Other urls found in this thread:

starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Zillo_Beast
starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Lightsaber-resistant_materials
youtu.be/iJDMlBJartI?t=1m14s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

it can't cut through the strongest material in the galaxy

love, user. light-sabers can't cut through love

no cuz it cant cut through another saber

in TLJ it will be shown that Rey is so strong with the force that her flesh can withstand a lightsaber.
She'll literally grab the blade of Kylo Ren's saber with her bare hand

It can't cut through Zillo Beast hide

starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Zillo_Beast

And then break it in half

starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Lightsaber-resistant_materials

No, there are many resistant materials, the most common being cortosis.

This question is like "is God real": brainlet edition

rey can block them with her teeth

>Luke: She's stronger than Madara Uchiha
Now hold on a minute, he didn't even say which version.

It cant cut through Hope, Hope is all we have. Hope is built on Hope

>Zilla beast had scales that could stop a lightsaber
>Mandolorian armor is at least somewhat resistant to them

Magnaguard staffs have lightsaber-resistant metal, if I remember correctly.

youtu.be/iJDMlBJartI?t=1m14s

It can't cut through diamond, the hardest metal in the universe

kino

Anakin was literally the strongest person with the force. Unless she was made my Sheev or that Snoke guy via midichlorians she will never top him off.

Kylo has already surpassed Anakin, and this is illustrated when he force-caught that blaster beam.

It depends on who you ask.
>George Lucas
probably.
>EU wookiepedia shitheads
they technically can't even cut paper

>they technically can't even cut paper
On what fucking grounds?

What if you dropped a lightsaber that didn't turn off. it would eventually burn to the planet core. Then hot lava would come up the hole you poked in the crust of the planet and a volcano would start growing there.

This is actually how volcanoes are made.

can they cut through light sabers?

why didn't they just throw a light saber at the death star

How come Ponda Baba has blood and Luke doesn't?

why didn't the eagles just fly a life saver to the exhaust port?

during the Vader vs Luke fight didn't Vader swing his around hitting the side rails where it just boucned off it

why don't they all wear armies made out of that whatever the rails are made of?

How did that illustrate that? Vader deflected Han's blaster shots with his hand in Episode V with zero effort.

I don't care what anyone says. That was a cool scene. It's really good at establishing how dangerous lightsabers are, then people complain about how low the stakes are in the fights because "they don't look like they're in any real danger" or some bullshit like that.

Mandalore has a metal ore they use in their weapons that can't be cut by kaiber crystal laser energy.

>cool scene
16-year-old me agrees. The music was half of it though.

Lightsabers can't cut through the beams of other lightsabers. They can't cut through Magnaguard electrostaffs (at least not easily), this was seen in Revenge of the Sith I believe. They can't cut through certain types of shields. They can't cut through a few rare metals.

It's mostly based on what the plot demands.

That never happened. He just pulled his saber back and it burned the railing.

>Kylo has already surpassed Anakin
Are you retarded?

They can cut through anything except one thing..

If that's accurate to the movie prop it's over designed trash.

>Kylo has already surpassed Anakin, and this is illustrated when he force-caught that blaster beam

Lmao

boipucci?

its a nightstick/tonfa with laser shit on the bottom, very lazy design and would be unwieldy

>On what fucking grounds?

hot

>Katchin
Can a lightsaber hack it?

that's because he had a robot arm, stupid

>Can a light saber cut through anything?

No

Pretty sure blasters still blow up robots you dumb FUCKING NIGGER FAGGOT

are comic books the worst medium ever created?

wouldn't he just choke the bitch to death then?

unfunny faggot

unfunny faggot

unfaggot funny

His robot arm was made out of durasteel, obsidian, and PLASTEEL, you retarded casual CUNT BITCH REDDITOR

>people actually make category

I know it was a godzilla homage but did Palpatine doing research on it go anywhere?

wow so the same shit stormtroopers wear when they get blown the fuck out by blasters YOU CUNT SUCKING NEWFAG DINDU

>let me exposition this one material thats everywhere in the EU but you never see in the movies
God I hate this
I think that's what he actually does. Been a while since I saw the comic.

>hardest metal known to mean
>fucking Dragonforce
kill yourself

the mystery is solved

BTFO

Could a lightsaber cut Superman?

