Why do millennial numales prefer spaghetti westerns over classic westerns?

Why do millennial numales prefer spaghetti westerns over classic westerns?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/qwb3P0fuM1c
rogerebert.com/reviews/great-movie-the-good-the-bad-and-the-ugly-1968
rogerebert.com/reviews/once-upon-a-time-in-the-west-1969
youtube.com/watch?v=ubVc2MQwMkg
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

spaghetti westerns is a deritive of samurai films

numales love weeb shit

Both are shit so it shouldn't matter either way

Samurai movies are derivative of classic Hollywood westerns.

Can't we just have a giant gangbang an get over it?

t. soygirl (male)

because of pure kinomatography like this

youtu.be/qwb3P0fuM1c

There are only two real differences between a classic western and a spaghetti western; spaghetti westerns are often filmed in Italy with Italians pretending to be Mexicans and spaghetti westerns often feature a morally ambiguous antihero as a protagonist instead of a straight forward good guy protagonist. Clint Eastwood starred in classic westerns too.

>filmed in Italy
*spain

I wish I could watch that movie for the first time again.

Filmed by Italians in Spain pretending to be American

>gender: Soyfluid

The Western is the Old Testament of the US (the new world/the melting pot). Superhero movies is the New Testament.

Delete this

Westerns were the capeshit of the 50s-70s.

millennials prefer petspaghetti westerns because they don't take themselves seriously and are about narcissism which is the biggest personality trait for millennials. They are also edited for degraded millennial attention spans.

>dude old Hollywood westerns are boring lmao

Because John Wayne was a faggot

>Tarkovsky wanted to make a movie with Sergio Leone because he thought his movies were fantastic
>tfw tark died before he got the script finished

Yeah? Well how about I kick your ass pardner? How about that wise-ass?

>le classy old timey all-american epic manly moobie

what was it about?

What was that??!

A russian camel that helped them iirc

millenials arent as narcissistic as boomers

Fuck you for trying to pit them against each other.

>and spaghetti westerns often feature a morally ambiguous antihero as a protagonist instead of a straight forward good guy protagonist.
This is why soyboys prefer spaghetti westerns: they can't identify with genuine heroes or males who espouse heroic and moral ideals.

Imagine posting such garbage

Exactly. It's easier to identify with selfish characters than selfless characters

A faggot who couldn't act for shit

Yes, because you're a spitting image of John Wayne and see yourself in him right?

i've only ever seen spaghetti westerns pretty much.

Where is a good place to start with american ones? Searchers?

>All that slow buildup
>Leones super closeups
>That turn when Fonda gets shot
>The harmonica incorperated in the score
>Dat fucking morricone score.

Sergio Leone understood cinema.

Stagecoach or High Noon.

The Wild Bunch (1969)
The Magnificent Seven (1960)
Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid (1969)

The Outlaw Josey Wales is an American made one but it's considered a "Revisionist Western" rather then a "Classic Western". Shane is one of the better true classic westerns.

Anything western by John Ford.

The Magnificent Seven is a shitty ripoff of one of the best film ever made.

You have the art of manliness as your browser's homepage.

This is very solid kino, I don't care if it makes me a "soyboy" for liking it over John Wayne bullshit.

Antihero doesn't mean bad guy dumb idiot

Yea, Seven Samurai is great, but The Magnificent Seven is also a good fun film.

For the same reason that Boomers with taste did: because they are vastly more fun to watch.

You didn't grow up in the 1950s. The only shit on TV for a kid to watch was boringwesternboringwesternboringwestern.

I hated it, but in fairness that may have been because of my very high expectations since I love Kurosawa so much.

Best post in the thread. It was boring as fuck and part of the cultural background noise for people.

this film is so fucking good, absolutely incredible

ikr

its just a shame that its so fucking long that its almost unwatchable

Don't compare those too, their both great films for different reasons.

>He doesnt have a 3 hour attention span
How did you even survive school?

>its just a shame that its so fucking long that its almost unwatchable
You are like a little baby

What was good about Magnificent Seven ?

Because they are millennial numales.

Nice bait

recommend me good westerns

I would say, the characters were compelling and the story was well written. Although compared to samurai it was very corny.

Is he talking about Return of The King?

Jesus, Ebert was such a fucking tool.

Had to stifle a grin because i'm at work, thanks.

Anyone who says TGTB&TU is trash can neck themselves. It's a great film.

People on here just like to be contrarian.

>kinomatography
It's spelled cinematography, you fucking european.

i know you americans are bent over the barrel by your employers but not even being able to grin?

Classic westerns looked like they were filmed on a lot with actors that were always clean shaven, healthy and cleanly.

