It's shit

Wow.

Great thread.

It's good and refreshing.

so like diet pepsi?

dood d&d crap is suddenly cool because Netflix said so

You're trying too hard.

Nah, it's quite good.
I have good taste; you can trust my opinion.

says the person using periods on Sup Forums lmao

Season 2 is shit I agree. It didn't need a season 2.

>Feel free to take the guest room for the night and fill up her cunt with your hot load

WTF do American men really do this ?

Is 80's for people who never lived in the 80's yet glorify It.

This. It's mediocre but highly appraised because muh nostalgia

That scene and everything with the goths were so bad.

>fill up her cunt with your hot load
>how was the pull out
you guys don't understand anything.

>Steve is out in the junkyard protecting the kids, handing down good life advice, and fucking up interdimensional monsters
>Meanwhile Nancy is out in some dude's basement chasing a lead that's already been found by the others and trying to get fucked

And yet all of my normie friends think Steve is the douche and Nancy did nothing wrong.

>And yet all of my normie friends think Steve is the douche and Nancy did nothing wrong
You need a new group of friends

>Steve is the douche and Nancy did nothing wrong.
This isn't just shit taste it's straight up brain damage.

now you're not trying hard enough. find a happy medium

>Is 80's for people who never lived in the 80's yet glorify It.
I have no idea where this idea that it is "fake 80s" comes from, or that they are only throwing in references just to be fashionable. This isn't Ready Player One, nor is it a pop culture reference show like "That 70's show" was.

While the Stranger Things gets D&D mechanics blatantly wrong it really was the biggest craze of 1983 and it flooded my school. It isn't pop culture references for the sake of references, the show portrays exactly what we were into at the time. This isn't my oldfag nostalgia talking but the radios, the games they played, the toys and the music was unironically my childhood (only I never could afford nice radios like they had in the show, we ran around with really cheap shit).

Retards under 30 on reddit go on and make lists about "80s callbacks and Easter eggs" and they are missing the point. We genuinely lived with star wars toys cluttering our rooms, late night D&D sessions, pilgrimages to the local arcade when schoolyard legends spread of a hot new game. The kids rushing to the arcade to play dragons lair was very similar to when my brother and some friends did the same when the game was featured on the evening news.

I am convinced the people praising it for pop culture are born after 1995, as are the people bashing it for "too much pop culture".

Seaeon 1 had very little nostalgia shit and I don't know why people act like it does. Season 2 on the other hand does that shit any time it can. Especially with ghost busters

>And yet all of my normie friends think Steve is the douche and Nancy did nothing wrong.
this is the first time i’ve heard anybody think this. even my fucking mom thought steve was a bro this season

My friends are the same fucking way, we got into an argument about this and when I asked what Steve did to make him a douche, all they could bring up was the graffiti.

If that was the worst he did, is that really enough to make him a douche? Even then he tried to stop them from doing it.

Ghostbusters was the surprise blockbuster of the summer of 1984 and season 2 takes place in fall 1984. It would actually be weird not to include Ghostbusters especially at Halloween (it was the most popular costume that year by far and at school I had to help paint this shitty ghost busters banner for our school halloween party).

Imagine a film made in the year 2040 about a group of nerdy teenagers in 2009. Would it be considered pandering to nostalgia for Avatar, Iron Man or the Dark Knight to come up? Or to show them playing modern warfare 2 on the Xbox 360? What if they included "Bad Romance" from Lady gaga?

Based redditor

>Imagine a film made in the year 2040 about a group of nerdy teenagers in 2009. Would it be considered pandering to nostalgia for Avatar, Iron Man or the Dark Knight to come up? Or to show them playing modern warfare 2 on the Xbox 360? What if they included "Bad Romance" from Lady gaga?
>tfw this is probably going to happen and i will be alive to see it

Upvoted!

>everyone who isn't a contrarian 19 year old such as myself is reddit
Ok

heh.. you wouldn’t understand. .. redditor

It will be impossible for it not to happen. The "growing up in iGeneration" movies will probably start coming out within 10 years where they look back fondly to a childhood in the early 2000s with harry potter and LoTR, Shrek, Halo, star wars prequels, and featuring music from the black Eyed peas, Avril Lavigne, and Nickelback.

Oh was this referencing the reddit spacing newfag meme, and not "stranger things is Reddit: the TV show"? I couldn't tell which of those triggered you.

It's actually very well done. And with every terrible show you see, then the more you appreciate it more.

>not TOO cheesy
>characters make believable decisions
>characters are animated
>interesting visually
>interesting aurally
>well paced (most of the time)

Only seems like pandering because Sup Forums has made me so paranoid about stuff like this. You know how it is

Just wait until ready player one comes out. To be fair it will be intentional pandering as 80's retro is actually the driving force of the North American economy in the year 2044.

when you were born afterr '96, i guess it is

thanks for catching up with the rest of the class, precious

I doubt that will happen but I’m sure some classic Lil Jon tracks will be used in the next 10 years.