You hyped for the next 5 billion years of your beloved capeshit Sup Forums?

You hyped for the next 5 billion years of your beloved capeshit Sup Forums?

How will this work? The actors are getting too old, and you can only use these characters so much before they get stale.

DC is kill, all we need is infinity war to be shit and capeshit is on it's way out, am i fucking wrong?

Recast with new version?

Infinity war is gonna get >90% on RT. Marvel has mastered the capeshit formula and people will keep eating it up.

>Infinity War will be shit

How many more times will Sup Forums have to be proven wrong before they realize capeshit is the way to go?

Infinity War will break 2 billion and get critical acclaim

And no one will talk about it a decade later

2 billion ..... user i

I hope they all go bald or something. There aint no hairlet superheroes.

Yes you are and have been since 2014, sadly.

Spiderman has proved that you can reboot a character as many times as you want and as long as there's about 5 years of time between the last one people will still come in droves to watch shitty superhero movies with inferior versions of the same character.

Bruce Willis from Unbreakable. Checkmate, atheist!

So?

I'm ready. Marvel will keep pumping out the movies and I will keep eating them up GLADLY!

>You hyped for the next 5 billion years of your beloved capeshit Sup Forums?
As long as the movies are good, I'm okay with it. If they really start to suck, I'll stop going to see them and stop buying them on bluray.

As is my right.

>How will this work? The actors are getting too old, and you can only use these characters so much before they get stale.
Infinity Gauntlet explodes.
All the actors who want to quit are magically changed into different actors.

magneto, professor x, the thing, deadshot, the vision, Dr Manhattan

Martian Manhunter too, but only virgins know who he is.

>So?

THEY'LL NEVER STOP THE AVENGERS
HAVE NO FEARS,
WE'VE GOT STORIES FOR YEARS!

>DC dies
>a bunch of faggot "neutral" bloggers come out of the woodworks acting like they don't like capeshit anymore

pathetic, transparent.

HULK GETS A CELLPHONE

LIKE, CAP BECOMES A WEREWOLF

Serious question, Werewolf by Night when?

but wheres the argument

WE

Honestly who can blame then?All of them score close to a million at least

>Werewolf by Night
As opposed to all of those diurnal werewolves, right?

Lmao people are going to be writing college film papers on this shit. Not necessarily on Infinity War alone, but about the MCU and how it changed the hollywood landscape with the cinematic universe trend. Studios are falling head over heels to try to replicate the money making machine that is the MCU. Nevermind that it is the first time anything on it's scale had ever been attempted.

Say what you will. Say its capeshit. Say its for kids. But the MCU will be talked about for decades.

Well it's not like the moon isn't visible during the day.

That explains all of those werewolves you see during the day, idjit.

I think you've got a case of the 'tisms.

Because it's a stupid title? Maybe you've got some personal involvement in the naming of it, nobody would ever defend that.

And now I'm not following the conversation at all anymore.

Looks like I nailed it.

Two things:

1) 20 movies on the docket is probably only projecting like 18 months out at the current rate.

2) Are you really surprised they're going to keep grinding this formula for as long as it continues to make money? You keep showing up at work for that same pay check every week, don't you?

I don't watch capeshits other than ones before 2007. So it doesn't affect me.

meanwhile... at DC

Ill be hyped when they actually start cross contaminating the villains, heroes, and other plot points into each other more.

I want to see the Guardians together with Strange in their own movie, not the Avengers.

I want to see Captain America and Hulk have to work together and find a way to change the past.

I want to see Iron Man and Thor have their own movie fighting the Mandarin.

IW will be fine, but it will still initiate the end of capeshit. We've already hit the ceiling. IW may top Avengers and possibly even Avatar, but it's destined to be the very peak and it's actually coming too late. If they wanted peak return it should've come out this year or maybe even last year. Fatigue has definitely set in.

Even if DC got their shit together fucking today and gutted their entire team, got the perfect kinographers and hard rebooted the franchise, it would still take 4 or 5 years minimum to lead into a justice league type movie and it will have come out so much later than avengers/IW, it will have suffered from the fatigue they're going to drive.

The gimmick is drying up. People won't spend nearly as much money to watch D list, nobody heroes being brought to screen especially when they're all going to be nothing but multicult shit. and that whole thing has already been done with EVERY hero of note. They will have finished the plot they've been building since Iron Man was successful and starting another one will not only feel exhausting but lose all the novelty of the overarching plot/team up shit.

tldr; it doesn't matter how IW does, it's the peak and there will be a steep dropoff after.

This wont happen, Marvel has mastered the blockbuster movie capeshit formula with their continuous output of decent movies. IW will most likely make 2 billion and get at lease 80% on RT

You're making a mistake in your thinking. They've been putting capeshit to film since the 1940's, hitting a "ceiling" doesn't end anything, it just starts a decline, and eventually capeshit will get big again. The very notion of it "ending" is ridiculous.

Yup. Whether you like it or not, the MCU is historic. Anything that changes business trends on multi-billion dollar scale will be talked about for a LONG time. The gravy on top is that many other studios are tripping over themselves to rush out a universe and they are all failing to accomplish what Marvel has, despite the MCU being """formulaic""""

Infinity War will be "good" but it will give casual fans the sense of closure they have been seeking from the MCU. A few of the big actors will no doubt be stepping down as well which will only compound that sense. Marvel will continue to make movies but the crowds will grow increasingly smaller following this franchise climax. They had a good run, but capeshit's days are finally numbered.

How many cowboy movies got made before people got burnt out?

