Skreemer

A nice 6 issue story of a book from the Vertigo catalog not talked about nearly enough

Peter Milligan
Brett Ewins
Steve Dillon (Inks)
Tom Ziuko
and
Tom Frame

This is 6 issues of Crime Comics

Come Along

Ewins has such an incredible and distinct style and almost no other style works better with these flat colors, from Johnny Nemo to Bad Company to this not enough work by him out there (Rest in Peace)

Cool, last obscure thing from Vertigo that I saw was Dan Dashly showing us Milligan's "Girl"

Bump for great comics. Milligan is the unsung hero of the British Invasion.

You should check out the rest of Milligan's Vertigo minis/one shots if you haven't. Face is one of my favorite comics ever.

Did you ever finish Shade?

The frankface was still strong even in 1989, it seems.

Milligan and his collaborators made Vertigo worth it, Enigma is the best book that has that label.

No I fell of reading it not sure where, stuff came up.

I started a Shade binge a while ago (around issue #5 of Changing Girl) but fell off it at around #33 when it had the soft relaunch. I keep meaning to get back to it

Maybe, it's definitely up there and while there might be others on it's level, I wouldn't put anything above it.. I just wish he'd work with Fegredo again, they're a magnificent team.

Fegredo and Bachalo are two guys whose styles have both changed so much since then.

>the soft relaunch
I think the switch to Vertigo (the hotel era specifically) was the best stretch of the book. Hell of a place to drop off.

What's Milligan up to these days? I imagine he got burned out by the early N52 business

Bachalo is so bad nowadays.
Fegredo needs a writer like Milligan that can push him, there's a significant difference between how Girl and Face look for example and Enigma doesn't have a(one) style.

I like both of Bachalo's modes

He did Britannia and is now writing a sequel mini. He also did The Discipline(it was alright) and I think he just got done with The Mummy. Biggest problem with Milligan nowadays is artists, I read the first issue of The Mummy and I thought it was pretty good but the art was so bad I just forgot about it. And The Names I think is super underrated, if only it had a better artist(Fernandez is alright, just not great).

You seem to know your Milligan. What do you think happened at the end of his Hellblazer run? I remember not really enjoying it when I read it

He was told to wrap it up and so he rushed something out.