>still garbage except for the animations
wow

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=O8crsKbeaeU
youtube.com/watch?v=jpavhSO5W60
youtube.com/watch?v=hOsJ297XTxU
youtube.com/watch?v=42CqthpfuQo
twitter.com/AnonBabble

The spectacle is enough. It's the entire point.

Why does this movie get so much shit for having a thin plot when Miyazaki's movies are the same exact shit?

>Not even a webm

Because Miyazaki films are actually completed and don't take 20 years to be "finished".

What spectacle?

>except for the animations
no, it has Zigzag in it
youtube.com/watch?v=O8crsKbeaeU

Still a masterpiece.

> aladdin before aladdin
> garbage

There are only two publically available versions of this film:
- the theatrical release, which is nothing like Williams intended.
- the Recobbled Cut, which is somewhat like what Williams intended, but filled with lots of extra scenes because the editors wanted to salvage every piece of animation, leading to pretty poor pacing of the movie.

I would assume a director's cut of the Recobbled Cut would be the closest thing to the original vision.

Regardless, the animation in this film is superb.

He has a large team of underpaid japs, you idiot. Of course his movies get to have the privilege of being 'finished'.
Doesn't excuse his inability to tell a decent story with consistent characters.
And before you tell me, yes I am completely aware of how Miyazaki makes his movies (storyboards first, script later).
But Tartakovsky did the same exact thing with Samurai Jack, and yet his show's storytelling and writing doesn't suck in comparison.

I want to fuck Yum-Yum

I still don't get how you can get kicked out of your own project.

>garbage except for the reason why it took 28 years to make

WHO WOULD HAVE THOUGHT?

They could have animated something that doesn't have a fanfiction tier plot

Over 28 years this film changes so many times and storyboard were changed during production
That was the biggest mistake ever

youtube.com/watch?v=jpavhSO5W60

youtube.com/watch?v=hOsJ297XTxU

>miyazaki storytelling sucks
Fucking kill yourself, Sup Forums faggot.

When you fail to meet the deadline and the main financiers that joined towards the end of its lifespan aren't pleased with the WIP.

This. It's essentially one big love letter to animation and silent era filmmaking (for starters Tack's modelled on this guy).

If I remember correctly, all of Vincent Price's dialogue was recorded in the 60s.

Then you must not know much about hollywood producers.

It's a profession that requires you to be a sociopath of the worst order.

youtube.com/watch?v=42CqthpfuQo

what was the point of this?

I've seen a version introduced by Williams himself that is the most complete version of the film. Even with some of it still in animatic form, it looks fucking amazing. Really, it was an embarrassment of riches with regards to the lavish animation especially in the climax.

This is an example of artistic liberty going too far, I understand wanting to make the greatest animated movie ever but when you have to jump from investor to investor because it goes over budget, fail every possible deadline several times and refuse to work with a storyboard because it "limits creativity" you know it was a fool's errand

how similar it is to original Dune is amazing, both were to big of a project for their makers and being unwilling to bend a knee in some areas cost them what could've been great if not the greatest

Does yum yum want some cum cum, I'll flip her over and do her bun bun

She was amazing. A waifu for the ages.

Why does how he did it matter? The only thing that matters to me as a consumer is what the end product is. Johnny Test would still be garbage if I found out one person did the whole thing over a span of years as a love letter to the hanna barbera era, and I'd still enjoy Wallace and Gromit even if I found out that they met deadlines by using orphans as slave labor.

No, it isn't. Transformers movies have plenty of spectacle but they're still garbage.

>bun
bum
ya fucked up user

>Thief was best character
Should've just made a movie about his misadventures.

Yes other characters should be just motor of action for him and made movie completely from Thief's perspective

The animation.

It was garbage because Miramax took over production and turned it to shit.

>Watching Miramax instead of Recobbled Cut