Wtf mark

Is Mark Hamill actually a brainlet? He's still bent out of shape over Luke slicing the Wampa's arm off "because it's not something Luke would do"

movieweb.com/mark-hamill-luke-wampa-scene-empire-strikes-back/

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/B6o2WX4crxg?t=1m33s
interviewmagazine.com/film/mark-hamill
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>spend 40 years being a character
>some asshole on the internet gets worked up when you know more about the character than he does
i kid but there's a grain of truth in there

I mean by default he understands the character better than anyone, but I'm not sure I like his interpretation 100%. Mostly when it comes to trivial matters such as this.

It does seem a rather aggressive method for an otherwise passive character. I mean, how many other people does Luke kill throughout the first two films?

Let's be real here, it was to start the film off on a BADASS note, so thinking that it was character-driven scene instead of imagery-driven is a little silly imo

Fair enough

>how many other people does Luke kill throughout the first two films?
At least hundreds of thousands when he blew up the death star

I feel like scaring it off with the force would have been better, but the lightsaber grab is iconic. Plus it was self defence doesn't matter if Luke wanted to hurt it or not

>feels like his acting was much better in the book

Based mark

>he killed millions
>to save billions

I always see Mark shitting on his own acting but I've always thought he was really good in ROTJ and all his stuff onwards. ANH was his worst and even then he doesn't hurt the movie.

Was the Rancorr evil? The Wampa only lost an arm, he killed the Rancorr, he killed it flat dead

oh ya... forgot about that. let me rephrase: how many people/creatures does luke kill with his own hands

Jabba's palace guards

in the first two *****

Pretty sure he killed a bunch of Jabba's goons above the Sarlacc pit.

yeah an animal that needs a fuckton of calories to survive sub zero temperatures is going to be a great hunter in a barren tundra without a fucking arm.

That wampa 100% starved to death.

He also force chokes them like Vader which is very rude

then the imperials were justified in destroying alderaan

no because then they killed billions to save trillions that then killed millions to save a few thousand

I thought he was good in empire

But Luke was a sadist who enjoyed killing animals in the first movie too.

Official Luke Kill List (IV-VI)
>likely defenseless womp rats in his T-16 (unknown number)
>a number of TIE fighters
>many stormtroopers
>millions of Imperials on the first Death Star
>wampa (losing that arm in that environment likely meant death)
>tauntaun killed on his behalf
>Imperials in the AT-ATs
>dozens of Jabba's guards and associates (there was no clear need for them to destroy the sail barge)
>Anakin by being a pussy shit

Official Bigger Luke Kill List (IV-VI)
>N/A

Who was in the wrong here?

He was just copying Ben's moves from the cantina

That's all well and good but what about Luukes kill list? We need the whole picture

Should add the emperor if we are using that logic for vader

guy who asked the question here:

1) we're talking about the first two. luke goes through a lot of changes leading up to the third film, and becomes much more base. also jedi sucks so i dont want to include it.

2) this is way too vague. i want specific examples (i dont need timecodes or anything, but saying 'many storm troopers' is unhelpful)

I really want to see where Bigger Luuke and Luuuke stand

>Luke wouldn't kill wildlife
Womp rats

Luke was half-dead and slashing in panic mode in that scene. Perfectly understandable action for an otherwise more peaceful character to do when faced with an unknown situation near death.

he was known for blowing up animals on tatooine for fun

>for fun
[citation needed]

I like how the mainstream media always creates buzz around ridiculous quotes from Mark Hamill but systematically ignored all his criticism about the Disney movies.

jedi are hypocrite scums and babies realize it now

either not paid to give a fuck about them
or paid not to give a fuck about them

>"I used to bullseye womp rats in my t-16 back home"
>shooting random animals from my airspeeder for fun
I'm sure those ground animals were a threat in the air

sounds like he's trying to push the kiddie friendly greedo shot first angle.

>random animals
for all we know they could have been rodents that stole his moisture. from that quick line i dont think we can assume that it was simply for fun.

What makes Mark Hamill an expert on Luke Skywalker?
Has he read all the comics and novels?
I dont think so

>EU matters
kek

Without the EU there wouldve been no movies after A New Hope

interesting statement. can you back that up?

it wouldve been much better

4YOUUUU

Even little youtube reviewers are afraid of upsetting the mouse. Remember when they banned an LA journalist just because the journal had the nerve to write a critical piece about Disney. They're also robbing theaters from revenue just because they have have the high ground. This is truly an evil company.

>Remember when they banned an LA journalist just because the journal had the nerve to write a critical piece about Disney
i'm no lawyer but i think you're probably over-simplifying this

Really? Watch what happens:
youtu.be/B6o2WX4crxg?t=1m33s

The yeti is literally taking a swipe at his face, if this was bodycam footage not even BLM would chimp.

