I have never been more disappointed in a sequel

I have never been more disappointed in a sequel

never?

You went in expecting somwthing good?

not even korra

Palahniuk turned to shit after his first 3 books and hasn't written anything worthwhile in well over a decade. The chances of it being any good were extra-low to start with.

I like this comic more than I like the book or the movie.

It WAS good until the last issue.

What's with modern comics and pretentious postmodern bullshit endings?

I liked Rant.

Rant is pretty good.
Everything within a 2 book radius of it is shit though

And I forgot the damn pic.

I didn't have incredibly high expectations myself, but it was storytimed here while it was being published, and I agree, it's a real turd.

i think some of us always wanted a sequel, even though it would be kind of unnecessary

me neither

Why did people like this? I read it (got it for SUPER cheap at a local comic shop) and thought it was super boring, but I keep seeing it brought up as good. Do people who read comics truly have bad taste?

did you read the original fight club

did you watch it

It's great how I don't even have to know this existed to know Kot wrote it before reading the author.

I've yet to read it (I literally minute ago found out it actually is translated to my language, and I have never read a full novel in English),
but I did watch the movie, and at least that didn't include a scene where Tyler shoots the author.

And Zero annoyed me even more, I found that comic downright insulting.
Making self conscious media is all fine and dandy, so is change of pace. But the fucking end of Zero. Fucking William Burroughs.
Zero is a what happens when writer doesn't know he doesn't know how to end the story and sees himself as superb intellectual. Fucking beatniks for, what? Two last volumes? Fuck no.

Pygmy was good.

Normally when there's a series I think I'm likely to buy in physical form, I'll check out the first two or three issues here on Sup Forums or other sites then cut myself off once I've made the decision to purchase in physical form. The first three issues of Fight Club 2 were good stuff. They felt like a proper continuation of the story, and I say that as a fan of both the book and the movie.

And then it became completely incoherent self-obsessed, self-indulgent drivel on the part of the author towards the end with no coherent narrative. I bought the hardcover for $50 on the strength of those first three issues and have never regretted a comics purchase more.

The really sad thing is that right up to the very end there were good ideas mixed in with the bad. Like, you COULD have made a good Fight Club sequel using those ideas, but instead the author decided to finish the story by having him physically showing up along with a bunch of his IRL friends to hang out with the characters and completely derail any coherent narrative.

Also, apparently Bob (HIS NAME IS ROBERT PAULSON) rises from the grave as a zombie ten years after he dies and none of the characters comment on the oddity of this nor is there any explanation as to how or why.

I want to finish "pure fucking garbage," but the most painful part is that it's NOT. There are genuinely cool things in that thick, meaty stew of trash, but there's no way to enjoy them when they're dripping with the idiocy of the rest of the plot.

Image Comics have gotten pretty over-rated in general in recent years, thanks to Robert Kirkman and actually good stuff like. Rat Queens, Saga, Sex Criminals... hell, even Kirkman's stuff is dragging a bit these days.