Will we ever have a live action version of this kino?

Will we ever have a live action version of this kino?

Only if they cast a black for Shinji and a nonbinary for Rei and make Asuka a coalburner.

Who would play Misty?

black guy and tranny redhead it's all we need

Hopefully not

How the fuck can people like Rei over Asuka?

Came here to post this.

Autism

I fucking hope not.

>t. soyboys

>implying someone with low testosterone wants a boisterous and headstrong woman

You got it the wrong way man.

No that's exactly right. Betas always want what they can't have.

I want something else.

This makes no fucking sense.

So to want a headstrong girl is soyboy

But to have (therefore want) a headstrong girl isn’t?

Rei is the soyboy pick, shes quiet, weird, and autistic, soyboys want those that reflect themselves.

They'll also forget to cast an actual Asian.

Finn Wolfhard as Shinji

Hopefully not something from holywood, they have the power to turn anything they touch into shit.

>Snyder

Dead on arrival.

Is it even possible to cast Kaworu? I got the sense that he was so absurdly attractive his appearance could only be conveyed through animu. I don't think I could find an actor that resembles him, let alone one who could portray him correctly.

This. I would want it done by japs. Otherwise those kikes will replace every character with a PeeOC.

everyday this circlejerk

nigger tongue my anus.

right is pretty good
left is terrible

Idris Elba

She portrays actual autistic traits that appeal to other autists
It's not rocket science.

The Rei vs Asuka shit is retarded.
Everyone knows Shinji is best girl.

remove yourself

>give the airing rights to HBO
>26 episode series, 40 minute episodes
>This cast except replace Gendo with Hugh Laurie and the 3 main children with unknowns.
>Rei/Yui Asian, Shinji half Asian, but leaning white in appearance
>Adapt the original series very closely, while also adding scenes and changing things up a bit to incorporate stuff from the Manga/better parts of the Rebuilds to fill up the extra 40 minutes per episode. Also use the opritunity to fix some of the original pacing issues. Maybe up the angel count.
>New English version of A Cruel Angels Thesis and remake the intro with the live action actors
>Air each episode weekly right after Game of Thrones or whatever the big HBO series currently is
>Huge marketing push to convince normals it's the next big thing
>Work closely with Anno and get his approval for major decisions/changes
>Follow the finale up with a theatrical release of an End of Evangelion remake
>Adapt EoE as closely as possible. Shot for shot, autistically accurately with any minor changes being practically unnoticeable
>Directed by Denis Villeneuve (Blade Runner 2047)

Why attach Denis to the film whens just going to be shot for shot?

I think the best option for a movie (I like your show idea) is to go completely different (none of this ghost in the shell crap) while keeping the themes and heart of the film intact

dating an Asuka is fucking infuriating though, but worth is

t. racist drumpf supporter

>he hasn't watched strangers things 2

Why not just rewatch the serie and EoE ?It's just better in every possible way.

I wanted him on the project just for the visuals alone. 2047 and it's holograms etc had the exact look I would want the third impact to have (but much more over the top obviously)

Because Rei is a submissive plaything that autists would feel comfortable around.

Because this is an adaptation thread, duh.

Why not just watch the original anything?

h-h-how is this legal?

Even better.

Incredible

Because weak people prefer someone who wouldn't throw back arguments

kino

>black gendo
>white shinji
My wife's son?

No

Shinji - Finn Wolfhard
Rei - MIllie Bobbie Brown
Asuka - Sophia Lillis

>Adding stuff from rebuilds
>Completely ignoring that Rebuilds are a sequel
>Ignoring that the rebuilds are a meta commentary on the fans and anno

i unironically want this

The Rebuilds exist in one of infinite time loops. Just like the Manga, anima, and every other alternate story/adaptation.

It's safe to assume a live action adaptation would be yet another time loops, so it wouldn't be out of the question that certain elements from the Rebuilds would appear in this specific time loop too.