Luke completely annihilated Jabba's palace along with everyone in it, even the innocent slaves. And why did he do it? To save his sister's scumbag boyfriend who rightfully owed a shitton of money to the galactic mob. Talk about Jedis and attachments

partisan space-journalism at it's finest.

womp rats are basically hyenas, they're probably shoot on sight on Tatooine since they're aggressive and dangerous

Do you believe we wouldve have marvel movies without marvel comics?
The EU has been maintaining the brand afloat

Poor bait

>stuck in the lair of a dangerous carnivorous beast
>only weapon is a lethal lightsabre capable of cutting through solid steel

What exactly did they want him to do? Cutting off the arm, while still lethal in the long run, was the least deadly thing he could have done at that point.

He wanted them to singe some fur

I just rewatched the Despecialized trilogy between yesterday and today, finished literally 30 minutes ago, and I thought the same as Mark Hamill.

I agree with him.

wamprats deserve it

>Jedi sucks

Luke isn't, that's the whole point

>implying ever single janitor on the death moon deserved to die.

Stupidity at its finest.

They knew what they signed up for.

Luke never preached like the other Jedi, he knew he was a soldier

God, the acting is terrible.

And yes, he is right. Why the fuck did he cut his arm off? He could have just run or let the cave collapse.

mark?

some of them were slave you know?

Isn't the point to reference obi wan cutting that dudes arm off in ANH

What in new hope indicates that Luke wouldn't do that? He blew up the death star

Nope. It's really as simple as that. The LA Times dared talk about what was happening in city where they have a park (Burbank?).

How many? Most imperials including stormtroopers at the time were well paid. The "stealing babies and raising them to fight" is more of a First Order thing.

What? There's nothing wrong with the acting

Wait wampa is the snow monster, no I meant something else. I don't remember now exactly but there's a scene where he kills someone and hurts someone and it felt out of character.

said the brainlet

oh right they just conquer worlds and don't make anyone work for them

the emperor used mind control to influence their loyalty

Do you mean in ROTJ when he chokes those 2 gamorreans and kills jabbas army? Because he was changed then, closer to the dark side

>thinks Trump is evil and bashes him on social media every chance he gets

CONFIRMED brainlet for sure

special effects aside SW has no value
(and now they also look like potato)

k

>hurrr he doesn't like muh orangutan president!

get over it americuck

Vader was willing to compensate Fett's bounty if he killed Han. The Empire are most neutral evil and most of the people are just in it because it's a good paying career. It certainly beats being a moisture farmer for most people.

No, it must be in the first two because I watched them yesterday.

Wait did Mark Hamil created the caracter? Did he write the scripts?
No, he didnt
You are the stupid

>If you dont cry there no acting

with this logic your parents know more about you than you know about yourself
which is not totally untrue but also not true

Sooo, this is "the Force is Female" Mouse House PR Team beating down on Luke via the actor so everyone is more of accepting of his Reyplacement as the bestest evar Force User Pro in two/three weeks?

Is that what's happening here? Is this what we're doing?

You realize that the people who wrote the story of the movies didn't give a fuck about comics and all that shit right? The only thing they cared about was that they wouldn't go against their canon. It's all trash for autists to wank over.

he actually talked about his son regularly keeping him up to date with Luke in the EU in an interview recently. Mark has also talked about Mara Jade a lot in interviews. I'm pretty sure he's the only cast member to actually give a shit about their character outside the films.

I think this is it:
interviewmagazine.com/film/mark-hamill

>t. easily triggered cornflake

The writer of this article really seems like an insufferable faggot

I hope he gets Mara in the movies, even if she is killed in the flashbacks

Pretty cool that Mark knew about eu Luke stuff though

poor mark probably he wouldn't accept the role if he was one of those rich bastards who needs no money

Lol what a stupid comparison, my parents didnt design me, they fucked and there was a genetic lotery in the embryo from wich I came up.
And they do know about me
Luke is a character however, not a real person like Mark, who is not a real jedi

delete this.

>hes not a laboratory ubermensch

I'm sure he's one of few actors in star wars to care at all. Well maybe Ewan or Adam driver

so your parents didn't raise you... I see
most of the character dev occurs when you are a kid and by your environment which your parents form most of it

>spend 40 years being a character
That's wrong though.

you forgot
>rancor
>himself

you need to keep the blade sharp

They do care when they bitch on not making money out of it
Why dont they pay back what they have gain from royalties in games videos and books if they dont care
The point is that an actor doesnt know shit about the character, the creators do and the fans that pay atention
Does Harrison Ford opinion matter on wether or not is deckard a replicant?
I dont think so
So who cares if Mark says it was out of character for Luke to cut the arm of a wampa, it was not, we know it was not, he probably just said that for the peta people anyway

>Mark Hamill is not a real Jedi
>he doesn't know

>himself

???