Spider-Family

How would you handle the Spider-Family of titles? Which titles would go and which ones would stay?

>Kid Arachnid
I don't think so senpai

Among other things, I would like to see a team-up title specifically about the Spider-Family & allies: similar to Avenging Spider-man and Superior Spider-man Team-up.

It would have a rotating or changing cast, sometimes following a pair (for example, Kaine and Araceli) or group of Spider characters (Spider-Gwen, Silk and Jessica Drew) for one arc and then switching to another. And some one-shots with singular spider character (Miguel in the future).

It would also rotate authors and artists teams, but generally following the rule of having the same author/artist team working on the same characters, allowing for the possibility of larger narratives.

>Amazing(bi weekly? sure why not). The big blockbuster book

>some kind of secondary title about the world around him. Tangled Web is brilliant but anthologies don't sell.But something like that. Maybe a Spider-Verse anthology called "The Tangled Web of Spider-Man" that rotates between Spider Ham, Spider-Gwen, MC2 Spider-Girl, 2099, RYV and on and on. Rotating creative teams. Flexibility in story length.

>the return of Marvel Team-Up. Spidey is the regular character, go nuts with team-ups. Think more like Joe Kelly's "Spider /Deadpool" than other rehashes.

> a female-lead driven book. Not Arana (not viable enough). Maybe Black Cat if it's a fun enough look at the crime caper side of Marvel. I think Mary Jane was strong enough to lead her own solo book at one point and there's a lot of fun potential in her being "supermodel girlfriend of superhero who has her own adventures and can hold her own." Can dance around becoming an actual superhero herself.

>A villain book with the right pitch - like Conway's Carnage, Spencer's Superior Foes or Remender's Flash Venom (i know he wasn't a villain)

>Miles Morales. I think the character is still viable. Either let Bendis keep him in the corner doing his own thing or give him to another writer to flesh out. The way they're forcing him is making him hollow and boring.

I'm more interested in alt universes, villains getting a spotlight, and a healthy dose of romance & comedy than contrived formulaic browbeating of Spider-Drama.

I would nuke the entire thing, wait five years, then reboot completely from scratch. Start with Peter Parker, college freshman at [PRESTIGIOUS UNIVERSITY]. He's smart enough to get in on scholarship and financial aid, but ends up in the middle of his class. He's a hard worker, but for a while drowns in mediocrity. He has a particular talent for engineering and spends some of his spare time designing and building off- the- wall inventions. Queue "classic" bit by spider, death of Uncle Ben, etc, etc.

That name will never cease to be completely retarded

Amazing Spider-Man: Headlining book. Peter doing Peter stuff. Let him grow up a bit. Parker Industries was too much but he can't just be a perpetual loser. The science teacher angle from before The Other was good, it's a pretty normal job, and it's not something you see in a lot of superhero books. Backup of Spidey-style flashback stories for the faggots that want him to be in high school/college forever.

Scarlet Spider: Miles book. Fuck Ben, fuck Kaine, fuck clones, also gets away from the awkward "Black Spider-Man" name by going in the opposite direction. Bendis isn't allowed anywhere near it, get a writer that understands how to write a kid, let him be the relatable teen character so Pete can be a goddamn adult already.

Web of Spider-Man: Miguel, Silk, Arana, maybe the clones, BIG MAYBE Jessica Drew, Spider-Verse. Not an anthology but a rotating cast of what all the other spider-spinoff characters are doing, maybe even Black Cat, MJ, or the Daily Bugle.

Spider-Gwen: Needs a new writer that can pace a story out. The novelty's worn off, and the "losing her powers" story did a lot of damage. If she can't carry her own book put her in Web.

Venom: Flash as the main character, but not necessarily Agent Venom. Bring back Mania. Backup feature with other Symbiote characters, there are enough of the damn things floating around that you could have Eddie, Mac, the new guy, and god knows who else.

Spider-Man Team-Up: This always confused me when I was little, why is it called Marvel Team-Up if it's Spider-Man in every issue? Call a spade a spade. More Spider-Man/Deadpool in tone than Amazing Friends, DO NOT USE IT AS A SHILL FOR NEW HEROES.

Moratorium on Miles being called Kid Arachnid in any medium, because dude, no.

>Scarlet Spider: Miles book. Fuck Ben, fuck Kaine, fuck clones
Fuck off. Kaine is better than Miles could ever hope to be.

I want Spider-Sisters book

>no Spider-Mobile in the background

>Amazing Spider-Man
Keep it about pete, kick slott off. Dude ran out of steam a while ago, and could do well to be on a different property.

>Web Warriors
Team book with Kaine as Scarlet Spider, Aracely, Flash as Venom, and Mania.

>Ultimate Spider-Man
Miles Morales book. Get rid of Bendis, get rid of his venom blasts, or at least not make them a OHKO.

>Sensational Spider-Women
Team book with Jessica Drew, Silk, and Anya Corazon.

I like these book lineups and ideas, except the part of having Miles be Scarlet Spider - I love (old) Ben Reilly and Kaine and Aracely.

