Daily Reminder

This guy auditioned for Danny but instead got a 6 minute role where he does Drunken Master
6 minutes of fight better than what Jones did on this 13 hour drivel
stunt double not included

It is crucial that Danny is white.

That would be yellowwashing though. Very problematic.

racebending is wrong.

Yes, because he's white in the comics. By turning white characters into another race, and male characters into another gender, you;re telling people of that race/gender that they are not worth the effort of original thought, that the casting choice was made solely to get you to pay them money.

No, fuck you, there're underused characters of color in the original source if you want use one of those, or come up with a new and original one, stop turning whites into whatever you want, the message you give with that is that they don't need whites.

Then stop turning asians white. And stop turningbmen into women.

I have mixed opinions on this but I think it funny that people latch on to this argument considering all the other things they've changed. They were very very liberal with the source material.

It would be racist if Asian guy knows Kung Fu.

>Then stop turning asians white
>asians
>plural
What they did to old one was a mistake as everybody pointed out, but where're the rest of Asians turned white?

>trying to point out the hypocrisy
user, that doesn't work, they don't care, they're hypocrital as fuck but they don't care, they'll complain about an Asian character being a kung fu artist and so will complian about a non Asian character being a kung fu artist, they complain, that's what they do, everything is racist and sexist for them

the main characters should always be just like the comics , I don't care about change the race in minor characters 4 the SJW and all that shit if it's doing fine, piss me off in Thor or Strange, but I don't care the black Ben Urich or things like that. To me would be better if they do a new character instead of pick one and change the race. I don't care if they pick the ultimate version like in the Avengers

>Ghost in the shell comes out at the end of this month
>Where's the rest of Asians turned white?

>selling out his race
I thought asians were supposed to be honorabru

>Ghost in the shell
Johansson looks like the character and is a well know actress in Hollywood, in a big budget films they look also that. I'm sure you can't name 10 asians actress

daily reminder the drunken master actor isn't a good actor and would've been terrible

his scene with danny was terrible

not him, nor do I care too much about this issue, but the SJW line would be "of course you can't name too many popular asian actresses, because all the leading roles go to white women!"

Why don't white actors make an effort to be at least passable fighters anymore?

Because he's a shitty actor who can't carry a series

By shitting on the show you retroactively shit on good effort him and Henwick did.

I really don't get liberals trashing honest effort people who worked on it put, they are saying all of it shit, but him and Henwick probably enjoyed the shit out of doing what they done in the show and they most likely put out their A game.

He should have been Davos and Davos should have been in the series from the third episode.

is just like claim that we should make more movies with aboriginal australians because we can't name a single one

To fix the complaining about racism Danny should have co-starred with Shang Chi. Buddy Cop through NY to take out a team-up of Meachum and Shang Chi's father. Misty is brought back to be Danny's love interest. Colleen stays an easter egg for a bit longer.

>a cyborg
>is Asian
>or any race
Fuck right off with that shit.

>Johansson looks like the character
She looks Japanese? Because Motoko Kusanagi is Japanese. They even hide it by calling her the major all the time.

don't know just tell me

neither can finn

you do know what a cyborg is right? a human with machine parts. you mean an android which is a robot with skin

Yeah, the only way to fix the racism whining would have been to have an asian co-protagonist. Basically nothing else would appease the critics. I don't think the concept of Iron Fist is inherently racist, mostly because unlike most Mighty Whitey characters he was actually raised by the culture he excelled in, but he is way too close to old racist stories for anyone to accept him on his own without some mitigating factor.

>Anime characters
>asian
Pick one.

>fix the racism
that film don't promote slavery or apartheid, wtf is racist in that movie?

Whites cant engage in, nor comment on, any culture that is deemed PoC. Any such transgression is racist because of colonialism and historic oppression of colored peoples.

He doesn't look anything like the character so who cares.

Totally agree. Considering this has *so* little to do with any of the source material apart from the names of places/characters, you may as well have cast someone who can actually, y'know, do martial arts.

so you r basically saying that PoC can cultural apropiate things like Egypt or even the Vikings but we can't make a movie with a white actress in a Asian role

It is but they didn't utilize it effectively at all. It's supposed to be A Stranger in a Strange Land. A kid coming from a land where he was an outcast going back to a place that is supposed to be a home coming but he is treated like an outsider there too. And instead of focusing on that they make it about business legal procedures

He is a shitty fucking actor though

>any culture that is deemed PoC
but they can do this?

Finn got
>3 days of last minute Kung Fu training
>They cast him way too late
>Scott Buck is a hack who should've cast him earlier because Finn obviously needed several months of training.

Well at least he will get better in Defenders and Season 2

and a ching chong nip nog to you too

Why did an asian guy audition for a white dude with blonde hair part? he should be auditioning to be Shang-Chi

A lot of casting companies now use a colorblind casting process even if they send out sheets that focus on certain traits to certain actors.

OOOH he fights good!

But can he carry a 12 episode series? Doubt it

It's not like it was 12 solid hours of fight scenes

Stupid OP, your thread is stupid and you're stupid

Eat a dick, that way of thinking is how we get shit Dragon Ball Evolution.

Almost everyone in Dragon Ball Evolution was Asian though. Only Goku, Bulma and Piccolo weren't.

>But can he carry a 12 episode series? Doubt it
neither could the white guy they picked

I would agree with you except that they picked an actor who can't carry a 12 episode series OR fight good.

You eat a dick, anime was based on western people. Fucking cuck

You could have started with "I didn't read the mangas or watched the animes and movies"

One, that's false.
Two, Motoko's body in GitS wasn't Asian but it's unrelated to your flawled point

Yeah, Trunks (half alien half human from different universe) isn't "Asian", but Chichi is for example.

Neither did the faggot they picked with a jew fro

Makoto is almost completely mechanical except for her brain. She can't be considered a human or even part human anymore

Unless an anime takes place specifically in Japan, an anime character is not automatically Japanese. Don't be retarded

I dont want to be white anymore after this

Jesus I'm black and you hate you retards because you don't realize how idiotic you sound. What happened years ago at some point in history doesn't justify an attitude or its actions in the present

Where did I say that? you were the one who said:
>Anime characters
>Asian
Stating anime characters aren't asian, which is false, some are, some aren't. Next time don't generalize and you won't find people disagreeing with you

>you will never have an iron fist and punch stuff with it

More whites have been slaved by non whites than blacks by any other race in the world, what now? where're my reparations, world? I want them

And she can be in any multitude of bodies she chooses.

Obsession with an Anime girl with pale to ivory skin not looking Asian is silly.

Don't forget the Jews
The Chinese
The Koreans
The Armenians
The polish
And it goes on and on. Reparations are fucking stupid as is claiming victimhood for shit that happened two hundred years ago or even seventy years ago

The issue isn't Finn Jones' race. It's that he's a shit actor and a even shittier "fighter".

Should've hired a white actor who at least was trained and put some effort.

fuck old people t b h