lsddev.itch.io/21-the-world
store.steampowered.com/app/219890/Antichamber/
myabandonware.com/game/doctor-who-destiny-of-the-doctors-bay
github.com/dsoft20/psx_retroshader
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Microaggression
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

sneed

seed

they were okay, weaker tier capaldi episodes but weaker tier capaldi episodes are still better than most of nuwho desu

GrantZilla, I want you to reply to this if you see it
We want to talk to you

Want to be a part of /who/ secret santa? Here's how!

Step 1: Set up an amazon account

Step 2: If you don't want people to know your full name go to My Account > Personalization >Your public Profile to change your name to something less tracky.

Step 3: Make a public wish list of stuff you want
Also make sure you add an address or your not getting shit. Go to List Actions > Update List Profiles. Enable 3rd party to get things from amazon sellers(and save a nice gifter a few bucks) For added safety, choose items fulfilled by amazon to avoid possible sharing of your personal address!

Step 4: You post your list with everybody elses

Step 5:???

Step 6: Profit!

Don't worry if you can't gift back, that's not what this is about.
Would like everyone who participates to receive a gift, so if you see a ** next to someone's list, move onto the next one that hasn't received a gift.

Gift Givers, please reply with the list you
purchased for so it can be noted.

17514VADVEQIM**
DGXY4RJPSQWB
1IY0A18BQA7IB **
2CG83V99TQ9RD
OFSL0NT2DR5U
2IZSELC8RIKC9**
1ICTY5EYJA536
2HR8QCNPF2EJV
2869K8NQWTDYU
3PAIZYX4T3S3W -Amazon . co . uk
1MXNH09BNBX5 -Amazon . co . uk
2IZ3HNTFTN5L1 -Amazon . co . uk
3CAH1CFP6G2EL
user requests a the Radical Doctor Lym requests Jess art.
user requests art of a Ironside trying to make tea.
Post your lists!
Don't want a physical gift? Make a request for OC arts, Vocaroo holiday greeting, or something else maybe? Perhaps someone will fulfill your request!
Merry /who/mas!
Will add them to the copy pasta for the next thread.

Hi user!

Provide proof that it's you by screencapping a logged in wikia window

I'll give the Ironside request a go tomorrow!

>Commie oxygen
>Cyberman eutanasia
>Unbearable testo
>Tranny Master
>Inevitable like cellphones and Trump

WHAT THE FUCK happened the last couple years? Who is inserting this shit?

I stopped watching regulatory at Death In heaven and i'm trying to catch up on good recent ones

I dont want politics in my kids show. and its only going to be worse when the new doctors on ay?

Stop posting this pic please

Actually it's capitalist oxygen.

It's only the last year and it's literally because of trump
That election season pushed everyone further in either direction politically. Most writers and creative types are left leaning, so they shifted further left - and as a result, it seeped into their work. They probably don't even think they were writing more politically due to relativity

>cybermen euthanasia is a problem
user, you might want to watch moar classic. Thats literally what the Cybermen are supposed to be. Its an allegory for losing your sense of individuality and all the reasons a person has to live in favor of contributing mindlessly to society. The argument of whether its okay to let people die if they can be saved from preventable death as long as they die on their own terms or if they can be used for something greater as a blunt instrument as a singular cog in a machine without a quality of life. Its legitimately one of the best philosophical questions doctor who has ever asked and they started asking it in 1967!

Is it wrong?

Yeah i got that with 10th and cyberman and the chip that blocks pain. Here bill just asks to be killed tho if she becomes one.

Why are you responding to bait?

A "chip that blocks pain" that was literally the dumbest fucking concept. Where the fuck is humanity's choice in forced conversion? What the fuck was the choice anyone made when you had an old woman freak out because she was a forced cyber conversion? What point ws made to humanity to convince them giving up being humans was a good idea? What idea was used to over come it? Oh yeah, none of those. Because they used a chip and the sonic screwdriver.