>>Web Warriors
>Team book with Kaine as Scarlet Spider, Aracely, Flash as Venom, and Mania.

I think the name doesn't do this any favors. Something more like "Dark spiders", "Dark Web Warriors", "Warriors of the Darkened Web"...

... But I would fucking love to read every issue of a series like it.

Amazing for Peter
Something for Miles
Scarlet for Kaine for edge
One for a girl spider

maybe have each book have back up stories told in part in a different spider comic

>Something more like "Dark spiders", "Dark Web Warriors", "Warriors of the Darkened Web"...
This is a joke, right? Please tell me this is a joke.

>Regular Amazing (can't think of a writer)
Peter Parker (Spider-Man), street level plus some supershenanigans
>Scarlet Spiders (DeMatteis)
Kaine and pre-Slott Ben Reilly. "Road" book in the vein of Lost Years, little Spider-ness beyond their origins and powers, more about characters (bring back Janine and Aracely) and themes of belonging/identity
>Ultimate Spider-Man (can't think of writer)
Miles back on Earth-1610, street level, teenage shenanigans
>Spider-Man 2099 (PAD)
Miguel back on his time, really go all out with the future setting the way Vol 1 used to
>Spider-Verse/Web Warriors/whatever (rotating creators)
Proper Spider-Family book. Done-in-one issues and short arcs about different Spider-characters (Mayday, other Spider-Women, Venom), also multiple stories per ish

>I think the name doesn't do this any favors. Something more like "Dark spiders", "Dark Web Warriors", "Warriors of the Darkened Web"...

"Black Suits"

>Miles book. Fuck Ben, fuck Kaine
How does it feel to have the worst taste ever created?

>This is a joke, right? Please tell me this is a joke.

The suggestions? Maybe (I'm not good at names). But I really feel it should get other name.

Web Warriors isn't bad, though. Maybe it's just me associating too much with the recent disaster of a title that came not too long ago.

based on what's going on with spiderman now I'd do 4 core books & 2 anthology books

amazing would be parker

scarlet spider would be ben

ultimate would be miles

superior would be SPOCK

"tales of the spiderverse" would be 1 shot stories involving the different spidermen across the multiverse

"spider man team ups" would be a teamup book involving either of the spidermen (+ any spiders that don't have core books) in the marvel universe

I'd also eventually bring back kaine & agent venom

>ASM staring Peter Parker

>Scarlet Spider staring Kaine

>Superior Spider staring Otto in Peter clone body

>Spectacular Spider-Man staring Ben

>Toei Spider-Man

>Superior Foes

>Tales from the Daily Bugle, follows a non powered photographer living in a world of amazing fantasy.

>Mayday Spider-Girl. Either have it stay in MC2, or have Mayday be Peter's time displaced daughter from the future.

>Adventures of the Fabulous Frogman.

>Agent Venom

>The Lossers: Team staring Frogman, Steel Spider, Miles, Anya, and Alpha. Miles is team leader. Miles and Alpha serve as foils of each other. No one on the team respects Frogman, but we get an arc where he proves himself and saves the rest of the team from destruction.

>Death of Spider-Man: Crossover event where one of the spiders will die. It's Miles Morales, whos death is used to inspire the rest of the team. It also leads to the destruction of the Losers, who don't know what to do without their leader.

Criticisms?

Actually, scratch the Losers. Put Superior on the book as team leader and call it Superior Six. The members also receive fundings and work for Ock Corp.

>black guy dies
Hella racist desu

Then replace him with a better character who happens to be black. Also, don't name him Spider-Man.

>black folks are interchangeable
Hella racist desu

Amazing - Peter-centric
Scarlet Spiders - Ben and Kaine and clone featuring Aracely
Renew Your Vows - enough people want it to stick around. Probably a nice gesture to include MC2 Mayday backups like Spider-Man family did before it was axed
Spider-Men Unlimited - a quarterly book or something where the main players from the same universe join for team-ups

>Kid Arachnid

This CAN'T be real.

You better believe it, big balls.

Kill off everyone who isn't Peter

A few books.

>ASM. Basically, nuke the MU and give it a semi-N52 treatment. Go back a few years to pre-Civil War. Peter is the only Spider-character, bring back the marriage. Cindy is now a teenager working as Peter's TA or assistant at TriCorp/Horizon. Some freak accident causes Peter to give her the She-Hulk treatment and she becomes his teen sidekick (still Silk, not some bullshit new identity.) Later on he gets Mayday as his teenage daughter despite the fact that he's only in his thirties. (That can be explained later, but I'm fucking lazy.

>Kaine would get his own ongoing as the Scarlet Spider, and the whole trying to live up to Ben's legacy thing.

>Spider-Woman. Go with Hopeless' run as a basis save the Spider-Women crossover.

>Black Cat solo because fuck it. She tries to go straight and live a normal life, but the increasing number of supervillains in organized crime forces her to return to the costume.

>RYV still as an AU, because people really like that run.