Does this show get bad as it goes on?

Does this show get bad as it goes on?

I heard the show is bad but I watched the first two episodes and they were fine. I mean nothing special really but they were pretty cool to watch as an iron Fist fan.

Has reverse Netflix syndrome, back loads all the "good" stuff

>Does this show get bad as it goes on?
The first 2-3 episodes are straight up dogshit. It gets pretty good after that then coasts from then on around the same quality. It's just that unlike the other shows where the back third of the episodes suck, this time they front-loaded the bad episodes.

It's mediocre throughout with occasional dips into dogshit.

Well i don't even think the first few episodes are bad so the rest must be pretty good.

nope just keeps getting better

bad reviews were just because Danny was white it's literally the best netflix show

lol

They are great though.

They set up the tone of the show, explain some aspects of the background, show chemistries different characters share and what is their connection to the Hand.

They are integral part of the story.

Integral and important doesn't mean they're well executed or well acted.

Well, I thought they were both things you mentioned. I sincerely fail to see what you mean.

I'm really enjoying it, it might be my second favorite Netflix series after Daredevil. I guess it's possible the early reviews set expectations low but there's no way in hell the show deserves a 17% on Rotten Tomatoes.

Why does shit like this count as a review?

DDS1>LC>IF>DDS2>JJ

>Mightey whitey
>Coleen Wing is actually man figure in this

They aren't exactly dogshit, but they definitely have the meandering pace and circular plot of the back end of DD2, LC and JJ.

I'm on episode 5. HOW THE FUCK DOES A HANDGUN BULLET GO THROUGH WOOD AND A METAL CONTAINER TO HIT A CAR WINDSHIELD!?

Maybe he focused his chi into the bullet

Smith and Wesson truly developed most effective martial arts style.

I'm on episode 8 and it gets better as it goes along.

Bakuto did nothing wrong.

>tfw Marvel and ABC will always continue making shows that culminate prematurely instead of like Iron Fist
I hope you fucks are proud of yourself.

illegally harvesting organs is pretty fucked up.

I enjoyed the whole twist on the old 'student has to work hard for his scholarship so that he can make something of himself in college' plot line though

>watching episode 8
>Claire says she wants to go with Danny
>"Hand thrives on fear. I have to do this for my friend. For Louisa. For myself."
F-for Matt?

Seriously, everytime Dawson talks how she's seen Hand before I can't scream enough into screen BY THE WAY YOUR FRIEND MIKE FUCKED WITH HAND TOO, HE'S A NINJA WITH MAD SKILLS WHO IS AN ALLY, YOU MIGHT WANNA MENTION THAT TO DANNY

All of these shows have those cockteases. When Luke Cage needed a lawyer towards the end of the season I was so fucking excited for Nelson and Murdock but then Luke was like "LOL NOPE"

Or when they talked about how if Misty runs out of blood she loses her arm, and then fucking nothing happened to that.

To be honest, tho, Nelson and Murdock are no more after season 2 which always translates to as OPEN sign for demons, look at Brubaker's run

In Jessica Jones it was cool how Luke was a supporting character in her show.

And I will be seriously pissed if Charlie Cox won't at least guest-star in Punisher's show. But sure, they'll have Karen in every goddamn episode.

they treat the references like all the shows are made by different companies and they'd be sued for directly mentioning a character and it's infuriating.

Hopefully we'll have an episode of The Punisher where Luke helps Frank go undercover as a black man.

>bad reviews were just because Danny was white it's literally the best netflix show
How about he's an angry little shit who doesn't think anything through
>Runs away from Mental Hospital instead of just waiting to show the doctor he is the iron fist
>Oh great, now I don't have any medical records and I can't prove I'm Danny, but I'm sure that won't be a problem because the show will conveniently place some dumb object in my life the next episode
Yeah, this show is """"""""""""""""great""""""""""""""""

It probably wasn't the fact that he was a FUCKING WHITE MALE but that he was a complete stranger who was let into someone's home out of purely good will and continually went against the few stipulations the home owner set
>You need my protection, some guy hit you once
>No, I really don't, please leave
>HAHA Not until I beat you up