Fuck, i know its bait; but man do I just plain hate the 10 cybermen 2 parter

Peter CaBOREdi

>unironically watching le wacky British man show

>>>/tumblr/

Fuck off Fluffanon

Hi, I'm an amateur programmer and vidya enthusiast, and since I've got this year finished I'm thinking of making a small /who/ game for the next months while on break.
Does anyone have any ideas? I literally have no clue where to start besides the fact it'll be a platformer and be made in everyone's favourite engine, fucking Unity

doctorwhogeneral.wikia.com/wiki/Doctor_Whom

thats it lads im deleting the wiki

S11 episodes

The Clock Strikes 13
Time of Fear
The Jewel of Shiva
War for Nothing
Heroes of Nothing
To Save the Lost
Ballad of Hope
Cosmic Run
Ruby Delusion
Ruby Illusion

>Views i disagree with are so retarded no one could hold them seriously without being a troll.
Now thats a superior outlook

IRL im cool with euthanasia but it seems like the edge of the puzzle being pushed.

Also a great case for how it should be a choice to upgrade, and the depth. but i dismissed that earlier in the episode because it seems the factorys pollution the master build forced them to upgrade thus falling for his trap without agency.

TARDIS EXPLORATION GAME
>TARDIS EXPLORATION GAME
TARDIS EXPLORATION GAME
>TARDIS EXPLORATION GAME
TARDIS EXPLORATION GAME
>TARDIS EXPLORATION GAME

Sneed's Feed and Seeds of Doom

can you floof this Twelve

Orford trying to get his boxes ticked

Make one of the power up a Capaldick.

>The Clock Strikes 13
lmao

What're they about, son?

i still cant believe capaldi is leaving fuck

Funny we've talked about this before.

I'm up for a collab.

Lym I'm the Tamogotchi Who game user, talked with you before about Tardis exporation.

I've used Unity before but mainly use Unreal 4 because it's kind on beginners.

If TARDIS EXPLORATION GAME il donate time in 3d/unity If you make a design doc

yesssss. full of tupperware monsters, and u gotta defeat Scongo as the main villain

It's not bait, it's a perfectly valid question. There were absolutely more political references and politically charged plots in S10

>unity platformer
good fucking luck user. Unity's built in physics are absolute shite and writing a character controller/physics system of your own is no small task

Exploration game set in the Stacks of the Eleven-Day Empire I've been working on a CYOA set in the Stacks for the longest time now
The Tardis exploration game sounds GOAT tho and I'd love to play

anyone know how regularly the big finish mega gets updated?

this one: mega.nz/#F!1HwhFTYC!wu6jSbfw6ZKpy_X26nrLsg!5ahWHITA

reminder that hat

I'll expand on my ideas, I have no experience with game creation though.

>procedurally generated
>room variation, from corridors to console rooms to rare forests
>weird stuff in the vein of LSD: Dream Emulator and similar games like #21: The World

In terms of procedural generation, think of it like a 3D version of The Binding of Isaac: there are set room and corridor layouts, but they're placed and connected randomly.

It might be best to look at some gameplay footage of Destiny of the Doctors because those TARDIS corridors are exactly the kind of aesthetic I think would work.

But it isnt the factories, user:

its the exhaust fumes from living in an inhospitable part of the ship thats too close to the propulsion system. Combind that with gravity fucking with time and making the elevators agonizingly impossible to use and you have a choice of killing yourself so that others may survive or slowly dying painfully; your pain receptors have to be turned off because you will actually age inside the cybermen shell towards cellular death and your nerve endings will kill you just riding the elevator. Fuck thats a scary scenario

I was thinking of a smaller-scale minigame with memes considering my abilities, but tell me more about this TARDIS exploration game of yours, you guys seem to have that idea brewing for a while.
3D does have free assets available and modelling is genuinely easier than spritework (and I wouldn't have to beg for someone to make sprites for me like a cuck)

Oh you don't need to tell me twice. Doing almost anything on Unity is a hassle. I'm only using it because it's literally all I know.

I'm afraid I'm not well versed into Faction Paradox but I could give it a shot with some direction. Are you thinking more about an adventure game? Explore around and get items to continue the story?

here you go. mine look like shit compared to lyms though.

would it be possible for the corridors to do nonsensical things, like an mc escher painting? castrovalva I really liked it visually when they played with the concept in the new series,

ie you keep taking right turns, but never come back to where you were, or travel in a straight line, only to return to your original position

Ah shit I posted before I saw your post, sorry.