Pic related. Mari from the Rebuilds actually makes a cameo in the Manga adaptation of Eva

Yeah and we already know that Anima is the last loop or one of them which explains the loops

> using big words to justify the existence of a soulless cashgrab

>autistic kid cries for 26 episodes the series
Don't make the same mistake I did. This series is complete fucking shit, it never gets good, Sup Forums trolls people by recommending it

Who do you think you are talking to? Everyone itt has already watched the series and enjoyed it enough to want to discuss a potential adaptation

Rebuild 3.0 had soul and everyone hated it.

> in b4 usual autist asks if he really has to watch all 26 episodes and the movie to understand it
> in b4 usual autist says he just watched episode 26 and didn't understand anything
> in b4 usual autist saying he just saw Eoe but didn't watch Eva first so didn't understand anything

You haven't watched it

GO BACK TO you fucking cunt

Listening to viewers opinions was the biggest mistake entertainment iundustry ever made.
But at the same time, difficult to say if 3.0 really had soul, 1h30 runtime only, and way too many questions remaining at the end. it will depend on how they wrap the story up.
If they leave most of 3.0 dafuq questions unanswered it will be difficult to argue it really had substance.

> adaptation
> back to Sup Forums
> on an anime website
Fuck off back to where you came from, nu-Sup Forums, you can't discuss adaptation if you're not even allowed to post a non weab picture.

>adaptation
Flimsiest excuse for a thread ever. You're a fucking embarrassment.

a movie based off it would be better than an adaptation desu

Because Rei is genuinely more likable?

Question is, how anyone can at all like Asuka?

Define "soul", it's easily the most souless of the evangelion movies.

Ramiel is best girl

Speak on that. Personally I think there is way too much important content to fit into a movie.

There is literally no better place to talk about anime while posting non-anime meme pics

Underrated post

I don't give a fuck. Discuss this medium on the board it deserves.

Do you think we will put 14 year old CHILDREN to kiss on scree???

I'd argue the first rebuild is much more souless. Maybe the second too.

You know, that militant attitude of yours would be right at home on Sup Forums.

Nobody gives a fuck about your opinion either. report and move on fucking autist.

>weaboos are stupid
Who would've guessed

Then go ahead, argue it.

Who is that as Kaworu?

>people exist who like Asuka over Rei

How in the actual hell?

>wanting a hollywood adaption of anime series

Just watch the actual anime or maybe a japanese live adaption if you're desperate. There has NEVER been a good western adaption of anime. Especially considering 99% of the time they stray from the source material and make everyone white/black and set it in the US.

She's the original tsundere.
Rei is cute but doesn't have a lot of personality for good reasons

>She's the original tsundere.
No she's not, and that's not a reason for liking a character anyway

Rei's personality > Asuka's personality anyhow, and I mean at least Rei has her own personality

Between the two, Rei is more original anyhow.

>What is edge of tomorrow

Well what I meant is that she is probably the most famous example of the tsundere archetype for a lot of people. Not that she's the first ever tsundere character.

Probably not.

I think Ghost in The Shell flopping will discourage anime to live action adaptations for a long time.

Evangelion is unadaptable for Hollywood. It's melancholic mood mixed with proper direction is unique for Anno and Eastern film schools in general. Some auters of New Wave era would probably succeed in creating something close to it, but otherwise just no. The only American director who could come close to it would be Kubrick due to some inspiration, but his usual thematic value range is too different from Eastern romanticism. Maybe Malick, but I'm not sure, probably no.
Did you watch the show? Anyway if it really comes down to which girl is to "choose" it's obviously Asuka by the show's thematic value because Rei is a representation of different existential crisis, a part of "three mothers" pseudo-Oedipal symbolism, and is mainly outside of the show's hedgehog's dilemma, her humane "female" side is mainly underrepresented. A waifufag's choice is irrelevant.

What a hideous art

>Anyway if it really comes down to which girl is to "choose" it's obviously Asuka

On the contrary, if we're choosing a girl based on the shows values and themes, it has to be Rei. Why?