>Okay you can stay, just don't mess with my classes
>HAHA No

the twist on providing uplift to the marginalized and oppressed in general was pretty great, especially as a counterpoint to Madame Gao

>you've got more hits on youtube than the big green guy!
Just say Hulk, for fucks sake.

fuck, that old footage of the Iron Fist in episode 10 is making my dick diamonds

Ain't his first rodeo.

we need a WWII Cap/Iron Fist miniseries

I liked it.
It's a decidedly slow burn, but with little long-term sinister implications.
Our hero isn't perfect, he's a broken kid, who grew up without ever being treated for his trauma - this makes him a bit bonkers.

I must say, the actor playing Ward is doing a smashing job, his breakdown is played absolutely perfect.

It has much more cohesive storytelling than Luke Cage or Jessica Jones, even if it stretches out the pacing a bit like they do. JJ and LC could have an entire third of their "plot" cut out for being superfluous dogshit thrown in just to add more "content".

>this show has the same type of flaws that the other shows have, but I'll act like that's a new thing

>tfw Ward had the best character arc on the show
I hope he stays a good guy

IT'S A NEW THING BECAUSE HE IS WHITE THAT KNOWS KUNG FU WHICH MEANS HE SHOULD BE ASIAN!

Wat?

They sometimes collaborate with other companies on something specific, but Luke Cage for example was strictly Marvel and ABC productions.

Fucking, Daredevil had Dogs of Hell straight out of Agents of Shield.

The show has flaws, but unlike every other show, there's nothing good about it to balance it out
You're not even arguing against the flaws, we agree it has flaws, so why are you pretending that I have some other problem even though everyone agrees that it has flaws

Stop projecting

Yeps, I hope we see him in the future.
Was bit disappointed with Davos in the last ep.
And with Joy too - I can't buy a fall from grace there.

I think he's great when he shows off drug addiction or when he's doing dramatic scenes like every dialogue with dad. His over the top acting is the right kind for me.

He doesn't sound like a good businessman to me though, because in every scene he sounds like fucking 50 years old alcoholic. Yes, he in fact an alcoholic, but it makes it hard to believe that people around him don't see that as well.

he isn't a good guy, he's every bit as bad as his father and always has been. He only aligned with danny to further his personal objectives, just like his father

not that I'm going to know what happens because theres not a fucking chance I would watch a season 2 of this garbage

the only reason I would come back to these netflix shows are for punisher and king pin, there are absolutely zero good characters outside of those two in the entire showverse

I think slow pace problem immediately fades away with 4th episode with good fights, good choreography and overall solid writing and casting.

>Ward
Best performance, hands down.

Zombie Harold though

Davos has the seeds of good bad guy in there but he needed a little something extra to really make it believable. Like I can buy that he was bitter about not being an ironfist and the fact that Danny just fucking ran off right away but it needed to be explored more. They should have left the actual side turning for season 2

Joy turning was retarded though
Nah Ward was a bro at the end. He didn't have to offer Danny a place at the company, give a fuck about his sister or do that thing with the pictures at the end where he honored Danny but he did anyways.

Not saying he's a flawless good guy but hes no where near as much of a bad guy as I thought he was going to be

>there's nothing good about it to balance it out
Please run through the other Netflix shows and what redeemed their flaws.

anyone else wanna fuck whoever plays madame gao?

THAT was a fun bit.

you do you bro

>Spends three episodes convincing everyone he's Danny Rand even though we, the audience, know he is
>Everyone conveniently forgets everything that happens in the movies for the sake of the plot
This show is so frustrating

>his sister
>hmm isn't she supposed to be in her mid 20s, why would they cast a 40 year old woman??
>look it up
>oh god she was only 29 in real life during the filming

fucking white women, bro

OH SHI- IT'S DAVOS

>Danny goes to K'un-Lun at the end

when the fuck does Defenders take place then?

whoops nvm

and he's paki instead of ching chong

fucking dropped

>let's kill as many as we can on our way out
>they don't kill anyone

>GUYS DONT WORRY WE GOT SHANG CHI HES ASIAN

>not even in the show

lololol

On episode 6 with the trials and the choreography/fights looks so fucking slow. It really makes it looks so corny.