>The second in command of the WHOLE FUCKING EMPIRE is wearing the same mass produced bullshit as some random grunt
>being this fucking retarded

That's like saying Dick Chaney's pacemaker was made out of the same shitty kevlar as Pvt Numbnuts's flak jacket

Just the EU

There's actually a Force power that explains that. Tutaminis or something. Same thing Vader used in Cloud City when Han shot at him. Can be used to block lightsabers or blasters.

>Dragonforce

unfaggot unfunny

IIRC in the EU there's a particular type of metal/plastic thats basically immune to what makes a light saber work- a blade made out of the stuff will pass straight through it (though not drain it like would) and armor/shielding made out of it stops it like it wasn't even there. I think it was very brittle and thus pretty much useless in almost every other situation though, it was specifically used for and against wielders of the Force. But its been ages since I followed anything in the EU, and its no longer canon anyhow.

why kick him when you can just slash him with a light saber? It's not like a lightsaber is hard to maneuver - they swing those things like they're at a rave party

>literally dangerous for a multitude of reasons, least of all your lightsaber
>some dumb bitch thinks she got you with a knife
>she clearly has no clue who you are
>robotic limbs alone have enough clenching power to crush her skull
>you are Space Jesus and can just mindfuck her with the force anyway
>playing with your food because you are bored

You sure that wasn't just his robot hand?

hello newfags

you're missing the point of what he's trying to say

can you imagine the grip on that thing when he's jerking off? How can you possibly cum in a regular pusy after that?

That wasn't the saber, though, that was the hilt.

>jerking off when you have telekententic force powers

You could literally make every nerve in your dick vibrate at the most pleasurable frequency imaginable. Why the fuck would you use anything else?

Because your dick isn't ribbed for her pleasure.

Light saber vs. Mithril: which would win?

Obsidian? You mean, GLASS?
LOL. Niggerfaggot has a glass arm.

Cortosis-weave is probably the only thing that is capable of resisting a lightsaber.

I can see that actually happening judging by the actual state of star wars

Why nobody has a lightsaber for blasting doors? Are they hard to make or something?

There are two types. One is just resistant to lightsabers, and the other shorts them out.

>TFW had a 4 hour long debate with fat autistic neckbeards on Sup Forums one time about the definition of the word "cut" in regards to a lightsaber.

Basically they claimed a lightsaber did not technically cut something because the beam is made of energy/plasma so it's disintegrating or burning the matter, not cutting it. It was so upsetting I tried to argue how retarded that was for FOUR hours, eventually I gave up and went to bed with a blistering headache and sheer anger.

Amazes me that some people will argue with you on the internet for that long about a super autistic topic that doesn't even matter because it's a fictional movie. I'm convinced they would have gone all night if I had let it, don't think I'll ever forget that night. Probably my most autistic experience on Sup Forums, and the internet.

Mithril isn't even considered the strongest material in that/those universe(s).

You're wrong though. The beam itself isn't a solid thing, it just generates enough heat to melt anything around it.

Now you have something to tell to your grandsons

Can a lightsaber kill a dragon?

What does it fucking matter? It's a fictitious weapon in a fictitious movie. Only fucking autistic faggots would go to such lengths to make sure physics and shit were accurate in a fictional sci-fi fantasy movie.

It's like saying if you CUT a log in half with a lightsaber, are you actually cutting it? Or are you burning it in two? Who gives a fuck about the jargon and definitions. It's a laser sword at the end of the day, but it doesn't have a metal blade so by that logic it's not cutting something because the blade isn't solid? Fucking autism, like I said, why does it fucking matter? It's a fucking fictitious weapon in a fictitious reality. It's a fictitious weapon, it doesn't exist. I really don't give two shits if it's CUTTING or BURNING through something, at the end of the day if you slice something with it, you're still slicing/cutting with it. Jesus Christ, seriously only fat autistic Star Wars neckbeard fans and physics nerds would give such a shit about something like this.

woah dude

Big if true

then how do lightsabers clash with one another in a duel if they're not solid

too much heat colliding in one spot expands the air enough that it doesn't allow further movement. also the reason they make sparks and loud noises

>Tfw this is actually highly probable

Wil-will she move her hand up and down?

See what I mean? Only physics nerds and science faggots would give two shits about how a fictional weapon operates.

More important, what are the tax implications of a light saber?

>can't cut through something with a light saber
>use a heavy saber instead