I didn't know there was cowboy cinematic universe.

super hero movies are now a genre just like westerns.

capeshit wasn't as enjoyable to plebs until the budget/tech was there to show the action properly. now that we've gotten to the point where they CAN be mass produced and are relying on the general population for revenue rather than a niche market of loyal dorks, it's completely changed the game.

they've completely saturated the market. Before Iron Man, you might get one big budget capeshit every 2 years. Before Burton's Batman, hardly ever. After IM, Marvel initiated mass production. DC tried to chase them down. Disney ramped it up even higher. Everything with existing user bases has been mined to death.

Look at SM homecoming. It's the first time SM has been in the MCU, RDJ iron man is in it, it's pretty good as far as capeshit goes but still people didn't really care that much. it's arguably the most popular super hero ever and people are just exhausted from all the reboots and the novelty of involving it in the bigger plot is gone.

cap the post faggot. after IW 1 and 2, no capeshit will every do that well again. and regular, one shot hero flicks will show diminishing returns. the well has been drained.

>Donner's Superman wasn't enjoyable to "plebs"
Sure user, only hardcore comic book fans went to see it. Adam West's Batman and Lynda Carter's Wonder Woman were watched exclusively by aficionados of comicks obscura.
>Look at SM homecoming
It sucked and turned characters into various ethnic minorities to pander to a crowd that doesn't even watch these movies. It represented the same mistakes Marvel's comics division has been making, much to their detriment.
>no capeshit will ever do that well again
This is very possible. And yet you said the movies would end. Which they won't.

i didn't say the movies will end. of course they won't end. it's just that the diminishing returns will continually make them more and more irrelevant, less produced, less funded etc. and the drop off will be swift after IW.

fuck, the MCU allegedly has 20 more movies planned.. i would say, though. you're going to see that number drop. there's no way they can retain the right amount of profits to produce these things for 20 or so years.

>i didn't say the movies will end
Yes you did. Right here.>IW will be fine, but it will still initiate the end of capeshit
>the end of capeshit.

also, look how far down you had to dig. you sorta prove my point. you could only name one big budget franchise and two television shows. there really isn't much besides that.

My point wasn't that there never was a popular comic franchise, you dunce. it's that the market was scarce and even those major franchises weren't nearly as prolific as something like iron man. now the market is completely saturated. there is superhero memorabilia in every store.. whole fucking racks of specifically superhero shirts in clothing stores.. every candy/cereal/etc has superheroes on it. i dare you find a gas station carrying less than 10 different items somehow associated with comic books.

>initiating something means it happens in it's entirety immediately

fucking doofus

I didn't say immediately, you didn't say immediately. You said it would end. I'm saying it won't. Even YOU are saying it won't end now. Just owe up to your mistake and stop trying to save face.

Oh shit you guys just made me think of in 30 years Villeneuve will be about the same age as Clint Eastwood when he made Unforgiven and what kind of fucking kinography he would do after the capeshit genre took a 15 year break after bombing and he just randomly made the GOAT superhero movie everyone looks up too probably based on Superman.

>there is superhero memorabilia in every store.. whole fucking racks of specifically superhero shirts in clothing stores.. every candy/cereal/etc has superheroes on it.
You actually think this is a new development? I had Spider-Man and Batman on everything in the goddamn 90's.
>Superman and Batman weren't nearly as prolific as something like iron man
Superman is like the biggest American cultural icon after Santa Claus and McDonalds, what the hell.

There isnt any, these fucks fail to realize that all the hollywood studios are businesses first and foremost and care about making profit, not whether autistic fucks on a Japanese anime board consider their movie "kino" 10 years from now

jesus christ you are either a complete fucking autist, or you're pretending to not understand normal conversation so that you can GOTCHA some user dude on a slope headed gookanese photography speakeasy

capeshit is completely saturating our culture. that will end pretty abruptly after IW. Interest will wain, profits will dwindle and they'll have to find something fresh to replace it.

if you thought i meant "after IW there will never be another cape movie" you are fucking retarded.

And, judging by comics, no one will like those and they will have to reboot it. Sounds great.

You understand that these characters were in our cereal and t-shirts since way before the MCU, right? You know about Andy Warhol, right? You know they're not going to disappear anywhere after the MCU just like they didn't just appear with the MCU, right?

20 movies

Avg 3 a year, 6/7 years until a reboot

MCU lasts from 2008 to 2025, then reboots, thats only 17 years.

They've been doing those fucking Pirates of the Caribbean movies for 14 years already

>20 more films

This just fills me with dread

capeshit better die soon Tbh

Yeah people will talk about the MCU for years. But not for story but for the economic aspect. That's all anybody cares about

starlrd get ipad

Are you seriously trying to argue that there hasn't been a massive market saturation of capeshit since around the beginning of the MCU? That everything has always been this way?

You are a fucking autist and you also were probably born in fucking 1995.

No. I'm telling you that superheroes have existed longer than either you or I have been alive and that they have been an integral part of pop-culture and will continue to do so even when we're dead.
>born in 1995
I remember watching the Superfriends Aquaman on VHS around 1995.

Stop making capeshit threads. Watching children's movies as an adult is pathetic. I hope you don't vote and I know you won't reproduce.

but what can they even do after the infinity stones storyline that will carry the other films for such a long period of time?

CHUCK'S BECOMES A FARM STORE

2.2B

96%

Nope, that's the DCUE, marvel is for kids

>you
>the point

Good thing I hate super hero movies

>The DCEU is for adults and true intellectuals
Yeah no. Keep your head-canon to yourself

I dont think the stories will be talked about but In a filmmaking context, the idea of a cinematic universe will be.