Those who saw "The Square" what are your reflections, impressions, thoughts and take-aways?

Those who saw "The Square" what are your reflections, impressions, thoughts and take-aways?

Other urls found in this thread:

allocine.fr/film/fichefilm_gen_cfilm=214103.html
youtube.com/watch?v=zKDPrpJEGBY&t=9s
youtube.com/watch?v=sBdQZins_qM
google.com/search?q=Terry Notary&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwixxJn59OHXAhUQ1WMKHTHwCREQ_AUICigB&biw=1098&bih=676
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

i haven't seen it but judging by the poster it might be kino

it's actually, perhaps, about kino itself

Ostlund is a nihilist

WAITWAIT
tsssss
The Square what is it a buncha shapes or sumthin
tssss
Who does he fight the circle or a buncha rectangles n shit
tssssss
probly a triangle

>they actually called it "Snow Therapy" in France

>Snow Therapy
no they didn't.

allocine.fr/film/fichefilm_gen_cfilm=214103.html

What's it about exactly?

that isn't this movie...

About how hip it is to be square.

Most basically a museum art director having a crisis. It won Palme D'or. Here's a trailer: youtube.com/watch?v=zKDPrpJEGBY&t=9s

youtube.com/watch?v=sBdQZins_qM

Who said it was?

just another dumb shit frog poster

I thought it was too preachy at parts. It was too long. There were parts that never really went anywhere.
And as a Norwegian it felt too swedish.

I was surprised at how hilarious it was, I was cracking up for pretty much all 2 hours which usually doesn't happen to me. I wish that they cut out at least 20 minutes from it though.

Agreeing. The funny moments were a very different kind of funny.

I feel like is *extremely* surreal. But in an extremely subtle way. Normality was shifted in such quite unexplained ways. But never too much to become obvious.

No, he's actually a very intelligent and conscientious director who understands modern society and is not afraid to critique it. Play is considered a dangerous film by the Swedish government. Force Majeure tells men exactly what their place in the world should be. I haven't seen The Square yet but I bet it will be more absolute truths that Ruben will show us.

Best film of the year. I immediately left the film unsure of how to feel and about an hour later me and the group I was with was still discussing it.

It says a whole lot about how vapid and shitty people can be to each other.

everytime i see the poster of The square i think its christian bale from batman begins standing on the table

It's actually a pretty legendary stunt guy who did a lot of stuff in planet of the apes... which uhh let's say comes into play in The Square
google.com/search?q=Terry Notary&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwixxJn59OHXAhUQ1WMKHTHwCREQ_AUICigB&biw=1098&bih=676

Pure kino. Modern art cucks btfo.

>There were parts that never really went anywhere.
I agree, but that’s the point, right? The film criticizes movements and trends in Art that go nowhere.
In general, I thiought the film was entertaining, and the final scene, where the dude and his daughters are walking up the staircase was amazing.

Jim Norton is a hack.

who?

Great film.

You briefly get to see Elizabeth Moss' nipples. That's the extent of my interest in it.

It felt a bit kaleidoscopic but I guess that might be intentional; you could say that the movie intends to show various social situations and the conventions that regulate how to interact within them.
The "ape" scene might be one of the most powerful I've ever seen, that actor is truly gifted.

People in my screening gasped when he pushed the kid down the stairs.