What are some great ambitious films

What are some great ambitious films

Say what you will, but the ambition and scope was there

BvS

>casts hundreds of amateur actors to make a 3 hour generational epic

The backlash it got proves how dire the state of modern criticism is and how little people under the medium.

It was ambitious but it wasn't great.

Elaborate without droning on about RLM memes.

too many cuts
this film is like an american fight scene
;^)

What backlash? It was critically acclaimed, it has a RT score of 97% with average rating of 9.2, and an audience score of 81% with an average 4/5 rating. The only "major" backlash it got was from RLM.

Believe it or not, the internet has power. It's like this film can never been brought up with the whole "12 YEEEEARS" meme anymore. It most certainly faced further backlash after RLM panned it.

1/2

All I know is that I watched it in theaters, at my local premiere, before seeing the RLM review, and I found it boring. I also rolled my eyes at the ending.

2/2

Ambitious but rubbish

it was a great movie desu

Fire walk with me is pretty ambitious

>imagine being this objectively fucking wrong

So it faced a backlash from RLM's bandwagoning redditor fanbase, which just happens to congregate in your favorite echo chamber bubble, Sup Forums.

>my surrogate friends made fun of a shitty flick i like!
>i can never let anyone know i watch it, even tho this particular oscar bait was hailed as the best movie of the decade by people with an actual platform outside of youtube

2001 and The Shining. Also It Comes At Night.

Yeah it's probably the most ambitious horror movie ever made definitely one of the most influential

is it that slave movie? he was literally 12 years a slave just for a role?

fucked up, yo

I think that it doesn't quite achieve what it was going for, and the end wasn't that well thought out. But it's definitely very ambitious.