Yeah there were a few times where I thought she looked like she was in her 40s or something

>Joy fine with killing Danny at the end

what

this, better than Luke Cage, the previews best Netflix show.

The family drama is way more effective

Iron Fist was dogshit since the start. Haven't seen acting this bad since I watched The Room, even fucking Power Rangers/video game trailers have better acting.

>entire reason she questions her dad at the end is because he fucked over Danny
>she herself rejects her dad because hes a creepy asshole that was stalking her and setting up her friends
>Waid is there telling here what a piece of shit he is and how he has been one for longer then Danny was around
>she still blames Danny for everything falling apart at the end
It was dumb

JOY
A
BEST

brofist, i'm into grannies too

Was Spoony Danny's dad?

Well everything was going great up until he showed up.

Personally I hated how they treated the Iron Fist powers as a deus ex. He is supposed to be able to fight with it constantly, heal super fast by meditating with it, and do lots of other cool stuff... and that is all BEFORE he gets the tome of the Iron Fist with all the secret techniques.

Ah fuck I thought he looked familiar and I couldn't place it
Yeah but the fact that she was cool with killing him at the end was such a leap that it didn't feel realistic.

How is the TV show cultural appropriation?

I'm asking here because I'm sick of 70 IQ Neo-Nazi retards from Sup Forums answering me constantly with their meme replies about Jew agendas.

Figure they don't come here since they hate this place.

Best parts are when Colleen and Claire give Danny shit for being a dumbass.

Just finished episode 6 and it left a bad taste in mouth that I don't want to watch anymore of it really. All he does in win chun and taichi bullshit then the hand went full dishonor like what the fuck,

because martial arts are an Asian thing and Danny isn't

>Sup Forums
>hating Sup Forums

lol stop concern-trolling

I assume this is sarcasm, because martial arts has been dated all over the world back thousands of years. Greece, France, Africa etc.

I'm not up to date with all the latest buzzwords, no idea what that means

I'm not saying I believe it, I'm just giving you the answer I think people who believe Iron Fist is cultural appropriation would give.

haha good one

little do the sjw know, zen buddhism and eastern martial arts were created by indians, not the chinese. So a white person is ethnically closer to a real martial artist than a chinese man is

Gotcha. I hope the reason isn't that shallow.

buddhism has it's origins in india, but it's a completely different religion in terms of practice and form
I don't really know where you're pulling the eastern martial arts thing from though

It's funny how SJWs are more racist than the people they hate
What next, only black people can do rap and steal?

There was a notable case of a black woman attacking a white kid for having dreadlocks so yeah, pretty much.

Stormfront

Stormfront

Basically it's the idea of a white person going to a foreign land, and getting better than the foreigners at their own thing.

I really wish that they explained his powers, they never show or tell how he got his powers, just he goes into a cave, we aren't even told what's even in the cave other than a "dragon" I hope they something, even if it was some ancient Kree shit I wouldn't care also I don't like how the family keeps flip flopping on their allegence towards Danny joy is the worst at this

retard

Its not. The SJWs, being the racists they are, saw a guy doing martial arts and immediately thought he was supposed to be asian

Stormfront

That's never been the case with Danny though. He's not the most learned or the most naturally talented fighter, he's just the most driven.

Tumblr

>Waid is there
>Waid

I'm near the end now. I actually quite liked the show early on, but as it goes on I find myself asking more and more;

>what does the protagnoist actually want
>why are these more interesting side characters helping him
>which villain is least interesting
>this guarding kun lun business sure sounds important
>why couldn't this just be the Colleen Wing show

reddit

What the fuck is stormfront you autist

They had a whole bit were he literally told her her martial arts was shit and her dojo students were shoddy.

Also I find funny the moment he touched her Katana she went full GLORIOUS NIPPON and basically had a Kendorgasm.

Something aweful

isn't K'un Lun vulnerable to attack if Danny is busy fucking around in NY this whole time?

a white supremacist website. He's calling them neo-Nazis.