Sup Forums what do you think of the 2007-2010 period of

Sup Forums what do you think of the 2007-2010 period of
cartoon network?

I really liked those cartoons. Although every time I turned it to CN back then it was Ben10 or that stupid gym partner monkeyshit show

Chowder and Flapjack made it bearable.

Chowder was cool, it felt kinda weird to see the finale
Flapjack used to and still creeps me the fuck out most of the time
Still best boy
R63 of him is a qt3.14

Jesus Christ these two were pretty much the face of CN during that time. It's insane that they're like 7 years behind us.

Around the time when those live-action "Fridays" segments were replaced with "Fried Dynamite" and "Friday Night Premiere Thunder," CN was starting to lose it for me. Billy & Mandy, Fosters, KND, Lazlo, Gym Partner, all felt like they had overstayed their welcome and I was ready for them to be done. I was not expecting how awful the periods of CN embracing live action would be, though.

It was the proto stage for CalArts tumblr bullshit

only thing salvageable from that shitty era honestly

>death of Fridays
>death of Toonami
>shows like EEnE and Billy and Mandy were past their prime
>rise of canadian shows and live action shit
if it weren't for the two cartoons in your image it would be unwatchable

YOU TAKE THE MOON AND YOU TAKE THE SUN

YOU TAKE EVERYTHING THAT SEEMS LIKE FUN

>Chowder episodes written/boarded by Flapjack boarders
The Snail Car (written/boarded by John Infantino)

>Flapjack episodes written/boarded by Chowder boarders
>Pete Browngardt (with non-chowder crew member Max Winston)
Wishing Not So Well
What's Eatin' Ya, Cap'm?

>Tom King (with non-chowder crew member Noel Belknap)
These Boots Were Made for Walking (On Your Face)
Who Let the Cats Out of the Old Bag's House?
Fish Out of Water

>Episodes of both shows boarded by Brett Varon (regular crew member on both shows)
Snarked
Foot Burn
Balance
Mechanical Genie Island (with Mike Roth)
The Catch Phrase
Won-Ton Bombs
The Trouble with Truffles
The Brain Freeze
The Chain Recipe
A Faire to Remember
A Little Bit of Pizzazz!
Old Man Thyme
Chowder Grows Up (with Ian Wasseluk, William Reiss, and CH Greeblatt)
I'm a Believer (with John Infantino)
Liar, Liar, You for Hire?

I miss it.

You're being negative, but Flapjack HAS been responsible for a huge chunk of 2010s animation, by virtue of the people who worked on it going on to make their own successful shows.

If Flapjack never existed, what would cartoons look like today?

The cartoons were good, but CN real ruined it

they'd be completely different from what they are now, but they would still look like shit and we would hate them regardless

I was in middle school during this time so it gives me some grade A nostalgia.

Those two cartoons were good.
From what I recall everything else wasn't.

People don't seem to remember Camp Lazlo as much as these two when it was just as good if not better

I have always found Flapjack rather overrated, particularly on account of its main character. People complain about the protags of certain cartoons today being irritating; Flapjack was twice as bad as any of them

Flapjack is one of my favorite pieces of entertainment ever, not just one of my favorite cartoons. I absolutely love it. I kind of like Chowder but I was never a huge fan of it.

was about to say... yeh only Chowder and Flapjack where good... i though Gym partner was passable

>Camp Lazlo
the crazy thing is that was the cartoon that was advertised the most from 2005-2008 and yet right when it ended it completely faded away from people's minds. I remember liking it back then but it really had no lasting appeal and was the epitome of average.
Gym Partner actually got better during it's later seasons because they stopped giving a shit and got really meta. Went from a show I disliked to a guilty pleasure

Flapjack was balanced out by his co-star, and the universe gave him proper comeuppance when he became insufferable. The show also wasn't trying to beat you over the head with character development or overarching story, so it didn't bother me much when flapjack would learn things and somewhat forget them.

What about pic related?

I don't necessarily look at 2009 as "the dark age," because these cartoons still existed. If I remember correctly this was around when CN started pushing out a lot of Canadian shows, not that I disliked them, those shows gave me top tier waifus. This was around when FHFIF and EEnE ended. It's mind boggling to remember that Flapjack and Chowder were still airing when Adventure Time started.

honestly i kinda liked it... felt like a guilty pressure back then

imho both Chowder and Flapjack were insufferable.

Flapjack was a carbon copy of Spongebob, right down to the laugh. The weird shit was just stupid and the creepy shit, which could have been cool, did not integrate well.

Chowder had a shitload of cute characters and fun designs. I loved the old Jewish couple and Chowder's schoolmates. But Chowder himself was awful. A character who always ruins everything and never learns anything is acceptable, but not as the main focus of your show, for god's sake. I would have loved the show if he'd taken his apprenticeship more seriously, but instead we got "He's dumb and can't stop eating! Every single episode! Forever!"

Loved it. Still have my AllSpark Almanac.