What happened to all the good Martial Arts Tournament movies?

What happened to all the good Martial Arts Tournament movies?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=EDbCZaAHEXI
youtu.be/Hoo5jwlT7xE
youtube.com/watch?v=KBWuDhIv9B0
youtube.com/watch?v=egulbekmJGA
youtube.com/watch?v=zQ6ny-fROX8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>good martial arts tournament movies

*fun martial arts tournament movies

>Enter the Dragon
>Bloodsport
>Best of the Best
Come off it ya shmooper

They had their time. Enjoy what was produced when they were popular.

feminization of society

>muh toxic masculinity

estronauts do not understand them

fuck off to Reddit where you came from you flabby roastie

Ip Man came out fairly recently
But the craze of martial arts movies was due to the opening of China in the '70s and the spread of culture but by the '80s there were too many American knockoffs to sustain the genre in any meaningful way

UFC kind of killed a lot of the mystique surrounding traditional martial arts t b h, everyone claiming they could do death touches and they were 300-0 undefeated 20th Dan black belts got exposed as frauds and majority of them just got taken down and choked out. If they made a remake it would have to be everyone with an MMA base with slight variations but the Bloodsport model of styles vs styles would seem goofy. High level televised kickboxing and MMA also exposed how ridiculous a lot of the fight choreography was as well

Street Fight w/ Sonny Chiba is the ultimate martial arts movie
Prove me wrong

Martial Arts movies died when Bruce Lee died.

did u see Never Back Down, tho? high art

muscular manly white/black/yellow guys just being man, beating the shit out of each other, training until their muscles are sweaty and oily, giving zero fucks and banging random women.

yea no thats not working in our society right now. Imagine a guy like Van Damme without a shirt accidently strifing a sideboob or something. immediate RAPE allegations and toxic white patriarchy discussions

>What happened to all the good Martial Arts Tournament movies?
Idk but I miss them ;_;

Undisputed managed to make MMA really fun and hardcore though, ridiculous choreography is what the people want

fuck i miss 80s/90s style action movies

is this possible natty

yea. you only have to train every day and keep a strict diet.

oh yea and also 1 kilogramm of cocaine each week like Van Damme.

It's boring video game shit.

Neon Blades is entering in production next year. You should look for that.

everything is UFWPC or something like that now

I love Bloodsport desu senpai. great soundtrack

youtube.com/watch?v=EDbCZaAHEXI

soyboys don't like martial arts,fights and explosions, they want just capeshit. and feminazi don't like masculinity.

>don't like fights and explosions
>they just want capeshit
what French expressionist capeshit are you watching, user?

Pure erection.

>fight and explosions
>in capeshit
you call that a fight ? they fight like little girls, nobody die, and they talk like friends in a fucking fight, they add reddit humor in a fight.

He was kicking the wall WITH HIS FUCKING LEG!
BAAAAHHH!!!!

>estronauts
stealing that

unironically kino

Why watch a Bloodsport remake when you could watch it in real life...
Bloodsport Karma
youtu.be/Hoo5jwlT7xE
pure MMA kino

Man of Tai Chi is good

>one of the most prestigious underground fighting tournament
>everyone and their uncle knows where it's being held

When I was younger my dad flipped his fucking shit when he caught me watching Bloodsport.

Why, was he raising you to be a gay?

No but I found out your mom raised you to be gay when I fucked her last night

Sounds gay

took me a second

wat, why?

youtube.com/watch?v=KBWuDhIv9B0

kek

>never back down
Amber Heard and Michael Jai White
youtube.com/watch?v=egulbekmJGA

Also boxing movies are making a kinda comeback
>Southpaw
>Creed
>Bleed for this
and Warrior is a nice kino with a big guy

Warrior is the only one close to this in recent times thats not in some gook language

youtube.com/watch?v=zQ6ny-fROX8

I don't know but there was something magical about these movies.

I hate miles teller

Has nothing to do with Tai Chi but it's fun.

Its because its all made up, its fantasy. Bloodsport was based on a guy who at the time people thought had really done a tournament like that but it was all bullshit. Anime is the proper place for this tournament stuff

Keanu Reeves produced/directed/stared in a recent one called Man of Tai Chi. The protagonist is Keanu's old martial arts instructer and fight choreographer from the Matrix trilogy. He plays a Tai Chi expert who gets involved in an underground bloodsport, it is not a tournament movie but he ends up fighting all kinds of different martial artists like you find in tournament movies. Keanu plays the bad guy.