The idea is theoretically do-able, especially since procedural generation would work best for a "couple-of-months" project like this where I wouldn't have to make a lot of levels.
I know just a little bit of 3D in Unity so I could research 3D procedural generation before being confident about it, I'd definately help if a collab was formed tho.

The biggest problem imo would be filling it up with content, generating the weird stuff and making it interesting.

i'm gonna gift one of the uk ones but i'm gonna do it later in december so they get the gift as close to christmas as possible

Also can more uk anons take part, even if it's just receiving

Game dev here
Ok, Ive only though about this for 4 min since the other guy said it.
>cute vector characters
>engine set up like the Unity 2d london tower demo.
>2.5d
>narrative like the dream doctor to allow any creature on board the tardis
> Collectibles
>Mario combat
>deeper minigame to unlock the next room

I have made maybe a few small games in the last year nothing major but enough to impress a few people. Procuderal generation can be done within 24 hours- saw a guy do it last week at a gamejam.

Making the game interesting would certainly be more challenging. And dream like is kinda like a fever dream but if we took baby steps.. baby steps.

Yes. Anything is possible within the game world but it would take a little longer to implement.

Sure. It's Lym's idea though, I kinda just want to do it for experience.
I advise you Download Unreal 4 and mess around with that, it's easier to use and has quite abit built in that Unity doesn't have for example lighting and physics is all set up already wheras in Unity you have to fix that all your self.

Funny enough I'm sure Unreal has a basic platformer template so you can do that.

S11 episodes: THE REEL
DEEL

Jane Doe
Dead Man Talking
Diamond Blue
A Vision of Shadows
Under the Oak
The Foreign Word
Darwin's Law
Planet of the Pythalom
Time Lady Victorious
Death and the Rani

ITS REEL

These are some games I think would be really useful for TARDIS exploration inspiration.

>LSD: Dream Emulator
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LSD_(video_game)
This one's pretty well known, random locations are connected and random events happen in those locations; no two times you play it will be the same. I also really like the PS1 aesthetic of it.

>#21: The World
lsddev.itch.io/21-the-world
As you can tell by the name, this one is heavily inspired by LSD: Dream Emulator and is basically a spiritual sequel to it, except with a few more memes added in for good measure.

>Antichamber
store.steampowered.com/app/219890/Antichamber/
This is the kind of stuff was talking about, with weird aesthetics and puzzles. One of my favourite indie games, honestly.

I'll be happy to give room ideas and layouts, I'm just not good at programming or modelling. Theoretically even if it's just a "couple-of-months" thing it could be elaborated on later if we do it as a group thing. If you guys are considering a multi-dev community project, I'd be happy to take the role of director.

The corridor simulator game you want is Antichamber

Danm this is it.
Acid trip tardis
Collage stop motion from episodes as characters
Rip audio
cunky 3d and 2d sprites
in VR the scale of things

Shada upload when?

Really low res pic here but this is the kind of aesthetic I think would work: slightly moody lighting, and corridors that look like this.

What if ya'll hacked Destiny of the Doctors and made it a good game?

Does this game have rippable models? Theoretically we could give it an intentional effect to look like this, I feel like the low-quality adds to it.

I could do that I imagine.

What combat and progression are you thinking?

What happens in these, son?

myabandonware.com/game/doctor-who-destiny-of-the-doctors-bay

Here's a link to Destiny of the Doctors btw, I dunno if it actually works or if you can even extract the textures but it might be good to take a look at for inspiration.

You know, I didn't really think about combat or progression. The thing about LSD Dream Emulator and #21: The World is that there's literally no goal, you just explore and experience.

github.com/dsoft20/psx_retroshader
this will be useful if you want that style

I'm really sold on this idea, could make for a nice weird litte game. Considering the little interactivity and the focus on exploring, there's some VR potential here that'd be cool aswell.

