Solo: A Star Wars Story

How does Sup Forums feel about 2018's Star Wars movie? This time a Han Solo origin story.

Pic related. Tell me your first thoughts about the cast.

Other urls found in this thread:

deadline.com/2017/11/disney-star-wars-monsters-inc-tv-series-1202205326/
comingsoon.net/movies/news/904647-phil-lord-and-chris-miller-talk-about-their-han-solo-firing#/slide/1
myredditnudes.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

vegas odds that solo's love interest will say "I know" after he confesses his love for her? whedon did a great job fixing the snyder fuck up, i'm sure opie will make this clusterfuck alright

I hope the set is attacked by terrorists and all actors/staff/footage is destroyed.

Completely unnecessary. Glover seems like a good Lando, though.

he was awesome in the Martian even with that tiny role

is that fucking Kelly C? holup!?!?

another nail in the coffin that was tard wars

Someone find them another Solo.

Damn straight

>meet some random dude at a Bar Mitzvah
>"yeah he'll do as Han Fucking Solo"

Thanks Disney.

I have absolutely zero interest and I've been enjoying most of the new Disney stuff.

I'd much rather the anthology films be about new characters and Han being played by someone other than Ford is just wrong.

Not her again

I hate to sound like Sup Forums but

>a Jew
>old Jew
>female Jew
>Jew
>another Jew
>Jew
>token blackman (probably Jewish)
>a Turk

That's not very diverse

>I've been enjoying most of the new Disney stuff.
What a plebeian, Jesus Christ.
No wonder they keep making this shit.

This. I can stomach shitty actors like khaleesi in side roles, but Han and Lando have to be perfect/ Lando seems great casting, Han is just meh.

>we must get the GoT audience money

Rogue One was a decent action flick, I've enjoyed some of the books, Rebels is pretty good, and some of the comics such as the Vader one are awesome.

it seems like all the worst elements of the prequels, TFA, and Rouge One combined.
Also a production disaster

None of them look like they belong in a Star Wars movie

Why is everyone so ugly

Literally looks like a promo shot for a network tv sitcom parodying Star Wars

The Vader rampage scene is enough to excuse Rogue One/.

See

I hope this kills Star Wars.

This.
They all look so wrong.

Exactly, this and the new series feel nothing like the Star Wars films to me at all.
It all just feels like a bunch of boring spinoffs with nothing new.

Christ, they dragged woody Harrelson into this mess?

it's very progressive of them to have white, ashkenazi jewish male linux programmer donald glover play lando calrissian

one movie every year until we are alive

2015 Episode VII
2016 Rogue One
2017 Episode VIII
2018 Solo
2019 Episode IX
2020 Boba Fett origin story
2021 Episode X
2022 Yoda origin story
2023 Episode XI
2024 Rogue Squadron
2025 Episode XII
2026 ???
2027 Episode XIII
2028 ???
2029 Episode XIV
2030 ???
2031 Episode XV

etc.

This looks like one of those shitty quirky office comedies

This movie has a chance to bring a ton of clarity to what was happening in the galaxy during that 20 year gap between RoTS and ANH but I doubt these people will touch on any of that stuff. It’ll end up going down as a wasted opportunity and simply “okay”.

Disney really needs to fuck off

Of course. No risks. Don;t antagonize the audience, just feed them the same thing.

We will see the falcon, cloud city, cantinas, quirky characters, the occasional star destroyer for flavour and that's it.

I barfed a little, no joke

I'm looking forward to being pissed off about Star Wars until I get old.

what did you expect? they need to get back the billions paid to Lucas for the rights

?????
kill yourselves

top kek so do I mate, I hope Sup Forums is still here

>there will be a movie about that black guy on cloud city with the ice-cream machine one day

fucking hell

>meanwhile they still refuse to release the theatrical original trilogy on blu-ray

Salacious B. Crumb origin story when?

we gonna get a Lobot standalone movie, mark my words

They've already got the Rebels tv series doing that, speaking of which I'm surprised they haven't made a live action Star Wars tv series for ABC yet.

aren't they lost or something?

user...

>In November 2017, Bob Iger discussed the development of a live-action Star Wars series for Disney's upcoming digital streaming service, due to launch in 2019

deadline.com/2017/11/disney-star-wars-monsters-inc-tv-series-1202205326/

i hope Sup Forums lasts that long so i can shitpost about star wars until i'm senile

We're going to live long enough to see the original trilogy as a whole retconned

animation is for kids, we need film or live action series for the drama, like the original trilogy

FUCK

Hasn't it already been semi-retconned? Nothing that happened then really matters in the new movies.

Get rid of the animal and get cheese closer to han

>tfw you'll live long enough to be considered old for remembering Disney's only ties to Star Wars being the Star Tours ride in Disneyworld

I'd watch it desu

Nah senpai, the 6 old movies, clone wars cartoons and all media after the deal are canon

>Animation is for kids
>When Clone Wars is unironically better than any of the movies

What got retconned?
Only thing I can think of is the Bothan spies stealing the Death Star plans (Rogue One still feels pointless as fuck and makes the rebellion seem way too large).

Bothans stole the plans for the second Death Star.

bothans stole plans for the second one dummy

Huh, I always thought that was for the first one.
Man the empire really needs to get its shit together.

