Doctor Who General - /who/

Heaven Sent 2nd Whonniversary Edition

Last energy loop:

Other urls found in this thread:

trib.al/MbC6mra
amazon.co.uk/Lucy-Wilson-Mysteries-Avatars-Intelligence/dp/099574369X/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1511905556&sr=8-1&keywords=the lucy wilson mysteries
amazon.co.uk/Tommy-Parker-Destiny-Will-Find-ebook/dp/B00KLIMAYU/ref=tmm_kin_swatch_0?_encoding=UTF8&qid=1511905626&sr=1-1
reddit.com/r/doctorwho/comments/7fb7nm/why_was_scongo_edited_out_of_shada/
youtube.com/watch?v=fB2XgLUa8f8
youtube.com/watch?v=p-kWIhKw-n8
bbc.co.uk/mediacentre/latestnews/2017/iplayer-xmas-boxsets
youtube.com/watch?v=eiG2KSYBsOU
youtu.be/4uD9IJqLMBo?t=11m11s
youtube.com/watch?v=SJjBRamMlgI
youtube.com/watch?v=xgfpmMfvDRI
youtube.com/watch?v=NK7ox915Og4
youtube.com/watch?v=AI_DwAj7AOQ
youtube.com/watch?v=NwhTqTiOkG8
youtube.com/watch?v=IH7m4UNo09w
youtube.com/watch?v=NeVs2s_mPKo
youtube.com/watch?v=A5EpsmVfZi4
youtube.com/watch?v=3Kt-9vK4D80
youtube.com/watch?v=Exc9EghGGHA
youtube.com/watch?v=RRb_2lPoIKk
youtube.com/watch?v=5EI6I0f8HTk&list=PLRzGkC9jHgJacfobvGdVCLp8Qbq20AFi1&index=13
youtube.com/watch?v=AvwRrW45yCg&list=PLRzGkC9jHgJacfobvGdVCLp8Qbq20AFi1&index=142
youtu.be/nz94dvrSC_I?t=3m5s
youtube.com/watch?v=r4PMLL2hITg&list=PLRzGkC9jHgJacfobvGdVCLp8Qbq20AFi1&index=294
youtube.com/watch?v=9DbCVPgGMs8
twitter.com/BlairMowat/status/933783861426876416
youtube.com/watch?v=5EI6I0f8HTk
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

fuck

Literally a perfect episode.

Want to be a part of /who/ secret santa? Here's how!

Step 1: Set up an amazon account

Step 2: If you don't want people to know your full name go to My Account > Personalization >Your public Profile to change your name to something less tracky.

Step 3: Make a public wish list of stuff you want
Also make sure you add an address or your not getting shit. Go to List Actions > Update List Profiles. Enable 3rd party to get things from amazon sellers(and save a nice gifter a few bucks) For added safety, choose items fulfilled by amazon to avoid possible sharing of your personal address!

Step 4: You post your list with everybody elses

Step 5:???

Step 6: Profit!

Don't worry if you can't gift back, that's not what this is about.
Would like everyone who participates to receive a gift, so if you see a ** next to someone's list, move onto the next one that hasn't received a gift.

Gift Givers, please reply with the list you
purchased for so it can be noted.

17514VADVEQIM**
DGXY4RJPSQWB
1IY0A18BQA7IB
2CG83V99TQ9RD
OFSL0NT2DR5U
2IZSELC8RIKC9**
1ICTY5EYJA536
2HR8QCNPF2EJV
2869K8NQWTDYU
3PAIZYX4T3S3W -Amazon . co . uk
1MXNH09BNBX5 -Amazon . co . uk
2IZ3HNTFTN5L1 -Amazon . co . uk
user requests a the Radical Doctor Lym requests Jess art.
user requests art of a Ironside trying to make tea.
Post your lists!
Don't want a physical gift? Make a request for OC arts, Vocaroo holiday greeting, or something else maybe? Perhaps someone will fulfill your request!
Merry /who/mas!
Will add them to the copy pasta for the next thread.

Hell Bent was kino and I say as a true Doctor Who fan.

hey lym can I request a floofy hoody shop?

Sure!

Whelan's accusing a 12 year old of bullying him, lmao.

nth for Jodie.

Anyone else think forest was comfy?

I know it had a dumb resolution but I enjoyed the character interactions.

It had dumb everything, but it wasn't terribly offensive.

I liked the concept.

Doctor moon was spooky

Wrong forest.

I see where you're coming from, honestly. Shame about everything else though.

kino

Honestly, no. The girl's medication being treated as a hindrance really rubbed me the wrong way.

Yeah that message was weird.

