What am I in for?

what should i expect?

Bitches getting BTFO

Tense blunt, Latino Pitt.

Terrible meme flick for the true detctvieditors

Blunt's useless, a stand-in for your girlfriend while watching it.

Just ignore her and the rest of the movie is Benicio del Kino.

Wanting to see way more of Benicio Del Toro's character (there's a spin-off featuring him being made), one of the more tense movie gunfights you'll see at a border crossing, one of the best cinematographers at work.

Absolute kino.

He shoots a kid. I thought that was bad ass.

I don't see kino here, all is the dishonesty of a reddit soyboy

this scene is a ripoff of Band of Brothers

a misogynistic kinosthetic masterpiece

Not enough cunny for you, faggot?

This. Halloween 3: Season of the Witch did a much more honest job at that scene too

For whatever reason the movie depicts FBI as a bunch of incompetent soyboys/soygirls.

>implying the top lads in the FBI didn't put Blunts pussy ass in there to get bullied on purpose

A film that is in no way, shape or form: honest.

an overrated movie

can someone PLEASE explain the appeal of this movie? its the most boring run of the mill thriller / action movie i have ever seen. emily blunt is qt but thats about the only positive i took away from this movie.
>muh deakins
hes trash, dishonest and whatever term you want to use. this movie is for easily impressed assholes

It's good and has an interesting clinical military style.

I was expecting more gunfights in Mexico but it had good suspense and Benicio was awesome.

r/movies: the movie

If you watch movies for plot or characters you'll think it's meh. From a directorial standpoint, as in the way the scenes are shot in order to maximize mood and tension, it's top tier stuff.

the movie is competently directed, sure. doesn't make it good. theres hundreds of great movies directed well you can watch instead.

Being well-directed isn't a fucking mean feat. That's like saying "sure, it's well-written, but what's the point when there as so many well-written books out there?" Competently directed does equal good.

It just makes it competently directed, so if you're purely looking for a movie that is just that: competently directed than you found it! But there are other things (story, characters, style, writing etc) that go into making a movie good instead of just the base level of competency.

How many movies show the main character murdering an entire family onscreen?
I guess if you're into the whole political crap, this movie resonates because it basically exposes how the War on Drugs is a total sham and that the CIA is the most evil organization ever in human history.

Luckily, Sicario is incredibly deftly paced and has strong emotions emanating from it. And if you know anything about writing on a technical level, Sheridan's scripts are pretty fuckin impressive. As for style, it's not ridiculously stylish or unique, though it doesn't really need to be. Not a work for the ages or anything, but a great film that should be recognized as such.

>great film
LMFAO the absolute state of this board

Technique is the thing in itself for a lot of people. Virginia Woolf isn't remembered for her engaging plots or her interesting characters, she's remembered for her remarkable writing. Some people are just less interested in narrative than they are in technique

The whole was a CIA operation using the U.S military in trying to replace the mexican drug supplier in favor of the columbians. Del toro's character was a lawyer trained by the americans to make this happen, del toro's backstory is that his family was killed by the cartel using acid. Josh Brolin is the hands on guy of the operation. Emily Blunt's character shows that her character got dragged into a operation bigger than her pay grade she was clueless the whole time and serves as a plot device and exposition character.

The level of film making technique in Sicario is no where near the level of writing technique Woolf had. Not a great comparison.

And in the end del toro's character kills the cartel leader and his family. Which is fucking awesome.

2 hours of watching a female FBI agent who cries in every scene, let's her guard down at every bad opportunity, and constantly questions command, yet is somehow selected for a super badass high speed low drag operation.

Not saying that it is. Just using an analogy to demonstrate my point

Ok but this movie was not a technical masterpiece it was just a very ordinary movie.

Ok fair enough but I understood that before I even entered this thread. What's your point? Still doesn't make Sicario a good movie.

>bitch thinking she can be as strong as men
>get btfo repeatedly

If the way of the gun had was a franchise and you picked up part VI
It now has a different director and the only character that was still around was del Toro. You're now sitting around thinking what happened between part 2 - 5

Better cinematography than script.

There's nothing I can say that'll make you find Sicario as technically interesting as I do. Either the way the night scenes are framed in complete blackness engage you aesthetically, or they don't. Either the shootout on the road to Juarez was able to elicit tension, or it wasn't. It's the most subjective element of film.

the cinematography is so overrated
very dishonest

>coming out of the movie MORE clueless as blunt.

she even figured out why she was selected idiot

Fuck off with this dishonest meme

The cinematography was mostly very quiet and subdued. Only this and one other scene stood out as self-consciously artsy. And this is coming from someone who thinks that Deakins is overrated.

It's better than using existential

It's been a long time. Why was she selected again? All I remember is del toro blackmailed her if she ever talked they could kill her and make it look like it's suicide.

She was literally selected to fill a status quota

this movie is tight, fun, and engaging.
you would only dislike this movie if you are a woman, mexican, or black because your stand in is completely btfo every turn.

Honest Abe wouldn't have made this movie that's for sure!

What does Del Toro do to the guy in the interrogation room? Did he facefuck him? I thought he was going to waterboard him.

What do you mean status quota? Or when was this mentioned?

I'm a white male
Nice try though, next time be more honest

You ever hear the term "water cooler talk"? Yeah, basically they stood around discussing Game of Thrones for 10 minutes.

CIA needs FBI to sign off on where they're working and say it's legit. she was just a vessel for them. they didnt choose the other FBI agent because he was too new on the force and had a JD so would put up a bigger fight.

I really appreciated how Villeneuve chose to make a female character that is heavily and this case, realistically flawed instead of being a Mary Sue

are they not using this girl tho?

I thought i read in a spoiler that they shouldnt be doing this and they brought her in to drop it on her at the end...

is that why they needed her to volunteer to do it? i am halfway thru

hur dur reddit spacing.

weapons free boys

>crybaby fbi agents
>the dude cia agent
>columbian assassin (dude's friend)
>some dead mexicans

All in all it was pretty boring.