Han, Leia, Luke are all washed up losers. Nothing they did mattered and the Galaxy is back to status quo.

kek

>yfw Sheev was the good guy all along wanting to prepare the Galaxy for the Vong invasion under a strong ruler
>yfw the Rebels interfered and 400 trillion sentients died in the Vong war

Man the whole idea of a sequel trilogy really ruins the whole point of ROTJ, I can understand prequels since we don't get much insight to the galaxy before the Empire outside of words (even if that trilogy sucked) but sequels just make everything they accomplished worth nothing.
Also reminder that we never got Luke, Han, Leia and Lando together nor ever will because JJ is a fucking hack.

You can tell her anything you want, but you have only 30 seconds. What do?

The entire point of the saga is that history is cyclical. There is never and end, only new beginnings, Jedi and Sith will always be at each opther's throats.

omae wa mou shindeiru

I don;t need 30 sec.

"Fuck off cunt"

>Taking what was left of Vader's calm, menacing atmosphere and giving it the Duel on Mustafar treatment in a scene with 0 tension because not only does everyone know how it's going to end the moment it starts, but makes negative amount of sense, because not only does it invalidate everything he says and does on the Tantive IV in A New Hope, he could have easily stopped the whole thing by just pulling the card out of the guy's hand. Or you know, instead of personally showing up, blowing the whole room up with a thermal detonator. Surely he had soldiers with him who could have done that. Why did he feel the need to do it himself?

Also
>Literally knowing exactly what the rebels had, where they had it and how they got it
>Not just blowing up the ship
In A New Hope, the Empire's approach made sense, because
1) They didn't catch Leia's ship red handed in an act of terrorism, so since the Senate still briefly existed, it would have been objectionable if something claiming to be a diplomatic vessel was just plainly destroyed instead of taken into custody
2) They didn't know how much the Rebels had or how they got it, so on the off chance that someone else had a copy, they had to see the data for themselves
Here, neither of these reasons exist. Darth Vader (who hear is a blood thirsty berserker) just kind of feels like letting them go, because they need to be alive for the next film. At least that's what the script said.

Maybe with the prequels, they pretty clearly kill off the dark side in the original movies and don't have that "balancing the force" bullshit.

We (the fans) have been waiting for 30 years to see Vader's true power. Your nitpicking doesn't detract from how awesome that fight was. Not everything has to make perfect sense you autist, there's such a thing called fun.

>Now I truly am Han, Solo

you aint getting shit but quipped

3/10 I got mildly flustered

Ahsoka movie when?

>We (the fans) have been waiting for 30 years to see Vader's true power.
Wrong thread mate. I think you're looking for >>Sup Forums165221223

Lord and Miller finally talked about the firing you can tell that they're trying to be professional, their friend seems based though.

>Phil Lord and Chris Miller were fired from Solo: A Star Wars Story back in June. Now they’re talking about the experience. The two were speaking about their MTV animated series Clone High at the Vulture Fest this weekend and told Vulture about what happened

>The experience of shooting the movie was wonderful. We had the most incredible cast and crew and collaborators. I think in terms of us leaving the project, I think everybody went in with really good intentions and our approach to making the movie was different than theirs. That was a really big gap to bridge, and it proved to be too big. Sometimes people break up, and it’s really sad, and it’s really disappointing, but it happens and we learned a lot from our collaborators and we’re better filmmakers for it.” After applause, he added, “We’re really proud of the work we did on the movie and we wish everybody the best.”

>Chris Miller joked, “We’re super well-adjusted, obviously we’re doing great. We’re super drunk right now.” He continued, “As Phil said, we had such a great relationship with cast and crew, we were really rooting for them. After we took a much-needed vacation, we got back into it and now we’re writing and producing a sequel to The Lego Movie and producing a Miles Morales animated Spider-Man.”

>Clone High writer and collaborator Bill Lawrence added a little dig, though. He said, “They’re really generous and nice. I hope that movie sh*ts the bed.”

comingsoon.net/movies/news/904647-phil-lord-and-chris-miller-talk-about-their-han-solo-firing#/slide/1

>whedon did a great job fixing the snyder fuck up
are you high? he made the movie worse and tried imitating marvel and their quipfest shlock

I'm pretty sure you can write many interesting stories that follow the OT but don't retread the same plot points all over again.

>most of the cast is white
How did they get away with this?

they should give han solo a young and handsome brother.

I sort of agree. The films should've just focused on Anakin/Luke, with 6 being the nice conclusion. Any other story should stick to EU, I've always wanted a KOTOR type game but have it be post ROTJ like a hundred years later with ghost luke or something but sadly that dream is dead. That I think would be a nice continuation than what we got now.

It's the new capeshit. Star Wars is ruined forever
...for longtime fans
Less truly is more. It was more special as a trilogy.
I used to go to Disneyland as kid, and Star Tours was a special treat. Now there's going to be an entire Star Wars Land, and it's just too much.
But kids will probably like it

>didn't watch rogue one
>won't be watching tlj
>won't be watching this
Cheers, OP.

My feelings exactly right down to the Disney ride and the old lego sets, there's no magic to it anymore to the point where I never thought I'd say I'm not hyped for a Star Wars movie.
Same goes for superhero movies, I loved them a lot right until the Avengers came out.

It's
2015 Episode VII
2016 Rogue One
2017 Episode VIII
2018 Solo
2019 Episode IX
2020 Kenobi
2021 Star Wars Original Series
End of phase I of SWCU

i didn't watch tfa and rogue1 and i won't be watching tlj because they don't have young and handsome. but i'll eagerly watch this because han solo actor is young and handsome.

>Tell me your first thoughts about the cast.
woody is playing han? thought this was an origin story?

>Phase 1
Will we ever get out of this era of cultural stagnation?