Sup broos what did you think of pic related?

Sup broos what did you think of pic related?

watchable. worse than RO

glib facsimile

Better version

two paws up

New Hope rehash right in the middle of the series. Truly embarrassing when we look back at it in a few years.

Reintroduced Star Wars to a whole generation of people that didn't get to enjoy the global phenomena it was in the late 70s.
Established new characters for a new era of Star Wars.
As for the film itself, it was ok. 6/10.

I'm sick of this shit.

TFA is plays like s Star Wars Greatest Hits mixtape because it had to course-correct for the absolute fucking franchise derailment of the prequels. They had to remind everyone what they enjoyed about Star Wars in thr first place.

Derivative? Sure.
Enjoyable? Yes.

TFA is exactly what the franchise needed it to be. A palette cleanser. If you want to blame some for the direction the movie took, blame Uncle George.

>remind everyone what they loved about Star Wars in the first place

>replace best villain in cinema history with emotional annoying faggot
>replace likeable and funny protagonists with muh nignog and muh stronk woman
PERFECT

The problem with that argument is that they ended up right where the prequels were, with slipshod plotting and standee characters.

>b-b-but kylo is emo!
>b-b-but Finn is a nigger!
>b-b-but le mary sue may may!
Nice criticisms

but thats the truth

>they ended up right where the prequels were
Jfc, the sheer delusion of contrarian faggots

>As for the film itself, it was ok. 6/10.
Kill yourself, dummy

Yeah, but what I liked about Star Wars was the characters and cool space battles.
This one had terrible characters, subpar space battles and a inferior rehash of the same plot device that they've already done twice.

But Kylie Renay is an emo and Rey is a Mary Sue. She learns how to do shit that took Luke a movie and a half to learn with training from Obi and fucking Yoda. Luke is also the son of what is essentially Star Wars Jesus. There's also is no reason Disney had to copy and paste the original movie when they could have easily made an original story of their own if they had the balls to do so and were willing to risk losing even a single fucking dollar.

Nothing more than nit picks b/c you're so desperate to find any reason hate this film. I'm sorry that your so insecure about your race/gender that you can't handle blacks and women in a space fantasy adventure film

prequels were better than TFA, with the exception of ep. II
get bent you double nigger

>cool space battles.
jesus. SW had many nice things but their space battles were always shit

is this a bait?

She is definitely a mary sue and will ruin the reboot if they don't find something interesting to do with her. The one of the biggest reasons that the originals were so successful was Han, Leia and C3PO. The new franchise doesn't have any memorable characters so far and and they're trying to force the least interesting character as a mary sue to the extreme detriment of the rest of the cast.

> their space battles were always shit
Kill yourself my man.

oh you

Ok let's say that's true, what's the reason I hate le white male kylo? Oh that's right he's an annoying actor with terrible lines.

>wow I wonder why these special effects from the 80s look subpar

TFA is the most depressing movie I've ever seen. People say it's like ANH, no, it's the antithesis of ANH. It made the same effect when I watched Indy 4 Crystal Skull, except it was x100 times worse. I knew Indy was dead, I know SW is dead forever.

Palate cleanser my ass. Neck yourself mouse shill. Tfa is worthless trash. It's only enjoyable if you're a retard.

Even discounting the rehash stuff and Mary Sue character The movie itself is bad
Half the movie is about finding Luke and then all of a sudden it's about Death Star 4000 and how it blew up some dumb planets no one cares about
Also what the fuck was with kanji club? You could have had a perfectly normal sequence of Rey /Finn meeting Han Solo but you have to throw in a pointless action sequence just to make Chinese happy?
Fuck off 5/10 flick. You might enjoy it if you're a huge Star Wars fan

>N-no it's better than the prequels, you're just a contrarian!
Tell it to Kanja Klub.

lol no. People were already buying that shit up the second we saw that shitty puppet in that charity video and by the time the first trailer came out people made up their mind that they would love it without actually seeing it. The movie could've been just JJ looking at the camera calling everybody in the audience niggers and it would still have made 2 billion. Just like TPM, except back then the critics were somewhat respectable, now they're just either dnc shills or blind fanboys that's why it has an absurdly high rating.

Also take away the rehash aspect of it and you're still stuck with arguably worse characters than the prequels, a terrible han solo and have almost nobody care about his death after the fact which is almost an achievement of it's own, lazy art/production design, and assuming being unoriginal/unimaginative is a good thing, an ADHD incoherent watered down IV. It's not even a good remake, more like robocop or ghostbusters.

