Hugh Jackman's THE GREATEST SHOWMAN

So, how much shit will this get for romanticizing known con man P.T. Barnum?

youtube.com/watch?v=jr9QtXwC9vc

Do people even know who P.T. Barnum is?

Reminder

Who the fuck doesn't?

Me

They had a traveling circus, I think officially stopped touring in like the 90s, but it used to be a big deal whenever they came to your city.

Most people don't know much about most people who are the subject of biopics.

>say something ridiculous
>double down on it
>offend everyone with blatant lies
>don't care
trump before trump

I got asked to work on this but declined once I realized it was just gonna be an SJW propaganda piece

A new record. Thanks ladies.

>And then the whole bus clapped.

>I'm hoping I'll be asked to work on a tv series which is described as "a straight while male cia operative blah blah blah women are great"
Money and recognition is still money and recognition I guess...

I worked on that MTV show iCandy which was pretty trashy and had an SJW lead. I'm willing to take some hits and work on projects with politics and morals beyond mine but I have to draw the line somewhere

I quit my last editing gig when I realized I was expected to edit multiple videos of Gays partying on cruise ships. You couldn't possibly pay me enough to stare at clips of degenerates frothing at the mouth on a boat. Some of the shit had me questioning reality it was so lewd

Zack is getting BLACKED.

>things a child thinks an editor would say

This movie is a SJW wet dream, no way are (((they))) gonna shit talk it. It’s all about making stars of hideous freaks because everyone is special yay!

how come no one can make an epic like demille or griffith anymore?

Reminder, they only did that because they had been failing for years.

People aren't gonna travel for miles and miles just to see an elephant anymore when they can just look one up on youtube.
Tightrope walking, acrobatics and clowns just don't cut it, but the PT bros. circus just kept chugging along, pretending that its still the 1960's.
Adapt to the changing times or die.

Yes people would. Seeing an animal in real life beats seeing an image of it every goddamn time. They only started going downhill when animal rights groups started really hammering into them and normies bought it.

>being triggered by a feelgood film telling people to feel good
wew lad
who hurt you?

The museum burns down at the end.

Is this based on the musical Barnum?

what utter pozz

There’s a sucker born every minute and they’re all going to pay 13.50 to watch this movie

>Efron and Jackman in a movie about a circus.
That's the gayest thing I've heard in a awhile.

Barnum didn't really say that, you know.

>Go to the zoo in Houston
>The elephants constantly do this thing where they put their trunks over their head during feeding
>Ask zookeeper why they're doing that
>"They're rescues from the circus and used to be forced to do tricks for food"

Fucking circus'

>And the bus driver gave me twenty dollars

What type of sjw stuff is in this movie? I saw one of the trailers and it just looked like a lame version of moulin rouge

Nope, and that's the real crime of it. It doesn't portray Barnum as a lovable con-man; in this version, he's a fun-loving family man with big dreams.
To be fair, Barnum was pretty progressive for his time, and was a member of the early Republic Party (back when it's main goal was to free the slaves). He hated contraceptives, tho.

That's a shame. Now that Jackman's finished with capeshit, I want to see him in more musicals.