up his own ass he's just a genuinely insane wizard who doesn't take anything as seriously as news outlets would have you believe.

>inb4 the MIDF

Agreed, he's brilliant. As a writer myself, Moore has a sense of play, natural acuity and ability to speak through characters that I envy.

I would not disagree if you called him a lazy writer or a thief; but he is elegantly lazy, and a masterfully careful and efficient thief. These are the marks of a great artist.

>Said that he is still in good terms with everyone who works for the industry (except Moorison for personal reasons)
>Like to trigger manchild-loosers in the internet with shady comments and sayng weird wacky shit about magic that he is never really serious about
>Does his shit
>Just made a edgy Family Guy tier parody of Harry Potter and fags are still going "What did he mean by this?"

Where the hairy guy touched you, user?

Rasputin?

That's an impressive amount of hair for his age

I agree with him to a small extent.

>except Moorison
And Dave Gibbons

Kirkman

This. He's just a crazy comics wizard.

And Steve Bissette? I think?

Indeed.

>he's brilliant.
Stopped reading right there.

that's not a pic of bendis, grant morrison, or dave sim, OP.

Hackman, Waid, Spencer, Lobdell, Liefeld, Casey, Remender, BKV, Graham, Ellis

Spencer, Waid, and Casey for sure. All three of those guys are 100% sure their shit don't stink.

Don't know about Hickman, Lobdell, Remender, BKV, or Ellis

Graham just has his own tastes and speaks his mind, he even trashes Image.

Liefled gives himself way too much credit for Deadpool, everything that made that character a hit was after he left Marvel. Other than that he mostly seems to laugh along with the punches

The whole British invasion teams. (well the first and second wave.)

Jamie Delano was chill though and Peter Milligan is okay.

the only ass Neil Gaiman is up is Amanda Palmer's and sometimes Stoya's

To be fair, Gaiman seems like such a nice guy.
and who wouldn't want to be up stoya?

>Remender
not even close.

>Ellis
he's not up his ass, he just has a short attention span and does a half assed job because he knows he can get awa with it

>british invasion

moore, gaiman and mike carey are good writers. the fuck is wrong with you.

most if not all of the first wave BI writers are good, that doesn't preclude them from getting up their own ass sometimes

You can be a good writer and up your own arse.

Just look at David Wallace. He was a good novelist but a complete tool who thought he was the second coming.

the fact that is it possible to be a good writer and be up one's own ass is not proof that gaiman, more or mike carey are up their own ass. just because it's possible doesn't mean it is happening

saying they're good writers is a non sequitur in a discussion of whether they're up their own ass or not

Top 10 is my favorite comic ever
Moore could say anything and I'd still defend him

is Carey pretentious?
I've met Peter Milligan and that man is oddly nice and inquisitive about random things

So, is he insane or is he in a state of cosmic awareness?

Lobdell is like the most humble dude in the business and has 0 enemies in the industry besides butthurt fans who hate his Teen Titans run
he's buddies with mainstream writers, indie darlings, conservatives and feminists
he's just a genuinely likable dude

he's just good at making stupid people feel smart

Isn't he a serial rapist or something?

he has groupies from when he wrote the X-Men so other writers were jealous
bitches love Jubilee

Asked a friend, but is everyone on the same page just wanting Moore to sell out already so we can get more Watchmen?

more like serial sexual harasser according to some foreign con organizers. that seems pretty common with b-list x-men writers. chuck austen was the same.

he doesn't need to sell out, he could literally retire today and just live comfortably off Watchmen and Killing Joke royalties for the rest of his life

>is carey pretentious

i don't think so. the burden of proof is on the user who was talkin shit about a british invasion

People might think that The Unwritten is pretentious, but that probably has to do with it being metafiction about the state of young adult literature. Carey, at least in the forwards to some work, seems to be aware that no one really paid attention to him when he fleshed out the heaven/hell relationship in the Vertigo universe

nice sources you got there

the answer to your question is "no".

watchmen stands alone

Carey is just a writer's writer
The Unwritten is pretentious because its supposed to be
I bet his work is the most universally respected/read among all the British invasion writers, he doesn't seem to have beef with any of them

Didn't he announce his retirement a few months ago?

well there you go