Besides Disney paying off "critics" how did this garbage get glowing reviews ?

did mickey mouse rape your dog or something? Jesus christ, it's amazing that people can type this shit and then think they're viewing the movie through an objective lens

>MUH EPIC MUSIC
>MUH EPIC WORLD BUILDING
>MUH EPIC DUELS
>MUH EPIC CREATURE DESIGN

none of this shit matters in film you prequel loving video game playing autists, TFA had likeably characters, a charasmatic lead, no serious bullshit, plenty of jokes to keep adults entertained and plenty of action for the kiddies. That's all it needed.

It was a shit and unnecessary story. Music and visuals were nice at least.

just let it go. Even ST had better battles

>TFA had likeably characters, a charasmatic lead
Do you honestly fucking believe this?
How was Finn likeable? How was Rey Charismatic?

Asking /tv what they thought of any Star Wars movie. How badly do you want cancer?

>static shot of two ships lazily drifting towards each other before one explodes

You're fucking delusional if you think this is better than the Asteroid chase

>It's actually for kids, so what if its retarded as long as it's shiny enough to entrance the little shits for a couple hours.
So we're agreed, it's trash.

you mean from Clones?

kylo is a decent character, finn being a nigger annoys me, but i don't think there is much to criticize there, but rey being a mary sue is actually a big issue in the film

This, a generation or two from now TFA is gonna be the oddball of the franchise, the prequels had it's flaws but it had a somewhat consistent tone with the OT and had it's own identity, it's going to be jarring for somebody watching the saga for the first time and gets to VII and all of a sudden without warning they get all the wink wink remember humor/references along with Poe and Finn making Joss Wheadon quips reminding you that you're watching Star Wars™ movie. And that's just ignoring the uninspired world/plot of the movie. TFA relies purely on both nostalgia and the hype back then for a new star wars movie to enjoy. Both of which will be gone soon.

Yikes.

What if yoda was even older and a female ?

you are right
why do movies need any kind of artistic value or interesting moments to be considered good?
can't you see that the main characters are a gay, a black and a woman?

New hope felt like luke was finding his place in the universe, tfa felt like rey was the center of the universe

A Great Masterpiece

>artistic value is autistic world building and explaining the First Order's tax policy

Any argument I make about the themes of TFA is just going to be disregarded with "nuh uh doesn't count because of niggers kikes feminism mary sue, fuck off disney shill!" because you're an intellectually dishonest contrarian

Gets worse every time I watch it

I didn't care much for 123, 456 were just ok. Enjoyed 7 the most easily. But I can understand people who like 456 a lot .

the faggot who came up with this sequencing should be executed

Funny you should mention world building because the attempts to emulate it in TFA were extremely shitty and forced. Fucking Kanjiklub and Maz Kanata

>hurr execute people because they dont like what i like

Of all the movie franchises I call my favorites, this particular movie has the lowest rewatch value. I watched it twice, and the second time I just stopped when Solo was running from that tentacle monster.

It's just hopelessly boring to watch again, once you've already seen it.

Abrams really relies on hyped-up emotions to propel his stories forward, at least in his movies. It doesn't work after the first viewing if the character and stakes aren't really there, it just becomes actors mugging at the camera and manipulative storytelling.

Well, I've watched some Abrams movies at least four times, but the thing you describe is definitely part of the reason.

It was okay but still miles better than the complete train wreck that was Rogue One.

Explain how an uninspired remake of episode 4 with little to no creative design or screenwriting is better than Rogue One.

>better characters
>better soundtrack
>better story
All of them are a feat because the none of the above mentioned things are actually really good in TFA

>Better Soundtrack
>TFA

We'll have to agree to disagree, didn't have a single memorable piece in mind when leaving the flickomatic, whereas Krennic's theme, the ending scene's theme and the imperial theme stuck long weeks after seeing Rogue one at the Kinographer.

>Better story

I cannot accept that, TFA's story was a copy paste of ANH. Say that ANH is better than Rogue one if you want, I'll agree with that, but I just can't assign any value to a completely copy pasted scenario.

It can be an effective approach and Abrams has done it well. It fell flat here, for whatever reason. Star Wars is maybe a bad fit for him, it demands a certain naivete.

I liked the giant testicle monsters that ate everything in their path instantly except the guy with plot armor. I also like the 3rd death star; pretty clever writing, IMO. Oh yeah, and the new darth vader that forgot about the force at the end battle. Pretty good movie 11/10 DESU.