Spaghetti westerns went for magical realism, with realistic characters in exaggerated situations.

You don't?

I love the working world

greatest scene ever filmed. Based user.

>gave Blue Velvet a shitty rating literally because "Abluhuhu he hurt mai waifu"

cinematography is camera
kinomatographie is the combination of cinematography with choreography and editing and sound design

This.

John Wayne always looked like he walked straight out of his trailer after being fluffed by some half black, half mexican twink.

Clint Eastwood looked like he'd just walked out of the desert after killing a man just for his canteen.

He called it an unquestioned masterpiece in his Great Movie review for Good Bad and the Ugly.
rogerebert.com/reviews/great-movie-the-good-the-bad-and-the-ugly-1968

rogerebert.com/reviews/once-upon-a-time-in-the-west-1969

what a fucking faggot

implying nu males could even like anything western related

where's your review?

spaghetti westerns are literally capeshit: quips et al.

Classic westerns are political and allegorical

I like good examples of both, but I'm not a millennial (or a numale).

I expect that color vs B&W is a big part of it. Only a small minority of classic westerns were filmed in color. In my experience, B&W films tend to not be very approachable to millennials.

Also this what said.

if you're not a millennial then you're too old to be here

I wouldn't say by my employer because its voluntary, I choose to work where I do, so i'm doing it to myself.
paying my way through college,
if you really find NEETdom gratifying then theres one reason for your hidden anger.

All of John Ford's movies are GOAT however there is only one true classic western that is actually terrific...

Stagecoach

>Classic westerns are political and allegorical
Just neck yourself please.

>hidden anger
I'm not the one who can't grin at work, even if it is "voluntary".

The guy reviewed films for 40+ years. Sometimes his opinions evolved. This was one of those cases.

>I expect that color vs B&W is a big part of it.

That and the "theatrical stage" cinematography of older films.
For example, John Ford have beautiful exterior shots that defined the outside look of a Western, but the interiors looked like Stageplays

I think John Wayne is a devastatingly poor actor. His performance has always been my least favorite thing about The Searchers.

Probably because John Wayne films are trash?

You're thinking of Revisionist Westerns, classic westerns are the diaper wearing boomer’s capeshit.

I bet you enjoy the films of Wes Anderson.

You realize why capeshit is called capeshit, right?

It's because it's superheroes, they're not realistic. They can't die and they have deus ex machine to magically save the day.

That's why it's a horrible comparison to say capeshit is the modern western. Westerns dealt with real social and political issues on a base level, rural developing civilization. Take for example, The Big Country, which is an allegory for the Cold War.

But at the root, what truly separates capeshit from legitimate cinema is not writing. It's the core concept. Superheroes aren't real, they are anti-cinema. Cinema is a reflection of reality, it exposes it and enlightens us about it. That's why the Big Country was shown at the White House and capeshit never will be.

He wasn't an actor, he was a reactor.

>lol I ain't gots dat reading comprehension

John Wayne always put in the best performance in his films and made some pretty shitty films fun just by his presence

People don't compare the two because of the themes, genius. They compare the two because they are overwhelmingly popular and overrated for their time period.

The Searchers
Winchester 73
True Grit
Rio Bravo
The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance

This.
I've seen some horrible Wayne movies, but every now and then while watching I'd say, at least John Wayne is good.

Name a better scene in any Western.

Ill wait.

youtube.com/watch?v=ubVc2MQwMkg

The classic Western era was over by 1960, boomers were still being born then

Classic Western films were for the silent generation

Yeah, no.

Don't forget, you're here forever.

Good point.

I think the comparison is actually valid, if not for the reasons that the posts you're replying to give: IMO it's actually fair to compare westerns in the Code Era to today's super hero films in that they were cranked out in large numbers by the studios because they drew well, with the result that for every great example of the genre, there were several forgettable ones. The same goes for war films and musicals, though.

Spaghetti westerns were really never produced in those numbers, so the S/N ratio can feel higher, especially to someone who's really only familiar with the best examples because the rest are genuinely obscure.

Once Upon a Time in the West is almost fucking unwatchable its so silly

For a Few Dollaridoos More is the best one Sergio made

Ecstasy of gold always gives me chills (and a boner)

Are people really implying that spaghetti westerns are for soyboys? What kind of world am I living in where people prefer family friendly westerns over more adult and pure kino westerns.. Fuck me, you autistic people really don't understand emotions that well do you. Just stick to your my little pony shit.

Why does "legitimate cinema" need to be realistic? Does a fantasy or sci-fi theme inherently de-legitimize political issues and allegory? How does spectacle for spectacle's sake tarnish the legitimacy of the film?

>over more adult and pure kino westerns
kids love spaghetti