Mfw I just realized that Aslan is meant to be God

>mfw I just realized that Aslan is meant to be God

>there was an evil with
>and then God saved them all

C.S. Lewis, master author

The other Narnia books are much more in-depth than the first. My favorite is The Horse and His Boy.

Reminder that this series begins with a hairy dude luring four children into a bedroom closet.

HAHA OMG dead xD

Aslan is meant to represent the Son, Jesus Christ. It's the Emperor-Beyond-the-Sea that's God the Father.

Actually no it doesn't. Lucy only enters the wardrobe by chance during a game of hide-and-seek. And they only end up in Narnia because they're hiding from the housekeeper.

>le omg xd !!!11!
so ironic

reminder aslan does not want older siblings in narnia in later books because they're "too old" aslan wants them very young and sweet

This one is actually true.

He's suppose to represent the logos, the pre-Christ God-the-Son in the Holy Trinity.

The first book (not the lion witch wardrobe) is kino, the creation scene is vivid

Is aslan suppose to be Islam?

Is this a Muslim book?

The Magicians Nephew?

The Magician's Nephew is indeed a good book and I like that it gives Jadis some much-needed characterization but calling it "the first book" just because it's first chronologically is silly.

I think I felt the first stirrings of sexual desire whilst reading The Silver Chair. I imagined it was me, not Eustace, who was the hero going on that long trek with the lovely Jill (she looked delightful in the illustrations), carrying a sword, sleeping by a campfire and having those amazing adventures — it was delicious in a forbidden way. (The emotional textures of sex and danger were entwined for me at that age.)

But there was an aspect of Lewis’s world which caused me great discomfort. The enemies of Narnia were from a country called Calormen, and we learned more about them as we progressed through the books — especially The Horse And His Boy. These people looked unmistakably like Saracens — medieval Muslims; the Narnians themselves looked like Crusaders. In wanting to identify with the characters, I was torn between a natural desire to be on the side of “good” with the white English children and a feeling that I was condemned to be in the other camp, the Calormenes, the darkies from Calormen (colored men?) with their curved swords and spicy food and unmistakable Islamic cultural symbolism. I knew I wasn’t a Calormene, but would my white English friends think of me as one?

One specific example troubled me deeply. Whenever Muslims mention the Prophet Muhammad, they are supposed to proclaim “Peace be upon him!” as a sign of respect. Whenever the Calormenes mentioned their leader, they always exclaimed “May he live forever!” in exactly the same tone. It seemed to be a deliberate imitation of the Muslim custom.

It's turkish for lion.

There are some very direct metaphorical Muslims in the series.

The movies skipped that book which is a shame, since it was the best one

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks it's the best one.

Is this /lit/ copypasta?

At age eleven, I had an interview for the local boys’ grammar school. My meeting with the Headmaster was a sorry array of missed opportunities to impress. I seemed to keep getting questions wrong. We moved on to a somewhat theological discussion, in which he asked me if I was a ‘Mohammedan’ (I didn’t dare to correct him by explaining that this is a term Muslims do not accept, as it implies worship of Muhammad). We discussed The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe and it suddenly hit me: Aslan was “the son of the Great Emperor-beyond-the-Sea” and he came back to life after being killed by his enemies — he was supposed to be Jesus! I had never seen the Christian religious parallels before; I just thought it was a great story.

As I grew older and had a series of intense discussions with some particularly abrasive evangelical Christians, my discomfort with the Narnia stories increased. While Muslims like to stress the commonality of Islam with Christianity — the same Abrahamic roots, the belief in one (and only one) God, the belief in all the Prophets — my Christian evangelizers always stressed the opposite, claiming in the worst cases that Islam was a false religion deliberately created by Satan to mislead people from the only true salvation of Jesus Christ. Whilst Muslims like to explain that Allah and God are actually the same, in different languages (and Arabic translations of the Bible use the term “Allah”), the Christians were adamant that this was also Satanic deceit. They also quoted extensively from Revelation, which they said foretold a chilling and catastrophic global war between True Believers (i.e. Christians) and Unbelievers (mostly Muslims) led by the Antichrist (who reports to Satan).

No, just an interesting article I found a while back. I have posted it on /lit/ once though so you'd probably find it in the archives if you searched the text.

Is this the end of it? Finish it man

All of these elements became apparent to me in the Narnia books many years after I had first read them.

Lewis does seem to demonize Islam, making his Calormenes appear so obviously like Muslims, yet their theology of worshipping and practicing human sacrifice to a hideous idol-god called Tash could not have been more un-Islamic. (Islam is endemically opposed to anything even vaguely resembling idolatry.) He must surely have known this, but most of his readers would not have had enough knowledge about Islam to see this inconsistency.

If the Calormenes had instead worshipped an invisible, omnipotent, omniscient and omnipresent God whom they insisted was the One and only One, that would have created a more authentic situation — but one much harder to deal with in black-and-white, good-versus-evil terms.

The Last Battle is the darkest book of the series — entirely reminiscent of Revelation and its apocalyptic vision of the end times — and a particular scenario is played out. Shift, the sly ape (representing the Antichrist of Revelation), persuades the simple donkey, Puzzle, to wear a lion-skin and pretend to be Aslan, deceiving many people in the process (clearly a ‘false Christ’). Shift is always in the background, orchestrating the messages from Aslan, one of which has a particular resonance with my discussions with the Christian evangelists; Shift puts out the (obviously untrue) assertion that “Aslan and Tash are the same.” In this I hear echoes of the old argument: Muslims propose that God and Allah are the same; evangelical Christians vehemently oppose this.

Decades later, I still find it hard to reconcile the fact that the Narnia books are immensely enjoyable and gripping children’s stories, with the theological undercurrents which Lewis has woven into them. Which is why I think they are a great read when you are nine years old, but more troubling later on.

Thanks user-kun

You're welcome user-chan.

I discovered my sister, who is nine years older than me, has had sexual intercourse with her husband while he pretended to be Mr Tumnus.

This is only hot if she pretended to be Lucy.

This was the case...

Reminder that they all die in a train accident and go to the "true Narnia" except for Susan who becomes a whore and doesn't get to go cause she's a whore.

>The horse and his boy

Wtf your into that bestiality shit?
That's disgusting.
Did you see that production with Daniel Radcliffe fucking a horse on stage as well?

Disgusting.

>Disney didn't make all the books into movies
one of their gravest cinema sins

CS Lewis is a paedophile confirmed.

>being a whore having consequences
it was a different time user

CS Lewis and JRR Tolkien were good friends and both Christians. Both of their work have strong Christian influence

The difference is that Tolkien found it distasteful that Lewis' work was a direct allegory for Christianity, rather than just having Christian themes as Lord of the Rings does. He felt that it detracted from the story.

Good.

Also I just found out that Mister Tumnus is James McAvoy and he's pretty handsome so I can't exactly fault her taste.

Shut the fuck up.

>cinema sins
*DING!*

Maybe that faggot should learn some history and he might understand why christians arent that endeared by islam.

Peter's the oldest tho, and he's basically the Aragorn of Narnia. What Aslan doesn't want is staceys, Susan was specifically permabanned because she got too obsessed with makeup and superficial girl shit.

I really doubt that the majority of the Christians who hate Islam have a knowledge of history, or anything for that matter. They just do what the big orange man in the sky tells them to.

>not popping your first boner when Jadis was choking in the wood between worlds

Pleb taste confirmed, it's like you don't even WANT to dominate amazonian sorceresses

Doesn't The Last Battle also have that one good guy not-Muslim who walks into Shift's Tash-hole of his own volition, and on the other side he finds Aslan in the paradise and Aslan basically says "You worshiped Bird Satan but your values were those of Lion Christianity so that means you get to go to Onion Layer #52 Heaven, good job son".

Which is a bit more nuanced than just "fuck Islam", rather Lewis seems to be demonising the culture built around Islamic countries while acknowledging the religion itself isn't inherently evil.

the Son and the Father are the same being

You're getting mixed up. Aslan kicked Peter and Susan out of Narnia at the end of Prince Caspian because they were too old. Peter doesn't return until the end of The Last Battle because at that point he fucking dies in a train wreck, and that's the part where they say "Well Susan stopped believing in Narnia so she's the only one who doesn't get to come back."

While I'm a Christian, I have to say it's rather horrifying the way the books ended from Susan's perspective. "Sorry, your whole family died! That's what you get for not believing in Narnia!" If this is the punishment for Sup Forums shitposters who say that "such and such is for children", yikes.

that's heresy

Nah, it was implied that susan was the only one who wasn't manchild/womanchild anymore

To be entirely fair, The Silver Chair was written before The Magician's Nephew so someone who read the books in publishing order would not have seen that until later. By the way, I hate The Silver Chair. Worst book in the series.

hey user, do you suppose you fucked up in some way that resulted in you being stuck on Sup Forums as a punishment while your immediate family members are in narnia now?

>reading goodreads reviews for the last narnia book
>all of the ones written by women were buttblasted by susan being excluded from narnia on the basis of her whorish activites

lmao reading all of those was fucking great

Christuck please. Jesus is the son of God. He is our brother, not God himself. Peter and Paul (two homosexuals who hated Mary Magdalene, Jesus' wife) copy/pasted a bunch of shit together to create the false Jesus is God narrative.

>I imagined it was me, not Eustace, who was the hero going on that long trek with the lovely Jill (she looked delightful in the illustrations), carrying a sword, sleeping by a campfire and having those amazing adventures

I know exactly what he means. I am not embarrassed.

no it isn't
the holy trinity means theyre all the same

>two homosexuals
peter was a married man

I have actually been tormenting myself for the past year trying to determine the heavenly logic that deemed it necessary for my best friend to die while so many genuinely evil people still live, so maybe I have found myself in a similar predicament.

>Peter and Paul (two homosexuals who hated Mary Magdalene, Jesus' wife)

how do you get so many things just so fucking wrong?

they share a lot of similarities,for one,both aslan and god they are fictional characters.

>Did you see that production with Daniel Radcliffe fucking a horse on stage as well?

you're thinking of equus. there is no bestiality in equus.

Jesus had two dads. He turned out pretty well.

I just find it weird that anyone can possibly get comfy with The Silver Chair. The story is just fuckup after fuckup and Puddleglum is the ultimate wet blanket. Now Prince Caspian, that one was pretty comfy.

I thought the whole point of Peter & co returning at the end of The Last Battle was a way to indicate they were validated in the end by Aslan, and was meant to imply he sent them back so they could live fulfilling lives as normies? So yeah, Aslan doesn't want old hags/geezers in NARNIA but Narnia is a transitory world anyway and he's cool with them in his actual new holy land. Peter even gets to drive off Bird Satan on his way back.

And yeah, Susan just makes me wonder how many people were just...left behind whenever Aslan creates and destroys a world, just because he thinks they're massive thots.

I keep forgetting that, read the books in chronological order storywise when I was young so I always think of Nephew as the first book.

I feel Silver Chair is sort of meant to be the Silmarillion of the Narnia series. He sets up all this weird shit living under the world that exists solely to participate in The Last Battle's not-apocalypse. I think it could've been fixed if the villain really was Jadis reincarnated instead of a literal who, and it focused on exploring the idea of evil's persistence instead of just having these random encounters.

Dont they all die in the last book?

Susn not believing in Narnia genuinely annoyed me as a child, I thought it was beyond ridiculous

It was kind of out of nowhere and didn't really match with her characterization in the previous books. It felt like Lewis was utilizing her to unsubtly make a point about his religion instead of writing her like a natural character.

I agree with what you said about The Silver Chair. I see what he was going for with it but it could have been executed better. One thing I will say is that Jill and Eustace turned out to be pretty badass in The Last Battle, so that did a lot to redeem them in my eyes. Just a shame that so much of their previous adventure was a waste of time.

He was Jesus (sacrificing himself and coming back from the dead)

Gandalf resurrection is pretty on the nose

His dad's weren't gay though. Joseph was just a cuck.

>look up the illustrations
>she basically looks just like Alice from Touhou

I see why people like her so much.

All good stories start like that.

Actually mufasa. He guards the gates to heaven.

/thread

Right, next you'll tell me Superman is supposed to be Jesus.

Yeah but Tolkien hated Narnia not just for the blatant in your face Christian allegory but for the inconsistent hodgepodge of mythological and fantasy elements thrown in willy nilly and how Lewis turned the books in on basically the first draft

Kek this is a goldmine. Thank you

Reminder that there is actually another story that comes before those four kids.

woops

Didn't they all die in a train accident which Susan wasn't on?

someones mad at Church

I only read the first book which was prequel to a first movie and i think this lion faggot created Narnia from absolutely nothing.

>susan being excluded from narnia on the basis of her whorish activites
explain this

she is a woman.

but there are other female characters in this series? I don't get it.

>Disney stopped making them into movies before they got to the unfilmable ones

FTFY

>yfw Aslan is Lion in Turkish

susan stopped believing in narnia and its stated that she was more concerned with "lipstick and stockings" or some shit like that and some believe that the implication being made here is that she was becoming quite promiscuous or something

lmao how the fuck did the feminist haven't picked up on this? maybe cause the movies flopped

Dear me, what do they teach them in these schools?

No he isn't

He's Moses.

I thought it was implied that Susan joined them later on? Like she started believing again in old age or something.

Probably an allegory for somebody losing their Christian faith and then finding it again just before they die.

read the magicians nephew tard Aslan literally roars creation into existance

If anything he's Jesus. Sacrifices himself for the good of Man. Though later on CS Lewis sorta retconned that into him being God because he creates Narnia.

lewis was gonna write another one focusing on susan but he died

Moses >>>>> jesus

that's fact

>lmao how the fuck did the feminist haven't picked up on this?

some have, hence the salty goodreads reviews. if you're talking about more well-known and mainstream feminists, it may be because the narnia books are a little niche to begin with and they were written some time ago

spot the kike

She didn't stop believing. She started using lipstick, wore stockings and started having pre-martial sex. Lewis and lion-Jesus didn't like that one bit.