In the early 90's, UFC proved that most traditional martial arts are memes. And Beijing largely overtook the Hong Kong film industry.

No one thought this shit was real, you fucking retards.

>very good, but the wall won't kick back

kicksboxer has any good one?

people used to think the WWF was real. People thought the cast of Gilligan's Island were actually stuck on an Island. dont underestimate stupidity

this movie is pretty fun, more entertaining then the first one

Atrocious.

Actually, people did think Asian martial arts were real until very recently. In the 70's and 80's there was no internet. People ironically believed in Shaolin monks that could project qi, or that you could really go to Japan and train under ninjitsu masters and learn how to disappear and shit. Some people made quite a lot of money running scams, making claims about secret fighter tournaments, and crazy stuff like that. Hell, Frank Dux actually managed to get his bullshit story made into one of the greatest martial arts movies of all time.

The Internet and the early UFC tournaments decimated the mystique of martial arts.

MArtial Arts movies promote Alpha Males we cant be having that now can we, the more boys who want to fight is against the feminists agenda

SEG UFC movie when?

That's like three out of seven hundred that you don't remember.

MOTHERFUCKING KARATE KID

mid-budget film died

UFC exists

I am so in agreement. It's the best way to have good fights in a movie. Though I did really like Chocolate, The Protector and The Raid as more adventure martial arts movies.

Back to tournament movies, Undisputed 2-4 are really good. Lady Bloodfight or whatever just came out. Never Back Down 1 and 2 were decent. Man of Tai Chi was good, though they wasted the The Raid guy on a non-fight.

This pretty much killed my childhood. I was so excited watching those matches seeing what crazy asian martial arts could do. Then it ended up looking like flailing as some gay Brazilian hugged everyone to victory. Ground fighting is so boring to watch. It's incredibly fun and stressful when you are ground fighting yourself, but to watch it...Bleh. It's just so gay.

>mid-budget film died
no it didnt. they just became straight to DVD or netflix movies

But said gay brazillian used an asian martial art.

>tfw too dumb for blood sport

Yeah but his own version. Which is gayer and more about hugging on the ground and mashing your dick all over someone.

Michael Jai White is totally not in this movie you fucking retard.

that's no-budget, bro.

>Michael Jai White is totally not in this movie you fucking retard.
he's in the sequel which is also good

fuck yeah, where's all the dark sci-fi shit at it seems to have completely fallen off the map.

It wasn't very good, but this was kind of female sequel to Bloodsport. Raze with Zoe Bell was much better.

And they recently rebooted the Kickboxer franchise. Dave Bautista plays Tong Po. It's terrible.

Is this any good ?should I watch this tonight or All About Eve ?

thats how it used to be. theres plenty of netflix movies with budgets over 20 million

modern soy drinking actors cant do martial arts

Why hire terrible actors just because they can do karate when you can hire great actors like Chris Evans and just CGI everything.

Blocks your path

watch scottkinos

Forgot pic

asia is soy: the continent

He had a bit part in American Assassin. I was kinda bummed they didn't give him more to do.

Low and mid tier budget films are starved of financing so most of what gets made now is horror, Oscar bait and capeshit. We live in dark times.

This. I can use some more Keanu directed kino in my life, some more Keano

Unfortunately martial arts in movies truly feels second-tier if you're big into combat sports. (good real fights > movie fights > bad real fights)

However I still want to see more weapon fighting. As long as someone gets decapitated - we want movies to show us things we can't see in sport.

What do I need to do in order to be able to do splits like this?

>Kill Kill And Again
That poster is fucking terrible

When I was about 8 years old it took me 2 days and a little pain to become flexible enough to do that. Over 20 years later and it honestly seems impossible like I'll dislocate my hips. But it's just stretching

Very rewatchable movie

>Who can say where the road goes...

I need the red pill for this

This is a great Van Damme movie, street fighting tournaments in empty pools and around cars parked in a circle with their headlights on, great stuff.

The only person I ever knew who liked these kind of movies was a chick, granted she had two older brothers so that's why, I guess. For ten years I had the biggest crush on her but never said anything because I thought she wants an Asian man, haven't seen her for a decade and just looked her up on Facebook, turns out she is (and always was) Sup Forums's wet dream. Thanks OP.

cultural appropriation
DAS RACIST
the only reason karake kid remake happened is because the kid was black, and blacks can't be racist
and even the remake happened, and no sequel in sight.
that and 80s are over gramps. capeshit replaced stallone and arnold and van damme