Because Evangelion, being an criticism of escapism uses Rei to exemplify the virtues of accepting reality, whilst using Asuka as a warning to the viewer for what will happen if you succumb to it (escapism).

Rei's existentialist crisis is the same one Shinji and everyone else goes through, as is shown in the series finale, where Shinji mirrors Rei's words and conclusions later on. To get back to the previous point, Rei serves as the vanguard in driving Evangelion's anti-escapism point home: she doesn't engage in fatnasy or depend on external objects in order to get by in life, Rei accepts herself and the reality around her even if it hurts here. Asuka does not.

This is why Asuka succumbs to a comatose and doll-like state after having failed to understand herself beyond her own escapism, being an EVA-pilot. This is also why Rei symbolically (and in the story, literally) ascends to Godhood after defeating her suppressors in the finale.

Rei then goes on to guide Shinji into achieving the same enlightenment as well. Rei's motherly symbolism is that of a Guide, someone who raises the child and guide people - yet still is forced to accept in the end that she also needed to be close to people. Asuka was simply used as a warning to the otaku, hence the infamous scene where she is used as a sex doll in EoE.

Your analysis is little more than petty waifufag noise, ironically.

People are dumb, and the same dumb people like Asuka.

Evangleion fans are fucking psychotic retards

Nothing psycothic about it, it's what the story shows in an as overt and unsubtle way as possible. It's impossible to miss:

- Asuka is left lying lifeless in a bed serving as the masturbatory material for a 14 year old.

- Rei ascends above the earth as a winged Angel, helping to save the world from the aforementioned 14 year old

Shut up you sad autist

wow, someone's mad about anime

Ignore all those autistic and soyboy answers. The real answer is that Rei is essentially Shinji's mother in the body of a young woman. Rei exudes a motherly love over Shinji, not to mention has a very calm and submissive attitude when it comes to dealing with him.

tl;dr Betas like mommy, Chad likes Asuka

Anime sucks and is gay and this is demonstrated by the kind of reprobates that are into it

Not even close. Asuka is a pathetic fucktoy who can't do shit on her own, she's perfect for beta cucks who feel they need to "care for someone" so they can feel strong themselves. Rei is the Chad Eva pilot in herself, being capable, beautiful AND strong.

Rei is literally Shinji's mother kiddo. There is no way around that fact.

>Asuka is a pathetic fucktoy who can't do shit on her own
Wanna know how I know you have never had a girlfriend?

This is one of the most retarded things I've read on Eva.
>Rei accepts herself and the reality around her even if it hurts here
Rei is much different from human characters of the show because her reality and existence isn't comparable to show's central thematic reality: that of humans divided by barriers and pain that long for each other.
>Asuka does not.
If we're talking about the acceptance of reality, Asuka was present in the end with Shinji on the desolate beach of the real destroyed world of pain and suffering, thus saying that she doesn't accept it is simply retarded. Rei, however, isn't destined to live the human life, her future is irrelevant to the show's central theme.
>This is why Asuka succumbs to a comatose and doll-like state after having failed to understand herself beyond her own escapism
Asuka understands herself perfectly well, that's why she's constantly rejecting others, because they cause too much pain and Shinji does the same, he comes close to actual suicide once he loses someone whom he loved (Kaworu), which means absolute rejection of self.
>This is also why Rei symbolically (and in the story, literally) ascends to Godhood after defeating her suppressors in the finale.
No, the symbolism of a "winged angel" has nothing to do with any Godhood, and it's obvious that Anno doesn't find the acceptance of self and human life in general to be something "godlike" or "a reward", it's something "disgusting", but still necessary. This is a serious misunderstanding of Eva and Anno's depressed outlook.
>Rei then goes on to guide Shinji into achieving the same enlightenment as well
Doesn't seem like it, Rei didn't say anything to Shinji to "guide" him. Both in the scene that was cut and in the release he understands it himself after realising that Instrumentality is the destruction of self.

oh my god kill yourself