Doctor Who is dead.

factually incorrect

New Paul McGann interview. trib.al/MbC6mra mehhhhhhhh

amazon.co.uk/Lucy-Wilson-Mysteries-Avatars-Intelligence/dp/099574369X/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1511905556&sr=8-1&keywords=the lucy wilson mysteries

>29 Mar 2018

Why is the wait so long lads?

amazon.co.uk/Tommy-Parker-Destiny-Will-Find-ebook/dp/B00KLIMAYU/ref=tmm_kin_swatch_0?_encoding=UTF8&qid=1511905626&sr=1-1

If anyone has a kindle and knows how to upload PDFs, who's going to bite the bullet?

shada upload when?

>"I’d love to get involved [with Doctor Who] again and one day I do hope the phone rings. Maybe it’ll happen."
Chibnall, please!

reddit.com/r/doctorwho/comments/7fb7nm/why_was_scongo_edited_out_of_shada/

Will Doctor Who ever be atmospheric again?

youtube.com/watch?v=fB2XgLUa8f8

When Gold leaves at Christmas.

>implying gold is leaving
hahahaha

>8 and 13
There meets to be more casual crossover with the Doctors desu

I made a list!
3CAH1CFP6G2EL

I'm a memorylet, is
>he tricked someone into burning themselves alive once
a reference to Dragonfire?
And when did they imply he made the Master the way he is? Was that in Survival?

The best episode of New Who, (humbly opinioning), and you belittle it with a pepe meme? Fuck off, I'll comment when there's a suitable thread of honour.

>unironically offended by the frog meme

I don't get it.

youtube.com/watch?v=p-kWIhKw-n8

kino

lots of marigold scores in 12's era were atmospheric like listen or oxygen

Why is Phil Sandifer such a twat? More importantly, what's he gonna say about the Capaldi era?

Heaven Sent's score counts as atmospheric. A huge atmosphere but still an atmosphere.

Lalla isn't holding a copy of mein kampf. Missed opportunity

All the Doctor Who episodes from 2006 onwards will be on the iPlayer from mid December.

Happy Christmas!

Is Series 1 on there? Why would they hold back Best RTD Series?

Ecclestone's residuals

Nope. All the regeneration stories will be, not every story.

>1IY0A18BQA7IB

Got a gift for this m800 :)

>And, in time for Peter Capadi’s last appearance as The Doctor, fans can enjoy every regeneration episode of Doctor Who from 2005 onwards - including the 50th anniversary episode.

every regeneration episode, plus the 50th

The End of Time is the only bad regeneration story desu

Only in this exceptional circumstance of GOATness. Some things must remain sacred.

>it's been literally 2 years and we still haven't gotten a release of at least just the music when he breaks the wall

wHY CANT MARIGOLD JUST PUT IT ON SOUNDCLOUD IF HE'S TOO BUSY TO PUT TOGETHER A CD

Can we get a source link for this

fukken saved

i dont think its marigolds fault for the delay

i dont think we even know why its delayed

I know

bbc.co.uk/mediacentre/latestnews/2017/iplayer-xmas-boxsets

>implying doctor who was atmospheric before gold.

I mean, sure if you think 70s electronic avant garde bleep boops are atmospheric. And I say that as a musician who can appreciate a good bleep boop

are you fucking kidding me

>we could have had a kino 8 to 9 regen in DOTD if eccles wasn't such a doodoo head

just imagine how kino it would be to see wars smile slowly turn into dread as he forgets he saves gallifrey

youtube.com/watch?v=eiG2KSYBsOU

you cant fool me again

REMINDER
Eccleston invented spoilers

youtu.be/4uD9IJqLMBo?t=11m11s

kek, nice fake

youtube.com/watch?v=SJjBRamMlgI

I remember I got into an argument about some of the more annoying bleep bloop music (on a video where someone was trashing Marigold) and they replied with, "it's not just about music, the notes are complex mathematical patterns"

Dear God it sounds like Philip Glass masturbated into Thelonious Monk's bass players F holes

He'll be as big a twat as Moffat and won't do it. :-(

WHEN IS A WOMAN GUNNA BE DOCTOR WHO?

youtube.com/watch?v=xgfpmMfvDRI

Kek. It's like Delia Derbyshire sat down and wanted to create a piece of music using that trick where you slide your finger around the rim of wine glasses with various volumes of water, and unfortunately all she had to lubricate her fingers with was her own vagina

>McGann: “I’m chuffed – I think it’s long overdue and Jodie is a brilliant choice. A year from now people will be wondering why they didn’t do it earlier. Would I like to be regenerated again? Ah, wouldn’t that be great! I’d love to get involved again and one day I do hope the phone rings. Maybe it’ll happen.”