I'm thinking more and more that maybe the best project for this break is getting to know Unreal, especially since I could help later down the line when this eventually gets started. (And it will, I mean, considering all the programmers we have here there's enough to start a little dev team)

Counter idea: id keep it simple, but intelligent; Portal meets Mario 64. Story: you wander into the tardis not really knowing what it is, but in wandering the hallways and puzzle filled rooms you realize you can't get out. You think the tardis is trying to kill you, but in reality it lured you in to kick out a villain thats inside looking for the secrets of the Doctor. Inside the rooms could be whole different worlds and environments that are built around a puzzle. There are different paths and occasionally a randomly generated room, and the paths that lead to different endings and no 2 plays are exactly the same. In the best ending you find out you've been in The Master's Tardis. And you have been him all along.

But thats just how id do it

VR isn't all that difficult- some of the projects I've done were in vr. It's easy to simply convert from 1st/3rd person to VR.

I like this but it would take quite abit of designing for the puzzles and story.
I would be happy doing whatever as long as everyone's enthusiastic and the project is "managed" well. I am off to bed, it's 3:30 here.

GUESS WHAT TIME IT IS
Need suggestions/replacements, especially for the free space

>Eleventh Doctor appears
>Twelve encounters Ben and Polly for a short moment
>Thirteen grabs her chest
>Thirteen has more than one minute of screentime
>the original Hartnell title sequence is mixed in with the current title sequence
>Toby Whithouse speaks
>the TARDIS gets fucked up after the Doctor's regeneration
>Twelve's screwdriver + sunglasses are destroyed

Moffat Farewell Tour

Chumbleys aren't going mentioned user.

Also
>1 talks about how Clara choose what tardis to steal

David Bradley is credited as "Dr. Who"

>Merry Xmas Everybody
Why is this used in every christmas special?

“You know,” proclaimed the Doctor, “when I heard tales of this place, of a sinisterly pleasant prison pumping out drones, I thought it would be a quiet Sunday afternoon job. No real security, just a couple of deliriant chemicals pumped into the air to keep everyone placid. Just like that hospital on Antares V. And… oh, you’ve shot me with your stinger.”
It was true. Sol had fired a veiny dart into the Doctor’s chest. The Time Lady slumped backwards onto the soft black settee and gazed at Sol in a daze. Gus ran to the Doctor’s side before charging at the repulsive Sol. However, a cyan forcefield around Sol glowed and repelled Gus backwards onto the velvety floor without injury.
Sol cackled. “You haven’t won, whoever you are. And I know nothing of Antares V.”
“Oh,” said the Doctor, woozy from the dart. “That’s unexpected. There must be lot of strangely pacifist villains around these days. Something in the aether.”
“I do not care for your babbling,” sneered Sol. “I just want to take your free will.”
“No thanks. So, how are you choosing these prisoners then? Just picking random strangers from across space and time? Unrelated, so no-one will make connections?”

Best refrence

Somthing like this, non linear puzzle(?) just infinite VR first person sonic scrwedriver. Google or Samsung and apple 2019 with motion controls.

The tardis is broken, scale is leaking. kind of portal with multi scale rooms and objects.

Ive done VR too and were making low res stuff but who ever actually wants to see it though please make a Slack page or similar then Unity Collab thereafter. Cya if we do

Because it's a good song
has it been used since the RTD era though?

If you do make a slack, make sure it's accessible to any /who/re and you don't have channels for regular doctor who discussion. I support of a /who/ game but we don't need another twinkanon situation

Yep. It was playing when Mickey heard the Tardis materializing.

Mickey was RTD era though
I'm asking if it's been used in the moff era

Last Christmas

Ohhhh my bad.
Yeah I remember hearing it in the backround of a special when Rory was working in the hospital. Can't remember which one in particular that was though.

Wasn't room for everything
What should be changed?
What's the free space?

What the fuck is a microaggression

What's this from, lad?

It's when you say something innocuous and someone misinterprets your meaning and hangs you in the public square.

It's nuspeak for "saying something unintentionally offensive"

Doctor Who is dead.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Microaggression

>What's the free space?

The doctor regenerates

embarrassing to watch with your family
as is tradition

this

no you idiot he regenerated

I'll put kino in stream if you wake up, /who/.

Carnival of Monsters in stream. Get in, lads.

did you put shit in the stream because we didn't wake up?

>tfw can't tell the difference between The Seeds of Death and The Seeds of Doom
I just have to remember that Death is Ice Warriors and Doom is Evil Plants