PLEASE

youtube.com/watch?v=NK7ox915Og4

It's always so weird to me when somebody defends classic whose avant-garde music. Like, yeah I can appreciate that at the time it was cool and so strange to have this kind of minimalist take on all these ideas. But when I think about a a sword fight scene between the doctor and the master like in the sea devils, the last thing I think is atmospheric and works for that is Delia Derbyshire masturbating with an electric toothbrush sorry guys

13 regenerating into an older doctor would literally kill the show

Add it to the list of the other 6875 things that'd kill the show.

Why are the ninth doctor ear stories called Kermit audios?

How much Hartnell will you all be watching before Twice Upon A Time lads?

youtube.com/watch?v=AI_DwAj7AOQ

I think we all agree that Keff McCulloch is the worst, right?

absolutely none

Honestly, no. Enjoy some Malcolm Clarke: youtube.com/watch?v=NwhTqTiOkG8

wish they all stayed missing

>youtube.com/watch?v=IH7m4UNo09w
>youtube.com/watch?v=NeVs2s_mPKo
>youtube.com/watch?v=A5EpsmVfZi4
>youtube.com/watch?v=3Kt-9vK4D80
>youtube.com/watch?v=Exc9EghGGHA
>youtube.com/watch?v=RRb_2lPoIKk
>youtube.com/watch?v=5EI6I0f8HTk&list=PLRzGkC9jHgJacfobvGdVCLp8Qbq20AFi1&index=13
>youtube.com/watch?v=AvwRrW45yCg&list=PLRzGkC9jHgJacfobvGdVCLp8Qbq20AFi1&index=142
>youtu.be/nz94dvrSC_I?t=3m5s
>youtube.com/watch?v=r4PMLL2hITg&list=PLRzGkC9jHgJacfobvGdVCLp8Qbq20AFi1&index=294

You'll just say "I disagree haha"

Ghost Light has some fucking kino music

a lot of classic who music is good, but a lot of it is just someone mashing keys on a synthesizer with no real rhythm

Reminder that Whoflix edited this episode to remove the Doctor dying and made it so he ran back and forth around the castle for 4.5 billion years while I Am the Doctor played, and believes his version is superior (since Heaven Sent is "one of NuWho's most flawed episodes).

Listen to this and tell me that again: youtube.com/watch?v=9DbCVPgGMs8

Kino story w/ kino music
I absolutely agree. Some music in Who is brilliant but you keep getting scores like The Sea Devils popping in and out of existence.

Class OST coming soon. Fuck knows when or if we'll ever get series 9 and/or 10 OSTs.

twitter.com/BlairMowat/status/933783861426876416

(If you're not aware: 3 Prowse Place NW1 is HQ of Silva Screen Music, who do the Doctor Who OSTs now).

Every post-regeneration story is bad except for Power of the Daleks, Spearhead from Space, and the 11th Hour.

Yeah cool, you can make one decent piece of music out of 26 years of television. That doesn't negate the fact that a the best parts of that we're from Tom Baker era, but they could actually afford an orchestra and put some context to their beeps and boops, and the second best part of that the fact that on a macro scale it sounds like Doctor Who music actually sounded like it was growing, like people had ideas that developed informed and actually had an idea of how to create themes by the end of that. I'm like yeah, wild 60s and 70s and electronic music was really cool and avant-garde, again it really didn't add much to how the show worked back then. It was just kind of there. You can argue it was atmospheric, or whatever but to be honest it was just forgettable. It wasn't really good music so much as it was just a piece of the set

and the movie

The TV Movie isn't bad, nor is The Christmas Invasion.

Deep Breath isn't bad either, just overlong.

>implying there wasn't any seriously great music in McCoy's era

*tips*

What about Tristram Cary’s Brian Eno-esque music for The Daleks?

It's almost as if people's ideas about television music have changed over time, isn't it? That can't possibly be true now, can it?
youtube.com/watch?v=5EI6I0f8HTk is a perfect example of this

what in the fuck? silva screen is doing class OST instead of Doctor Who? what the fuck is going on?

there's gotta be some sort of explanation.

>implying Murray Gold is anything but bombastic noise repeated on annoying loop

To be fair, I don't remember much of McCoy's music with the exception of Ghostlight, and remembrance of the Daleks which had very obvious bump in quality. Hell, I can remember just about the entire TV movie soundtrack from McCoy's is a lot fuzzier. Which isn't to say that McCoy's era was necessarily bad oh, I just can't remember it as well as I would like to in this case

I want to like Peter Harness's stories lads, but I find them too dry.

Enjoy: